Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Any word on when the update's gonna hit? I'm dying to play new Mercy in comp. I know it's supposed to be today, but when was never clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Matsuri posted:

Any word on when the update's gonna hit? I'm dying to play new Mercy in comp. I know it's supposed to be today, but when was never clear.

Probably around 6 EST.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Man, I'm gonna be at work then. Second shift sucks. :saddowns:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Matsuri posted:

Man, I'm gonna be at work then. Second shift sucks. :saddowns:

It's not going away.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I'm aware, it just sucks because I'm bored and don't really have much to do right now.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759166300

"Fixed a bug that caused a pair of pink fuzzy dice to mysteriously float onto the screen when viewing D.Va’s weapon in the Hero Gallery if her Cruiser skin was equipped"

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 19, 2017

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Rein qol buff is a nice change. Seems obvious in hindsight.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Another one I liked on ptr was the skull and crossbones have been replaced with a hero portrait when someone dies.

e: Once again they don't actually list the Rocket Punch changes (a slight buff back to his hitbox) anywhere lol

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 19, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

turtlecrunch posted:

e: Once again they don't actually list the Rocket Punch changes (a slight buff back to his hitbox) anywhere lol

did they even do it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they changed it on ptr but idk if that made it to live here

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

quote:

Fixed a bug that occasionally caused the heroes’ “sigh” voice line to play when respawning

I seriously never would have thought that this was a bug. It just made so much sense.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Cephas posted:

I seriously never would have thought that this was a bug. It just made so much sense.

It's mistakenly doing the 'grabbing a health pack at critical hp' noise I think

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It's mistakenly doing the 'grabbing a health pack at critical hp' noise I think
Yeah but that works well. Also I'm so bad at nuDVa and Mercy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the last point of the new map really loving sucks for the attackers

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Cephas posted:

Yeah that actually worked really well. Huh.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've revised my opinion: this map really loving sucks for the attackers

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Can you still cancel the mini missiles with a melee attack and end up with a couple ghost missiles spilling out?

nope

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 19, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

turtlecrunch posted:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759166300

"Fixed a bug that caused a pair of pink fuzzy dice to mysteriously float onto the screen when viewing D.Va’s weapon in the Hero Gallery if her Cruiser skin was equipped"

Yo Blizz there's still a problem :mad:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've revised my opinion: this map really loving sucks for the attackers

they finally added a gigantic, los free widow snipe range on the first third of the map, and it's exactly as awful to play against widow as you would expect.

the central area seems abominable for attackers mostly. there's just raised cliffs looking right down on the payload on both sides lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I am convinced that the new version of D.Va is an overall buff and it'll take a while for players to get good enough at juggling everything she can do now.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

its not really a buff or a nerf so much as dva was removed from the game and a new hero was added

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It seems to be taking me a while to remember to hit shift a second time to stop flying.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
There's a lot of doomsaying on bnet that the D.Vs changes are a straight nerf and that she's going to be dumpstered. This is early days yet and the bnet forums are complete garbage, but I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the next month or so they continue to tweak both Mercy and D.Va more regardless of how much water the doom and gloom holds just from sheer complaining alone. Plenty of people over there seem extremely unhappy with the move towards less mitigation and more damage, so hopefully they go ignored in that respect at least.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

There's a lot of doomsaying on bnet that the D.Vs changes are a straight nerf and that she's going to be dumpstered. This is early days yet and the bnet forums are complete garbage, but I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the next month or so they continue to tweak both Mercy and D.Va more regardless of how much water the doom and gloom holds just from sheer complaining alone. Plenty of people over there seem extremely unhappy with the move towards less mitigation and more damage, so hopefully they go ignored in that respect at least.
I'm bad with her, but at first glance she feels weaker but that's also because I keep trying to play her like I would old-DVa. I find myself taking a lot more damage than I'd expect because I keep not having DM available to protect myself, so i'm over-extending and dying a lot right now. That's not to say she's bad at all, she might very well have gotten more powerful, but at the moment, everyone is trying to play her like they used to and struggling. I know I am. Hopefully they let people play with her a bit more and get used to what is effectively a major change in playstyle before they tweak anything.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

my experience with the new d.va hasn't made her seem weak at all. doomfist and soldier were noticeably weaker after their big nerfs, but I've actually died to more d.va's now than before

like she might fall off in pro play, idk, but I don't think this is gonna kill her in qp/ranked. they might need to tweak her a bit but d.va seems pretty ok to me

