Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Trails 2 transfer is not a big deal unless you're starting on nightmare.

Also, cold Steel 2 runs like poo poo so prepare for 10 fps areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

The Colonel posted:

nope

considering how much work went into the graphical end of the game i'm going to assume something about the engine just makes it literally impossible, like how they still couldn't fix non-xinput controllers having weird issues with diagonal movement

I'm sure Durante worked his rear end off but I would really appreciate it if instead of supporting crazy 3 monitor setups or infinite dof he put basic stuff like centering the game window on the screen or a mouse cursor lock toggle.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Moldy Sausage posted:

I'm getting close to finishing ToCS1 on PC and am enjoying it much more than I thought I would, so much so that I'm considering getting ToCS2 now while I actually have time to play it instead of getting it on pc when it comes out. I just had a couple questions about the PS3 version and importing saves and google wasn't very helpful

I know clear data from the first game gives some quartz/septium and changes some dialogue but how big of a change is this? Just a couple sentences or more noticeable?
There's a final "Bonding Event" towards the end of the Final Chapter and the (single) character you pick will carry over into CS2, which will change some events.

quote:

Is there a way to transfer a ToCS1 save from the pc version to the PS3 or download someone else's PS3 save?
Not as far as I know.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Moldy Sausage posted:

Will any QoL things I'm used to be missing from the PS3 version, besides turbo mode and graphics?

There will be scenes where Rean will be silent while other characters do have voices. Like your final bonding event. Certain characters like Scarlet and Vulcan will be silent too.

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?
All right it doesn't seem like that big of a deal then, thanks. I was under the impression that completed side quests and combat link levels would carry over and make some kind of a difference

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you could, I would really try to find a new game+ file to transfer bonding points, because CS2 triples down on "You can't see everything" the first time around. With way more non-class 7 supports.

And some bonding events require multiple points per resting period.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Erpy posted:

There will be scenes where Rean will be silent while other characters do have voices. Like your final bonding event. Certain characters like Scarlet and Vulcan will be silent too.

This is actually the biggest deal. Wait for the PC version.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Obviously if you expect to be swamped with work at the end of this year/start of the next, that may not be practical. If it's merely "I want know what happens next right now", I suggest waiting for the superior version and play the Trails in the Sky games if you haven't already.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

This is actually the biggest deal. Wait for the PC version.

Yeah, for reference CS1 PS3/Vita had 10,000 lines of voiced dialogue and CS1 PC has 15,000, and even if the ratio's off it stands out way more than it ever did in CS1 even if there's less Oddly Silent Rean, without going into spoilers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah there are entire dramatic scenes in CS2 that aren't voiced for whatever reason that will probably be voiced in PC CS2

if you really want to play CS2 now it's acceptable but know what you're trading off for here

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Take it from someone who's played through CS2 with Oddly Silent Rean: you don't want it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
really what i'm glad about is keeping va for any minor characters who lose it

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Colonel posted:

really what i'm glad about is keeping va for any minor characters who lose it

Voiceless Patrick in cs2 is a game crime and I'm glad our lord and savior Hatsuu is delivering swift justice..

Moldy Sausage
Oct 5, 2004
Where am I going?
Unfortunately it's either binge play it now on a big tv in a comfy chair or play it whenever it comes out for an hour at a time hunched over my lovely computer. I think I can deal with the poor framerate and some missing voice acting, if not I'll give you all a chance to say you told me so.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is it confirmed that cold steel 2 will have more voiced lines as well? Cold steel is cool.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The voice director cast new voice actors just for cs2.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Tae posted:

If you could, I would really try to find a new game+ file to transfer bonding points, because CS2 triples down on "You can't see everything" the first time around. With way more non-class 7 supports.

And some bonding events require multiple points per resting period.

So I'll have to take my NG+ Cold Steel "perfect" save, transfer it to CS 2, but I'll still need to finish CS2 once and start a NG+ before I can see all the bonding events?

Erpy posted:

There will be scenes where Rean will be silent while other characters do have voices. Like your final bonding event. Certain characters like S. and V. will be silent too.

It's not a huge deal in this case, it's just filling out the full names of some guys initials who we've seen, but I'm about halfway through chapter 5 of 7 (just about to finish the afternoon quests from Day 2 of the Field Study in Legram), so I think I'm fairly far into the game, and those names haven't been mentioned yet. Not trying to be a nag, just an idle thought.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 17, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

So I'll have to take my NG+ Cold Steel "perfect" save, transfer it to CS 2, but I'll still need to finish CS2 once and start a NG+ before I can see all the bonding events?
Yes, just like with Cold Steel, you don't get max Bonding Points on your first playthrough. Worse, there are a couple of sidequests that are literally not available in the game AT ALL in your first playthrough.

Though, if the CS release was any indication, there'll be a finished save within a day or two of the game dropping.

quote:

And Erpy, it's not a huge deal in this case, it's just filling out the full names of some guys initials who we've seen, but I'm about halfway through chapter 5 of 7 (just about to finish the afternoon quests from Day 2 of the Field Study in Legram), so I think I'm fairly far into the game, and those names haven't been mentioned yet. Not trying to be a nag, just an idle thought.
It took me a bit to realize what you were referring to here, but you're right, those names haven't been mentioned at the point you're at.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

Yes, just like with Cold Steel, you don't get max Bonding Points on your first playthrough. Worse, there are a couple of sidequests that are literally not available in the game AT ALL in your first playthrough.

Though, if the CS release was any indication, there'll be a finished save within a day or two of the game dropping.

