Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Welp, just got put into a Score Match with the current Event point leader on the EN server a couple minutes ago. Looks to be a Korean player, helluva whale since they're leading by like 400k points. So of course they failstrat to further boost their event points with :effort:, whaling their way to victory. How many loveca must he have bought for him to do that and be so drat far ahead? My own wallet is crying for him.

And it was only an Expert match, not even Technical, so unless I'm mistaken, he wasn't even getting the most efficient points per LP/loveca spent... Blargh, I knew that most upper rankers in events are likely whaling failstratters, but seeing them in the wild like that is different that just knowing they exist.

On another note, Promo Yohane Gamers 5.0 update UR is out.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Every time I see a LL whale use failstrat it weirds me out because A they're not using their idols and B they're not using that money on idol merch, a heinous crime

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Chill la Chill posted:

Every time I see a LL whale use failstrat it weirds me out because A they're not using their idols and B they're not using that money on idol merch, a heinous crime

:same:

So many better uses of your loveca! And this guy is still 400k event points up on second place, there's no chance people are gonna catch up unless they whale even harder than you do!

But I guess actually playing the song with the idols you have would be too :effort:. It's not like he doesn't actually play a song at all, since his Score Match rank is still somewhat decent, despite almost certainly losing a bunch of points every time he fails a song using failstrat. I just don't get people using their money to buy loveca only to waste it like that...

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I mean, if you're gonna spend money like that, you may as well avoid playing songs you hate playing.

The idols are on break.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Zenostein posted:

I mean, if you're gonna spend money like that, you may as well avoid playing songs you hate playing.

The idols are on break.

I dunno, it was just Binetsu kara Mystery on Expert.

And the guy has a ton of Nozos apparently, so unless he loves Nozo but hates lily white songs (or that specific one, at least), I doubt it.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
idolw@tch continues on with

at 4 pm EDT/ 1 pm PDT / 8 pm UTC

All this in the never ending idol channel https://cytu.be/r/kotori

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

GhostStalker posted:

Welp, just got put into a Score Match with the current Event point leader on the EN server a couple minutes ago. Looks to be a Korean player, helluva whale since they're leading by like 400k points. So of course they failstrat to further boost their event points with :effort:, whaling their way to victory. How many loveca must he have bought for him to do that and be so drat far ahead? My own wallet is crying for him.

And it was only an Expert match, not even Technical, so unless I'm mistaken, he wasn't even getting the most efficient points per LP/loveca spent... Blargh, I knew that most upper rankers in events are likely whaling failstratters, but seeing them in the wild like that is different that just knowing they exist.

On another note, Promo Yohane Gamers 5.0 update UR is out.

I don't think these whalers have any idea that these technical song matches give you more event points and score match points. I was able to get to the 20th rank with a F2P team.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
why are there no aqours birthday boxes :smith:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We can only hope it happens in 2018.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
starting with Dia :pray:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

starting with Dia :pray:

Uhhhhhh Umi-duuuuuhhhhh

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
2,400 Hoshi Gems and 5 single-pull tickets. Yay.

Gomen minna.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

2525 jewels and 7 free pulls

Thanks gacha

We both should die I think

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boredsatellite posted:

2525 jewels and 7 free pulls

Thanks gacha

We both should die I think

gently caress, you got Nico Nico gems.

Eat your heart out Mr. Yes Can't Elope.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Die,

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The good old days of Chubbs and me, non-SSR havers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
(I actually had 2 Miku SSRs when this was posted.)

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Well TGS showed off a brief teaser for another main idolmaster game called "Stella Stage". Nobody is quite sure if this an addon to Platinum Stars or a proper game.

More information will be available at 10pm today and the saturday tgs idolmaster broadcast

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I look forward to watching neither.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

boredsatellite posted:

Well TGS showed off a brief teaser for another main idolmaster game called "Stella Stage". Nobody is quite sure if this an addon to Platinum Stars or a proper game.

More information will be available at 10pm today and the saturday tgs idolmaster broadcast

Yeah, the teaser is obviously PS assets but it's not like they're strangers to asset reuse so who knows. I'll attempt to watch as much of the stream as I can from work.