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
New Mercy is fun as heck. I like not needing to feel like I need to save my res for multiple people; being able to decide "what we really need right now is our D.va back" is nice, and being able to fly around giving mass healing/damage during the ult is fun too.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

if nudva is weak just converting more health to armor and/or reducing cooldown on rockets would help a lot to shore up her weaknesses I think

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ravenfood posted:

I'm bad with her, but at first glance she feels weaker but that's also because I keep trying to play her like I would old-DVa. I find myself taking a lot more damage than I'd expect because I keep not having DM available to protect myself, so i'm over-extending and dying a lot right now. That's not to say she's bad at all, she might very well have gotten more powerful, but at the moment, everyone is trying to play her like they used to and struggling. I know I am. Hopefully they let people play with her a bit more and get used to what is effectively a major change in playstyle before they tweak anything.

This is where I'm at. A lot of D.Va and Mercy players have had multiple seasons if not the entire duration of the game to build gameplay habits and these changes necessitate a new approach. The Overwatch community can be extremely slow to adopt stuff. Even at the pro level it was months and month before Sombra found use as more than a weird gimmick. Mercy and D.Va will now be strictly worse at mitigation than they used to, but Overwatch is an FPS instead of an MMO or MOBA and the concept of tanking or supporting shouldn't be stuck in those mindsets imo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot D.Va tip: Swap the hotkeys for Matrix and Micro-Missiles, so Missiles is on your M2. Helps with aiming it properly.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I figure d.va mk2 is closer in how good she is to current hog, where she is actually usable and good players can excel if they know what they're doing, as opposed to old hog, where you were just wasting everybody's time

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

same thing for Mercy. it's insane how much you need to track and pay attention to everyone's position now to properly utilize resurrect.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, getting the new resurrect right is pretty tricky

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
In a weird roundabout way the Mercy rework makes Symmetra's teleporter the best option for "poo poo we just got wiped off the map and need to get back on the point asap." I wonder if Symmetra is going to see an increase in pickrate/usage or if it'll remain consistent.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Man I've lost 5 games in a row in comp and not like oh my team lost but like utterly destroyed.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
had a single quickplay test match with new D.Va before leaving for work

MVP 75% on fire

Weak char, buffs needed

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Man I've lost 5 games in a row in comp and not like oh my team lost but like utterly destroyed.

Okay 6 games in a row completely destroyed

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Okay 6 games in a row completely destroyed

That's about how it goes. You either do the destroying or you are destroyed. Even matches are very rare. Sorry about your losing streak. It happens and sometimes it happens harder than others. This games matchmaking is real bad. :(

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

cant jump off the map in mystery heroes to reroll when i get genji or widow, never playing mystery heroes again

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

That's about how it goes. You either do the destroying or you are destroyed. Even matches are very rare. Sorry about your losing streak. It happens and sometimes it happens harder than others. This games matchmaking is real bad. :(

I mean its usually not this bad. The played 8 games, lost 7. The last one I played was a 5man group and a solo vs a 4man group and 2 solos and the 5man on the other team was actually playing as a team and the 4man on my team were all sticking their dicks in the electrical outlet over and over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can't cancel DVA's boosters for something like the first half second of its duration at all now. You can even melee attack during that early portion of it and it'll keep going. It makes blowing the cooldown for quick extra damage or a sudden bump off a cliff a little more cumbersome