Yes, but the potential sticking points there are, would it be one using a perfect CS 1 carry-over save? AND with the same person I chose for the final bonding event? (Although I suppose it's close enough to the end that they could provide saves for all possibilities). I guess we'll have to see. Oh well, worst case I could just do it all myself.

quote:

It took me a bit to realize what you were referring to here, but you're right, those names haven't been mentioned at the point you're at.

I edited my post to clarify.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Yes, but the potential sticking points there are, would it be one using a perfect CS 1 carry-over save? AND with the same person I chose for the final bonding event? (Although I suppose it's close enough to the end that they could provide saves for all possibilities). I guess we'll have to see. Oh well, worst case I could just do it all myself.

That's actually irrelevant, because when you start a CS2 game, it will ask you if you want to import a CS1 endgame save, so you'll still be able to import YOUR CS1 save.

So, if you have a CS2 completed game save and load it up, the game will first ask you what NG+ bonuses you want to use and then it'll ask you if you want to import a CS1 save (if you have one)

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

good to know

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

That's actually irrelevant, because when you start a CS2 game, it will ask you if you want to import a CS1 endgame save, so you'll still be able to import YOUR CS1 save.

So, if you have a CS2 completed game save and load it up, the game will first ask you what NG+ bonuses you want to use and then it'll ask you if you want to import a CS1 save (if you have one)

:doh: I've played Second Chapter and The Third. I should know how this works!

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I just started playing the first TitS, and I'm surprised it actually seemed pretty charming to be an anime. I'm not far in, on the quest where you find the lost kids. Does the whole arts/quarts/slot system seem more complicated than it actually is, or should I probably go read up on it somewhere?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You only need to read up on it in the game itself. Your bracer handbook contains all the available combos and what you need to get them.

Basically: Longer lines = more opportunities to put a lot of quartz on one line = more points = more arts. The longer your line, the better you are at magic.

In TitS FC, arts are generally better for combat than melee. Aim to unlock the Aerial and White Gehenna arts and you're pretty drat set. Don't underestimate the art that inflicts Confuse, either.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I just started playing the first TitS, and I'm surprised it actually seemed pretty charming to be an anime. I'm not far in, on the quest where you find the lost kids. Does the whole arts/quarts/slot system seem more complicated than it actually is, or should I probably go read up on it somewhere?

In addition to what was said above, you'll generally want all your characters to have an Action quartz of some kind on them, though that's hardly a necessity. Also just bear in mind that changing your quartz setup is a good first step if you're struggling at any particular part. It's easy to forget you haven't changed your setup in a while even when there's better stuff available sometimes, and changing your quartz around will usually help you out.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Such a good game. I'm at the start of ch 6 now. What are the best MQs? I've been running scepter for a long time but I think I'm rich enough to give it up now. I have Taurus and moebius and criminal maxed out with Pandora, brave, Cypher, falco, and aegis at lvl 4.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Billzasilver posted:

Such a good game. I'm at the start of ch 6 now. What are the best MQs? I've been running scepter for a long time but I think I'm rich enough to give it up now. I have Taurus and moebius and criminal maxed out with Pandora, brave, Cypher, falco, and aegis at lvl 4.

It depends on what you're looking for. Force is insanely powerful for trash mobs when combined with Domination: you can S-Craft, kill everything and get all your CP back.

Brave and Raven are great for boss fights for the massive stat boosts. Falco is amazing if you put it together with a dodge tank set up (Evergreens, +Eva equipment and quartz, Wrath). Moebius' level 5 ability makes it the most ridiculous support MQ in the game.

A maxed out Criminal combined with the Fire Bell gives you essentially infinite turns. Aries and the Water Bell probably works the same, but you don't get the free criticals.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
And Pandora is indeed good for offensive casters.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Let's see if I can remember all of the best ones...

Moebius, Criminal, and Pandora (ones you've already listed) are definitely awesome ones to have endgame. Other than that:

Megalith: Regens HP/EP/CP while walking around and boosts EXP gains.
Vermilion: Higher HP boosts Attack, so amazing on Laura
Juggler: High chance to inflict random status effects, so great on Machias. TBH though I mostly like this from how I used it in CS2, but I'm sure it was still a solid choice in the first game.

You've probably already figured this out but MQ that provide a turn-limited boost at the start are not going to be as great for bosses

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I didn't mention the ones that become available in Chapter 7, but yeah, those are all insane, partly because they start at level 4.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/Durante_PT/status/910048890803642368

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Yassssss!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Does that mean he hadn't started working on it before today?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Some Numbers posted:

Does that mean he hadn't started working on it before today?

Cold Steel 1 bug fixes, etc took some time.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Now I need to try and pace myself in finishing these last 1.5 chapters of cs1 to be able to start on the cs2 port right away, and then pace that to finish on the launch of a cs3 localization

Watch me turn into a skeleton right before your very eyes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CS2 PC confirmed for Thanksgiving 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Now I need to try and pace myself in finishing these last 1.5 chapters of cs1 to be able to start on the cs2 port right away, and then pace that to finish on the launch of a cs3 localization

Watch me turn into a skeleton right before your very eyes

You definitely want to do this, because after the ending of CS, the wait is going to be HELL.

I had to wait 8 months and it was awful.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I feel like CS2 will be out between February and April but hoping for January or December if Durante somehow works unbelievably fast.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
When is the point of no return in the final chapter? Should I spend all my cash on equipment before the festival starts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

poe meater posted:

When is the point of no return in the final chapter? Should I spend all my cash on equipment before the festival starts?

It will come later than you think, so don't worry. You'll know it when you're there, and you'll have immediate access to everything you'll need near where you are.

• Locked thread