Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

KingKapalone posted:

How often do people switch out kickers? Should I always try to switch into the highest ranked one available according to Fantasy Pros? I have Dan Bailey and could go for Mason Crosby.

Generally every week, except for the weeks I don't. gently caress kickers.

e for actual advice: I look at Vegas o/u lines and try to grab a kicker from the highest scoring games. Further narrowing it down is mostly a gut feeling based off of an imagined game script, weather/dome, or whatever I ate that day.

My league is FAAB so I'll queue up 2-3 $0 bids in order of preference and if any go through then I'm cool with it.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Greg Olsen to IR.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/910208982651953152

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Are people holding onto Olsen without an IR spot?

12 team standard league and the WW is pretty barren for TEs, so I'm considering holding him but could use another bench spot.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
^ drop him and set an alarm to pick him up 2 weeks ahead of his return

In .5 ppr, who is droppable for Buck Allen? I'm 1-1, 6th waiver position, max 7 RBs per team.

RBs (rank):

Freeman (7)
Tarik Cohen (10)
James White (16)
Ingram (22)
JStew (22)
Crowell (37)
Fat Rob (46)

How I see them RoS:
T1: Freeman
T2: Cohen/Crow/Rob/White
T3: Ingram/Jstew

I can make cases (or just hopeful excuses) for keeping everyone below Freeman but I know Buck will be more productive than any number of them. I need external opinions on this - I have a crippling inability to look at my RBs objectively.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

tonic posted:

12 team standard league and the WW is pretty barren for TEs, so I'm considering holding him but could use another bench spot.

I wouldn't hold him without an IR spot. Jones fractures are no joke; there is no guarantee that he even plays again this year, let alone plays well..

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

tonic posted:

I have an IR spot, but David Johnson is in it, so same situation, and I'm not holding him.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Team A gets

K. Hunt
J. Reed

Team B gets

Gronk
D. Martin or Buck Allen

Who wins?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Who would you guys rather have in 1 PPR? DeVante Parker or Jarvis Landry? I've got a guy who might be willing to part with Landry for Riddick and Parker.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

ZIGfried posted:

Team A gets

K. Hunt
J. Reed

Team B gets

Gronk
D. Martin or Buck Allen

Who wins?

Team A by a mile.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

coronaball posted:

Team A by a mile.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

coronaball posted:

Team A by a mile.

yeah seriously.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Would you trade away Wilson and receive Cousins in a 4 pt passing TD league? I have Doug Baldwin and Carson as well, and I'm feeling too invested in Seattle's offense.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

Would you trade away and Wilson and receive Cousins in a 4 pt passing TD league? I have Doug Baldwin and Carson as well, and I'm feeling too invested in Seattle's offense.

Nope

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay I pulled the trigger. Gave away Riddick and Parker and got Landry. 1 PPR 14 team league.

Leaves my optimum lineup as:

QB - Mariota
RB - Ty Monty
RB - Hunt
WR - Alshon
WR - Tyreek
TE - Gronk
Flex - Landry
D/ST - who cares
K - who cares

Bench - DJ, Buck Allen, Rivers, Crowder, Moncrief, Blount.

And I'll be trying to get Carson and Perine on waivers (dropping Blount).

Did I gently caress up?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Okay I pulled the trigger. Gave away Riddick and Parker and got Landry. 1 PPR 14 team league.

QB - Mariota
RB - Ty Monty
RB - Hunt
WR - Alshon
WR - Tyreek
TE - Gronk
Flex - Landry
D/ST - who cares
K - who cares

Did I gently caress up?

Your bench is bad but you've got some good starters.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I'd say having Buck Allen and Crowder on your bench in a 14 teamer is pretty drat good.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

QB - Mariota
RB - Ty Monty
RB - Hunt
WR - Alshon
WR - Tyreek
TE - Gronk
Flex - Landry
D/ST - who cares
K - who cares

Did I gently caress up?

1 PPR you should be fine. Especially if Landry keeps getting targetted like he did last year. I probably would of tried Parker straight up, buy if Carson and Perine are both available the roster spot should be good.

Ninja: Also how are those guys available in your league? In my 14 team they have been on rosters for at least a week+ now.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Thoughts on holding on to Baltimore D? I haven't actually watched any ravens games so I can't tell if they're legit or not. They've also played two bad teams.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Thoughts on holding on to Baltimore D? I haven't actually watched any ravens games so I can't tell if they're legit or not. They've also played two bad teams.

Hold until they break. They've looked real good.

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd say having Buck Allen and Crowder on your bench in a 14 teamer is pretty drat good.

Riddick is the perfect plug in bench flex play though. His floor in PPR is like 8 points. I'm probably higher on Riddick than most though.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

OxySnake posted:

1 PPR you should be fine. Especially if Landry keeps getting targetted like he did last year. I probably would of tried Parker straight up, buy if Carson and Perine are both available the roster spot should be good.

Ninja: Also how are those guys available in your league? In my 14 team they have been on rosters for at least a week+ now.

