Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

The Glumslinger posted:

Sure, cool, whatever

I'm sure he'll be fine until he gets injured after 15 games seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

It's the mini-max now. That's no different % wise as the Otto Porter or Barnes got.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cleveland legend Andrew Bogut.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

It's the mini-max now. That's no different % wise as the Otto Porter or Barnes got.

Yeah I'm just not much of a believer in Andrew Wiggins. Otto Porter though, sign me up, maybe

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
the weirdest part about gar forman's face is how his mouth looks caved in

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

R.D. Mangles posted:

JESUS CHRIST

He's like human claymation.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

JESUS CHRIST

Kevin Spacey mid-view of the Ark of the Covenant.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/NickDePaula/status/909931141825650688

I'd wear them

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Bashez posted:

https://www.healio.com/orthopedics/...iation-athletes

This is as dumb as I think it is right? You stop playing when you tear your ACL, of course you're going to average less minutes in games in which you tear your ACL.

If you have 5 guys that average 34 minutes a game and they tear their ACL's at 10, 30, 38, 40, and 40, minutes they'd still have less average minutes in their ACL tear games than normal.

To me the small amount of second quarter tears tells me that it's important to be warmed up but not yet fatigued. I don't understand their logic though, well maybe I do and it's awful.

0% of ACL tears occur after a player's death.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

So why hasn't Wiggins signed the deal? I mean, it's a no brainer for him. Have the T-Wolves been holding out? I thought the Glen Taylor "But I need you to improve, capiche?" stuff was like 2 months ago, and that the only reason Wiggins hadn't committed was because of his agent firing weirdness.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Twitter Reacts to Kevin Hart Admitting He Cheated & Getting Extorted on IG (Video)
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2017/09/twitter-reacts-to-kevin-hart-admitting-he-cheated-got-extorted-on-ig-video/

Somewhere Draymond Green is laughing heartily.

Athanatos posted:

I feel like Max Kellerman wears a phantom of the opera mask while he tans. Like what the gently caress is going on here

Looks like he wore a SCUBA mask or sunglasses and burned his face.

DeimosRising posted:

He missed an entire season with recurring foot problems

When KD "missed an entire season" he played 27 games and 913 minutes. In comparison, Embiid's breakout season was 31 games and 786 minutes last year.

Dexo posted:

Oh my God You guys need to watch Kyrie's interview on first take

https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/909796432877621249

Kyrie is in shock now that he realizes he had the opportunity to continue playing with possibly the GOAT and walked away.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 19, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

A step in the right direction. Imagine a scenario where the state lotteries were run like the NBA lottery. It'd be a disaster in many ways.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Diamond Stone has the posture of a gamer shut-in. No wonder he's a total bust and failure with injury issues and was humiliated by a very average looking woman with a rude attitude.

One of the litmus tests for being NBA ready should be the ability to defeat Peter Mansbridge in a game. Anthony Bennett couldn't do it and got verbally roasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZr_GKwmtY

Diamond Stone may be in trouble.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/909805319546560514

Loool Nick Friedell being used in state run media.

R.D. Mangles posted:

JESUS CHRIST

In the year 1982 a film called E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial was released. This particular scene captures my current existential angst: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACVup4Bqhfw

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/909800596148047872

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

KD looks like kind of a dumb baby but I think I probably would too a bit if my entire young adult life had been lived with like a million people knowing and reacting to every stupid thing I said or did.

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009
The best part of the KD thing is that he was knowingly going off on a highschooler in that instagram rant.

Gorgeous Mohammad fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Sep 19, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Chairchucker posted:

KD looks like kind of a dumb baby but I think I probably would too a bit if my entire young adult life had been lived with like a million people knowing and reacting to every stupid thing I said or did.

The NBA is full of guys who have had that experience and most of them learn to own it. The best player is a serial passive aggressive insta poster. Another is a colossal square who loves golf and reps filtered water and geriatric footwear. Others are eccentric. Or Obsessed with fashion. Or are openly socio-paths. They just live their lives though and don't seemingly spend all their time trying to get people to think they're cool tough guys.

What makes KD such a uniquely fantastic wiener is that he spends his days trying to act like he doesn't give a poo poo about the haters and then gets obsessively defensive about everything. Guy could average 50 a game and he'd still be refreshing his phone after to see what some 17 year old is saying about him.

Unless. Could it be that KD's fake account is managed by Zach Lowe?

BWV fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Sep 19, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

So why hasn't Wiggins signed the deal? I mean, it's a no brainer for him. Have the T-Wolves been holding out? I thought the Glen Taylor "But I need you to improve, capiche?" stuff was like 2 months ago, and that the only reason Wiggins hadn't committed was because of his agent firing weirdness.

It's the agent thing. I don't know what happened there, but there was a window to sign the deal a couple months ago because of who they needed to get in a room. I think they always said if it wasn't then they'd sign it before camp.

Wiggins is under contract for next year regardless so there isn't a big hurry or anything.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Nick Rivers posted:

Kevin Spacey mid-view of the Ark of the Covenant.
:discourse:

better than anything steph's ever done, for sure

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

It's the agent thing. I don't know what happened there, but there was a window to sign the deal a couple months ago because of who they needed to get in a room. I think they always said if it wasn't then they'd sign it before camp.

Wiggins is under contract for next year regardless so there isn't a big hurry or anything.

Wiggins hasn't been in town the last month (or really at all this summer) either, which probably contributes to it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are the giving him a 5 th year po?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Maestro posted:

0% of ACL tears occur after a player's death.

Acls are usually a result of movement patterns and the acute event snaps an already frayed thing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

Are the giving him a 5 th year po?

Well the tweet says 5 years 148 million so probably

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If I'm minne I wouldn't give him a po for the fifth year at all but I guess Wiggins has leverage somehow .

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/910151063948464129

More old faces for the Bulls baby

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm sorry Bulls fans.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

yessss

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I actually like Doug Collins

Though I have no idea if he's good at whatever he's gonna be asked to do.

So I assume he's bad then :smith:

Although this puts him above Gar which can't be a bad thing.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 19, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good move, keeps him out of the booth

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

If I'm minne I wouldn't give him a po for the fifth year at all but I guess Wiggins has leverage somehow .

Oh sorry, I misread what you typed. I haven't seen anything about a player option.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

zoux posted:

Good move, keeps him out of the booth
Now the Bulls just need to bring in Mark Jackson...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/910159494121971712

FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH GAR

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

OH MY GOD PLEASE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I'm hyperventilating.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Doug with the rko out of no where

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm :lol: that Jimmer has better shoes than Steph

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm checking the Bulls laziness/nepotism charts, and this hire means that Chris Collins will replace Hoiberg next year

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Chairchucker posted:

As it turns out he's a human being with normal insecurities who happens to be amazingly talented AND HE DESERVES TO BE RIPPED

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

If was a famous person I would most definitely have secret social media accounts to vent.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/910164149010944002

All these articles using images of Bogut in a cavs jersey are real funny :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gently caress Andrew Bogut. I hope he keeps getting hurt.

• Locked thread