Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Good Lord, just got the sword that refills ammo on kill AND The Wardcliff Coil :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I'm not sure how good it is when Merciless exists but Wardcliff Coil is loving cool as hell

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Fun tiers for PvP:

Hella Fun
ARs
Sidearms
SMGs
Fusion

Okay Fun
Scouts
Handcanons
Shotguns
Edit: Snipers

No Fun
Rockets
Swords
Grenade Launchers
That laser exotic
All of the Pulse Rifles I've found so far

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
most fun: sniper rifles

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

mango sentinel posted:

All of the Pulse Rifles I've found so far

Get thee a Lincoln Green.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

KillTylerDurden posted:

I got picked to get guided through the Nightfall again. You get 12 tickets in your mailbox and it's fun showing up at 290+ power when the guys guiding you are in the 260-270 range. :getin:

Trying to do this with my 291 Light and 2.6 kda emblem, but no matches found :(

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lincoln grin and nightshade are both insanely solid

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

lincoln grin and nightshade are both insanely solid

It's energy but I also like the pulse with rampage. Last Perdition maybe?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

mango sentinel posted:

Fun tiers for PvP:

Hella Fun
ARs
Sidearms
SMGs
Fusion
Stop trying to trick me into a longer TTK so you can kill me first

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

ugh why is every single crucible match today just shoving me into some game already in progress that's like 10-50 with my team getting sodomized by midas. Literally 5 in a row.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Better Devils and Negative Space (hand cannon and sword) just let me carry 3 stupid pubbies to win in Competitive, I think those are probably "fun".

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

CrashCat posted:

Stop trying to trick me into a longer TTK so you can kill me first

Get more headshots B R U H

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's quickplay! probably! just join and have some fun!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

ugh why is every single crucible match today just shoving me into some game already in progress that's like 10-50 with my team getting sodomized by midas. Literally 5 in a row.

This was me last night, in-progress galore with laggy 3 and 4-mans. Not fun.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I love Origin Story but I truly thirst for this game's Arminius. Give me my 900 RPM fire hose.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

mango sentinel posted:

I love Origin Story but I truly thirst for this game's Arminius. Give me my 900 RPM fire hose.

Valakadyn, best of the best of the highest rpm (720)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

being bad at videogames I never did the raid last week but now the milestone I had for it is gone?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

mango sentinel posted:

No Fun
Swords

I will dispute this. Though I am a hunter with 8 mobility, so maybe my view is tainted.

I've triple jumped at a group of 3 people, come down on their heads with quickfang, and killed them all, then ran away to kill the fourth.

I've also seen a guy running at me with a sword out, pulled out quickfang at the last second and killed him in a sword-to-sword clash because i had the en guarde bonus. Makes you feel like King poo poo.

Just don't run straight at a dude with a sword and expect to not get shot in the face.

Swords are fun, yo.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 19, 2017

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I rolled a new alt so I was doing the 2 competitive matches a bit ago. I had the Pariah 20LL AR and some SMG I got from a drop. The only unlock I had was the first grenade.

I somehow managed to place first on our (losing) team and clutched 2 rounds against a team of all 20's :psyduck:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They deleted 900 rpm AR's and made them SMG's instead. SMG's have much lower aim assist than AR's so it was probably a balancing decision.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I’m confused at how people are getting confused/mad about the light system. You don’t even have to do alts. Hell I’m at 285 no meaningful alt leveling haven’t even ran the raid yet.

Literally just play the game and do the milestones and you’ll get better poo poo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Besides the mini-tool I'm not getting a lot of use out of smgs personally.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I like SMGs, and the Riskrunner has been incredibly good when fighting Fallen.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

RBA Starblade posted:

Besides the mini-tool I'm not getting a lot of use out of smgs personally.

I feel the same way. If I really want a good SMG with testicles I'll just use a Valakadyn.

I think I mentioned it here before but the best SMG I've used is the Omolon one with specific perks (phased magazine and torch sight) that makes it an AR-lite and considerably more effective at its intended job.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just bought this game. I enjoyed the original Destiny. I played Warlock. Are the classes well balanced in this one, or does one class have something really unique, like the Warlock resurrection super from the last game?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MIDA mini is a good SMG if you have MIDA equipped because of the run speed boost.

Foggy Notion is fun because melee kills reload part of the magazine.

Riskrunner is a poor man's Zhalo when it works and is really fun in those cases, but usually it sucks.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I miss the Zhalo. Bungie missed a trick not bringing it back with its AK-47 style appearance since Devrim Kay's guns all follow that visual template. It would have been cool and thematically appropriate if the EDZ questline gave us the Zhalo instead of the Mida

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Riskrunner is a poor man's Zhalo when it works and is really fun in those cases, but usually it sucks.

Depends on what you're doing, against the Fallen it's powered up almost all the time because they primarily use arc attacks.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
give me the khvostov exotic and have it be the only gun with selectable perks that matter

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Y'all are missing the most important development so far, they added the chicken dance from Arrested Development to the bright dust store :colbert:

:edit: Beaten like an idiot, what are the odds?!
I saw this and now have something to save up for.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Jesus, Devour can make you stupidly tanky, this rules.

I'm guessing Titan would have this but what class would let me use a sword the most? I like swords and melee.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

RCarr posted:

I just bought this game. I enjoyed the original Destiny. I played Warlock. Are the classes well balanced in this one, or does one class have something really unique, like the Warlock resurrection super from the last game?

No not really. Titan can get their choice of two supers with a certain subclass (bubble or captain america) but that's the only unique thing I can think of with regard to supers at least. Warlocks get neat tricks tho, their new solar class can fly and shoot sword blades, they have a healing fountain or a dmg fountain that they can lay down, and are the only class with blink now.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
There is apparently a cheese with the nightfall where you can shoot the boss off the walls after he disappears. This kills him shortly after.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Thumbtacks posted:

Jesus, Devour can make you stupidly tanky, this rules.

I'm guessing Titan would have this but what class would let me use a sword the most? I like swords and melee.

Warlocks have the best melee and Devour lets you actually survive close enough to use it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

^burtle posted:

With infusion there is no point to sharding exotics.

I've had 3 Vigalante Wings.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Brine posted:

There is apparently a cheese with the nightfall where you can shoot the boss off the walls after he disappears. This kills him shortly after.

Good, that fight badly needs to be rebalanced anyway.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Soulex posted:

I've had 3 Vigalante Wings.

I have 0 trade me one

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That floaty loving dawnbreaker gimmick is fun ban man do you need to practice. You can float around blasting people left and right and they typically don't know what the hell.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So all my friends have had this game since it came out. Is there any way for me to catch up quickly? Just play the game normally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RCarr posted:

So all my friends have had this game since it came out. Is there any way for me to catch up quickly? Just play the game normally?

Yeah, the curve flattens out enough that you can get to the point where all of you are allowed in the same activities very quickly.