Hate-Senpai posted:

I look forward to watching neither.

You'll never get the hot Chihaya news with that attitude.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Looking to be a Platinum Stars Ver2 really

P-drops and other stuff are still in.

Basically a bad game.

I'll just watch the videos when it comes out

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Had a minor work crisis so I missed two-thirds of that, I'll have to rewatch later.. They couldn't really put a rival 961 Pro idol into a pure Platinum Stars copy so they must be adding something but yeah it doesn't look like there'll be extended talking bits.

Super starched skirts!

I really need a new calendar anyway

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Wait I need to recheck my comment about P-drops. I might have misheard what they said.

Also there's a lot of speculation of who the rival idol is going to be.

The JP fans are screaming Kotori for some reason, which would be godlike but highly unlikely.

Also thank god they revamped the whole dice commus?

Board game is a nice idea. Also Miki is cute

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 19, 2017

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Hate-Senpai posted:

The good old days of Chubbs and me, non-SSR havers.

Ah yes. A blast from the past, even if it was slightly inaccurate at the time...

I'm also saving all my lotto tickets for Shiki. It's a slim chance, but I'm going to take it.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Leos Klein posted:

I don't think these whalers have any idea that these technical song matches give you more event points and score match points. I was able to get to the 20th rank with a F2P team.

I dunno about how Score Match points work, even knowing that they're effectively MMR and having done a couple of events involving them to see it in action. Sometimes even if I wind up in last place after the Score Match, I wind up gaining Score Match points, and the person who came in first doesn't gain any at all; other times everyone except the person in last gains and they don't drop either, or me in last gain points while 3rd and 2nd lose them.

I guess it's based off of how well you did on the song compared to your average or whatever, and then assigning points and ranking off of that? I still don't get it at all. Alls I know is that it's real easy to gain points and then lose them, as I've been fluctuating between Tiers 3 and 4 for the past couple of days after songs where I swing like a couple hundred points a piece from high 4 figures rank to like 12 to 15k rank as a result. Guess it's just the difference between 1 SR Seal and 2 at the end of the event, but I am curious about how it works.

Technical songs definitely give you the chance to score more with more notes so I guess it'd be easier to gain Score 'Match points every song, but again, I have no idea how the system works.

Also, happy belated Riko Day, Ruby Day is the day after tomorrow as well! Used by birthday gift loveca to do a Maki weighted 1st Year Cool pull, since that was the limited one they had available, though I guess I could've done the new Muse bouquet box as well, since those look cool. Wanted some decent Maki URs, got 2 initial SSRs and an already idolized Job set instead. Plus a Rin too. Oh well, it isn't too bad of a result:

Got me a 5th blue ticket as well, so I tried an Aqours SR pull. Got a decent looking Maru out of it:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I did it. I finally got an Umi Rare

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
oh man, i remember many millenia ago, when that card was released. i can't remember how many gems i spent trying to draw her

...now i'm sad.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chill la Chill posted:

I did it. I finally got an Umi Rare

DIE.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
wait, that's not a rare, that's a oh

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Looks like there's going to be a new SIF app next year. School Idol Festival All-Stars. They are finally getting the 3D singing and dancing. New stories fully voiced by μ's, Aqours, and newly announced PDP VA's.

TGS Announcement Stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKJ2KVnmGi4

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Future Honoka messed up the timeline. Aqours, Muse, and PDP all together now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdmfBacKfr4

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

These new slide songs in LL are kicking my rear end. I can still mostly play with thumbs and prefer to do so because my phone slides all over the place when I try to do it with index fingers.

Trihugger posted:

Looks like there's going to be a new SIF app next year. School Idol Festival All-Stars. They are finally getting the 3D singing and dancing. New stories fully voiced by μ's, Aqours, and newly announced PDP VA's.

TGS Announcement Stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKJ2KVnmGi4

Good thing I still have lots of memory

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
GUESS WHO HAS THEIR FIRST UR PAIR EVER.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
THANKS FOR THE 5 LOVECA RUBY!!!!!!

Yes_Cantaloupe