Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

limited posted:

Random named bosses do pop up in other places ( I've put down at least one servitor in the EDZ ) it's just that they're relatively rare compared to most other events. Most of them get a unique notification message too. I'd guess they're supposed to be a tier above the usual HVT's that pop up.

The one I've seen most often is in the Gulch on Earth, because he likes to interrupt the Blight event.

He's a cabal guy, the notice is something about "appears to protect his territory".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Brine posted:

I think it took me until today to realize that class ability mods only decrease cool down on barrier/rift/dodge instead of all of the abilities of the specified damage type. People looking at my gear must have thought I really loving loved titan barrier.

it's called flat bubble and it rules

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
I got picked to get guided through the Nightfall again. You get 12 tickets in your mailbox and it's fun showing up at 290+ power when the guys guiding you are in the 260-270 range. :getin:

I think it was brought up before and didn't really go anywhere: What's the consensus on keeping the KINK clans at 99/100 for Guided Games purposes?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Brine posted:

I think it took me until today to realize that class ability mods only decrease cool down on barrier/rift/dodge instead of all of the abilities of the specified damage type. People looking at my gear must have thought I really loving loved titan barrier.

Class is not Subclass so this makes perfect sense.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

KillTylerDurden posted:

I got picked to get guided through the Nightfall again. You get 12 tickets in your mailbox and it's fun showing up at 290+ power when the guys guiding you are in the 260-270 range. :getin:

I think it was brought up before and didn't really go anywhere: What's the consensus on keeping the KINK clans at 99/100 for Guided Games purposes?

So does the pubbie temporarily join the clan or something when they get matched up? What's the logic behind that limitation?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Class is not Subclass so this makes perfect sense.

He didn't say it didn't make sense, just that he didn't realize it.

I'm sitting at work right now and just want to be home to play Destiny 2 to be honest. So much new weekly stuff to do.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

So does the pubbie temporarily join the clan or something when they get matched up? What's the logic behind that limitation?

Sounds like it, yeah. You must get temporarily added to the clan as part of the process and for whatever reason the D2 backend would rather enforce the member limit over permitting the guided game to go forward. This is probably unintentional and may get fixed at some point.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone noticed same class alts' luminous engrams dropping at the normal purple power level? I'm not too bummed since I still got sunshot and the AR chest on the way up to 20 but part of the point was to be able to swap gear over and double up on high power drops :/

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
why are some people so hot on Better Devils, compared to Nameless Midnight

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Has anyone noticed same class alts' luminous engrams dropping at the normal purple power level? I'm not too bummed since I still got sunshot and the AR chest on the way up to 20 but part of the point was to be able to swap gear over and double up on high power drops :/

Yes this doesn't work anymore. Not sure why it hasn't gotten out there yet, but I still see people on the internet and even in this thread saying it works. It does not.

Your luminous engrams on a second character of the same class are capped so that you can't "leapfrog" light levels.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 19, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Brine posted:

Wait...
poo poo.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Why make 3 of the same class? It's trivial to increase power level. The second I hit 20 I was ready for the Nightfall thanks to weapons on my other character. I guess I'm not as devoted to a single class as some people.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

haveblue posted:

Sounds like it, yeah. You must get temporarily added to the clan as part of the process and for whatever reason the D2 backend would rather enforce the member limit over permitting the guided game to go forward. This is probably unintentional and may get fixed at some point.

I think it's more likely they're trying to use guided games to get solo players to join clans, so if your clan is full there's no chance for the guided guy to join.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Javes posted:

Why make 3 of the same class? It's trivial to increase power level. The second I hit 20 I was ready for the Nightfall thanks to weapons on my other character. I guess I'm not as devoted to a single class as some people.

Goons

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

boz posted:

I think it's more likely they're trying to use guided games to get solo players to join clans, so if your clan is full there's no chance for the guided guy to join.

It's this.

I just think there's a recipe for magic there.

Two goons and an unwitting pubbie enter a Nightfall...

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Javes posted:

It's not about just increasing light level, which is trivial as you say. It's about increasing it by a ton very quickly. The way it worked before it would have let you leapfrog up to 290+ and close to 300 in literally one week. It's got nothing to do with being devoted to a single class, and once your Warlock or whatever is up to 300 you can delete the same class alts and roll a new Titan or Hunter.

But again, doesn't work anymore.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Javes posted:

It was a lot harder and more annoying to hit max light in D1 so early on people would do this so they'd get three shots at the warlock VoG boots or whatever every week. It hasn't really mattered for a long time and apparently is actively a dumb idea in 2.

Legs Benedict posted:

Hand cannons are objectively cooler than scout rifles.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

jfc why are people comparing this bizarro poo poo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

jfc why are people comparing this bizarro poo poo

no idea but ive seen a lot of it and am confused why

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

Hand cannons are objectively cooler than scout rifles.

But both of them are boring rear end sweaty tryhard bullshit.

SMG's and AR's is where the fun is at.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean you're the one who just did it how the gently caress are you confused

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
SMGs and ARs only work at close range, and ARs are pointless if you aren't a titan wearing the ammo replenish chest

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

SMGs and ARs only work at close range, and ARs are pointless if you aren't a titan wearing the ammo replenish chest

I think you just proved my point for me, thanks.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
sweet business with war rig probably gets like 140 shots between reloads

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I still don't think Sidearms are very good, but it's very fun to swap to one and just mash the trigger and unload on something. Channel your inner Marvin from Pulp Fiction. (only hopefully you hit something)

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean you're the one who just did it how the gently caress are you confused

did i compare them or did i ask why other people are comparing them?

makes u think

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Last hope sidearm is top tier in pvp.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the only people who can't hit with sidearms are spastics who only know how to spam 90 percent aim assist scout rifle shots

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Vintersorg posted:

For those above 280 - are you running alts and boosting?

No just playing too much

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Javes posted:

Last hope sidearm is top tier in pvp.

http://i.imgur.com/MauScZs.gifv

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Brine posted:

I didn't realize it until I read this post

Now I have to remod like all my gear

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I need a kinetic Foggy Notion so I can do synthoceps+foggy notion+fighting lion in strikes. It's such a stupid way to play but I've been loving it.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

No just playing too much

Javes
May 6, 2012

Did any of the shots in this clip hit the target?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are you my XCOM rookie

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 19, 2017

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Are you my XCOM rookie

99%tohit.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
sidearms being lovely is NOT my fault

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
in all fairness, vestian dynasty was pretty unintuitive to use. it had travel time on it's shots, which was never communicated anywhere.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I think next time I face calus I will use the warlock punch arms. 5x stack plus the punch to heal should really clear out the enemies. I wonder what does a 5x stack do to an incinerators? might be really good build for throne room survival and clearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Vestian dynasty was maybe my second favorite weapon in D1. I'd like for it to have a comeback :(