I have no idea how they're still available. I think like 4 people don't pay any attention and another 4 are just bad at fantasy football.

Only Carson is available in my other 14 team league.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I got an offer of TY Hilton and Duke Johnson for Demaryius in a PPR league. My heart wants to accept because I love TY and I'm desperate for RBs, but this is a no right? Just way to much uncertainty/shittiness in Indy?

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Blake Bortles. Start the Ravens.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

Riddick is the perfect plug in bench flex play though. His floor in PPR is like 8 points. I'm probably higher on Riddick than most though.

I mean yeah, I'd rather have Riddick on that bench too. But it's not like it's completely barren.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I need a reliable Graham replacement and could use a wide receiver in .5 PPR, I've offered Buck Allen and Austin Hooper for Jarvis Landry and Jason Witten.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

I got an offer of TY Hilton and Duke Johnson for Demaryius in a PPR league. My heart wants to accept because I love TY and I'm desperate for RBs, but this is a no right? Just way to much uncertainty/shittiness in Indy?

Blake Bortles. Start the Ravens.

How deep is your bench? If you can keep Hilton until Luck returns without eating like WR 40 lottery plays I would do that.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

OxySnake posted:

How deep is your bench? If you can keep Hilton until Luck returns without eating like WR 40 lottery plays I would do that.

The thing is...as a Colts fan, I don't think Luck is coming back this year. They're probably not putting him on IR so they can still sell tickets, but I'd be shocked if they brought him back this year.

So I wouldn't be trying to buy any shares of Indianapolis aside from Jack Doyle...and even then I wouldn't trade for him, just pick him up off FA.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

coronaball posted:

Would you trade away Wilson and receive Cousins in a 4 pt passing TD league? I have Doug Baldwin and Carson as well, and I'm feeling too invested in Seattle's offense.

Even if you're giving up on Wilson, there must be something better on your wire than Cousins.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Full roster:

QB: Carr
RB: Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Darren Sproles, Jamaal Charles
WR: AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Pierre Garcon, Tyrell Williams
TE: Gronk

So I'm stacked at WR and could certainly hold TY while starting Green/Allen/Landry every week. I'm just thinking I should try to find a better deal for Demaryius, because I'm not convinced Luck is going to be back any time soon.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Yeah I agree with that go find yourself a RB with all them WR

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Probably not, but I wouldn't trade Amari loving Cooper for Cohen and Maclin.

It's not like Cooper is on Brown, Evans, OBJ or Julio's level. Last year I had him in two leagues and it was maddening watching the Raiders throw it to 11 different people throughout the game and their penchant for throwing TDs to people not named Amari Cooper.

Never again for me with Amari.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Santheb posted:

It's not like Cooper is on Brown, Evans, OBJ or Julio's level. Last year I had him in two leagues and it was maddening watching the Raiders throw it to 11 different people throughout the game and their penchant for throwing TDs to people not named Amari Cooper.

Never again for me with Amari.

I was arguing about Amari with my buddy on Saturday night. Told him Amari is over-hyped every year and that Crabtree is always better for a cheaper ADP. He didn't believe me. Lo and behold come Sunday...

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Butter Hole posted:

I was arguing about Amari with my buddy on Saturday night. Told him Amari is over-hyped every year and that Crabtree is always better for a cheaper ADP. He didn't believe me. Lo and behold come Sunday...

I bit on Amari in round 2 in every league. Can confirm.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

So everyone here is down in Powell right?

I just got an offer of my S. Watkins for his B. Powell.

Im not sold on it but I'm thinking of countering with Chris Hogan.

RB: Gurley, Ingram, Chris Carson, Burkhead, Woodhead
WR: Crabtree, K. Allen, Diggs, Watkins, Hogan

Is this even a player I should be touching?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Powell isn't a guy you should be trading for.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Brownhat posted:

Powell isn't a guy you should be trading for.

At this point, I agree. Forte needs to get hurt for Powell to have relevance.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Aren't the Jets losing intentionally this year?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
My opponent this week has Olsen and gronk so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Just traded away Maclin for Wentz. Even with small benches, everyone is holding on to multiple QBs leaving practically nothing on the waiver. I'm also scared Cousins is gonna be trash this year, I need a QB for week 5, and I'm all in on Philly.

12 team .5ppr leaves me with:

QB: Wentz, Cousins
RB: Howard, Anderson, Gore, Quizz, Henry
WR: Jeffery, Fitz, Watkins, Snead
TE: Gronk, Ertz
DST: Broncos
K: Whatever

I'm pretty thin at WR, but I'm committed to running double TE as long as I can, and trading one of them if I get a good enough offer.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

In .5 ppr, who is most droppable for Buck Allen?

RBs:

James White
JStew
Crowell
Fat Rob
Ingram

I have a crippling inability to look at my RBs objectively.

Asking for a friend

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Asking for a friend

Probably White

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
https://twitter.com/PFF_Louie/status/909999843162165248

It's been nice to save some FAAB this year by grabbing Tarik Cohen and Chris Carson at the end of nearly all of my drafts.

• Locked thread