Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ive never been one for dual audio or jp only except in super appropriate games like yakuza but you can bet your rear end I'm playing ys 8 in japanese so I can do my best to ignore how bad anything in this game in english is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

With Tokyo Xanadu, from what I understand it was more that XSEED couldn't find the time to bring it over while doing their other projects like 3rd. So it went to Aksys. For Ys VIII, NISA outbid them and also promised a simultaneous PC port with the console release, which XSEED couldn't promise. And evidently, NISA couldn't pull it off either.

I don't think Falcom is going to care too much about the complaints in localization, but they might care that the PC release is on indefinite hold, especially if Falcom have to lower their sales projections for the western markets at the end of this month which is when Falcom do their End of Year statement because NISA are incompetent fuckups who can't do anything right. So not only does NISA look bad for breaking their simultaneous PC release promise, they'll look even worse in Falcom's eyes if the port doesn't come out by the end of this month.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Its likely vampires are involved in people that should have been dead.

also I heard this speculation:

-Rean first awoke to his power in 1196, to defend Elise which is 10 years prior to Sen III
-Red moon rose, explains that Vampires are hit with a strong lust for blood every 10 years, which is hard to keep their basic instincts in check
-Sen III info talks about him losing control of his powers
-Roselia conveniently involved in the plot
-His transformation is similar to the description of Rose using her vampire powers

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
This seems potentially relevant:

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/909755713752252416

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/909756190011179008

Given the release of Sen III in Japan in just under two weeks, my assumption would be formal announcement they're localizing that beast, but who knows! We sure don't.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Not A game tease, so therefore XSEED is localizing Zero AND Ao!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CmdrKing posted:

This seems potentially relevant:

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/909755713752252416

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/909756190011179008

Given the release of Sen III in Japan in just under two weeks, my assumption would be formal announcement they're localizing that beast, but who knows! We sure don't.

OTOH, they've been kinda quiet about Zweii for a while...

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
it's not a tease, so theyre just going to straight up announce localizations for CS3, Zero and Ao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The only game I've ever seen its translation get patched later for was the first SAO on Vita, and went from literally machine translated to just a normal bad one.
A few games have had egregious typos patched/a few general errors fixed, but I can't think of many that have had the entire thing completely reworked.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The Witcher 1 had its script and translation almost entirely redone for the Enhanced Edition.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Coughing Hobo posted:

The Witcher 1 had its script and translation almost entirely redone for the Enhanced Edition.

Kinda glad I played it after the EE came out. Also never playing it again.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

havenwaters posted:

Kinda glad I played it after the EE came out. Also never playing it again.

The original script was the only good thing about Witcher 1

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

The original script was the only good thing about Witcher 1

I stand corrected.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Ricotta has by far the best Extra.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Who is the Cruxie of Ys 8

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

OddObserver posted:

OTOH, they've been kinda quiet about Zweii for a while...

It's more likely to be something related to the new Senran Kagura or on the optimistic side, Zwei! 2 than it is Kiseki I'd think.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I cant wait to hear what happened to Baron Poe and Clarisa.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Game should be arriving today! I look forward to live tweeting the garbage loc to this otherwise probably fantastic game.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I guess that's one way to do it:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Durante_PT/status/910048890803642368

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

That's hilarious

edit: Also a good Mishy.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 19, 2017

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"
I can confirm that XSEED is absolutely this adorable about stuff like this all the time.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Does anyone have the link to the classmate dengeki/whatever scans?
I've been saving the scans to hype over and I don't remember anyone posting an imgur link since those.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

idk what you're looking for but most of them are here, except the most recent dengeki for some reason: https://famigeki.tumblr.com/tagged/The-Legend-of-Heroes%3A-Trails-of-Cold-Steel-III

here's the special magazine that came out the other day, it's got a lot of gameplay info and also a little manga that seems to cover the same segment that's going to be playable on the floor at TGS in a few days. it's probably the prologue? https://my.mixtape.moe/mmibdb.zip

the newest dengeki article and anything else you can probably find just scrolling back in reddit's discord, in the "news-sen-iii" channel, here: https://www.discord.gg/0p2ysp1kY6yvHEel#btn

:siren: if you haven't played ao or cs2 this stuff will spoil you :siren:

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 20, 2017

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
CS1/Sky SC Chapter 2 spoilers oh my god Bleublanc's disguise is just not wearing his mask I remembered from my first playthrough but it's ten times more amazing/hilarious after beating SC and knowing he's the most infamous member of Ouroboros. He didn't even change his name drat.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I wonder how the french script for ys 8 is. If it's somehow amazing I'm in the rare position of being able to read it fluently.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Zaggitz posted:

I wonder how the french script for ys 8 is. If it's somehow amazing I'm in the rare position of being able to read it fluently.

I saw a reddit post that basically said the french translation is somehow worse.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tae posted:

I saw a reddit post that basically said the french translation is somehow worse.

welp. English it is.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Last Celebration posted:

CS1/Sky SC Chapter 2 spoilers oh my god Bleublanc's disguise is just not wearing his mask I remembered from my first playthrough but it's ten times more amazing/hilarious after beating SC and knowing he's the most infamous member of Ouroboros. He didn't even change his name drat.

Oh, does the Chapter order change depending on who you pick as your partner? That was Chapter 1 for me, and I picked Agate. That would be kinda cool

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the french tl, is probably based off the english tl.

i once saw a french fan translation for wild arms 2 based off the english one and all i can imagine is how absolutely loving unreadable that must be

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

klapman posted:

Oh, does the Chapter order change depending on who you pick as your partner? That was Chapter 1 for me, and I picked Agate. That would be kinda cool

The SC events happen in the same order, Celebration's talking about Cold Steel.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
... What the heck?

https://twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/910346885109620742

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mishy is here to save everyone

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Famitsu reports a 75 hour playtime if you mainline plot and dont do anything else so I hope everyone is ready for a 300 hour trails game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zaggitz posted:

Famitsu reports a 75 hour playtime if you mainline plot and dont do anything else so I hope everyone is ready for a 300 hour trails game.

finally

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Can I have 400 hours instead?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
500 hours.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Are the trails games super popular in Japan? What about other Western countries like the u.s.? Is there a different franchise to compare to?

How do these RPGs especially modern ones afford all the (good) voice acting? Am I overstimating the costs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

poe meater posted:

Are the trails games super popular in Japan? What about other Western countries like the u.s.? Is there a different franchise to compare to?

How do these RPGs especially modern ones afford all the (good) voice acting? Am I overstimating the costs?

Well for starters in japan the games do well but Falcom is still a small company with a limited budget and they hire way too expensive voice actors for the cold steel games which is why you end up with a buttload of scenes where rean isnt voiced when everyone else is. Voice acting is by comparison much cheaper and still kind of a niche industry in America so Xseed can stuff the pc versions of the CS games with way more VO than Falcom would be able to.