Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Or play an easier class that doesn't require you to push buttons on a regular basis if it's too hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I ran merciless lab three times yesterday for helmet enchants. I'm probably not going to get that 40% blade flurry, huh? Over 300 possible enchants seems bad for everyone.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is running merci enchants at all worth it over just pushing up to uber

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Is running merci enchants at all worth it over just pushing up to uber

I can't seem to find the last two trials. They must be seeded in specific map tiers or something? Red maps have been a mixed bag for me. I'm pretty much screwed if I get bad block/unlucky dodge or temporal chains and I seem to get one or the other on rare red maps.

I'm not very good at this game! :sweatdrop:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

I can't seem to find the last two trials. They must be seeded in specific map tiers or something? Red maps have been a mixed bag for me. I'm pretty much screwed if I get bad block/unlucky dodge or temporal chains and I seem to get one or the other on rare red maps.

all trials show up at all tiers, you're just unlucky. buy and use "the dream trial" prophecies to get more of them to spawn until you've got them all

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys
What enchants should I do to improve my sword? I just found this thing to replace my old Cameria's Maul I've been using for 20 levels and it's such a huge upgrade in speed and accuracy. I know for certain it can take an added physical damage enchant from Vagan, could I add a percent increase as well or is something else more worthwhile?

Fernando

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

NofrikinfuN posted:

Unless you're SSF, hang out in global 820. Trials are pretty random, not tied to map tiers or tilesets or whathaveyou.

e: wtf phone?

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 19, 2017

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

alternately just hang out in global 820 and get them in like 30 mins as long as you can stand dealing with pubbies

nerox
May 20, 2001
Please note that you will want to pull your eyeballs from their sockets after 30 minutes in global 820 if you are trying to read it for one thing.

If you use mercurytrade, I think it can actually watch a chat channel for specific keywords.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

DONT DO IT posted:

What enchants should I do to improve my sword? I just found this thing to replace my old Cameria's Maul I've been using for 20 levels and it's such a huge upgrade in speed and accuracy. I know for certain it can take an added physical damage enchant from Vagan, could I add a percent increase as well or is something else more worthwhile?

Fernando

flat physical damage is pretty much your only real option

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i'd rather spend a few chaos than deal with any global chat channel

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Unless you're SSF, hang out in global 820. Trisha are pretty random, not tired to map tiers or tilesets or whathaveyou.

I did go SSF. I suppose I'm not married to it, but I feel sort of invested this far in.

The weird thing is, I have like seven of the offerings because I've had multiple repeats on some of the trials. I've also been running prophecies like crazy and have half the pale council map, that was actually the reason I ran 2 of the 3 labyrinths. (The third was just me being annoyed that my helmet got two bad enchants.)

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys

TheRat posted:

flat physical damage is pretty much your only real option

That's what I figured. Oh well.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
And I thought loot filters were meant to cut down on spam lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Make your filter more strict then IMO.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Zephro posted:

You know you're obligated to run that map, right?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Zephro posted:

i would only pick up 3 items out of this whole thing. get a stricter filter.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

NofrikinfuN posted:

I did go SSF. I suppose I'm not married to it, but I feel sort of invested this far in.

The weird thing is, I have like seven of the offerings because I've had multiple repeats on some of the trials. I've also been running prophecies like crazy and have half the pale council map, that was actually the reason I ran 2 of the 3 labyrinths. (The third was just me being annoyed that my helmet got two bad enchants.)

7 offerings out of 6 possible isn't bad. I had 25 offerings before I unlocked uber at level 81 or so on my first character. He was built for running lab and did about half of them before getting enough valuable enchants to get another character going so I can map while I wait for good uber days (watch poelab.com). My EK character at 75 runs maps about 5-6 times faster than my Eartherquake lab runner. Though I couldn't get by merc lab until very recently when I upgraded half my gems to 20 quality which massively increased my DPS and let me kill the boss fast enough to not implode with my lack of any armour.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Zephro posted:

With all that small text, did you press z which makes alt toggle the filter instead of show loot? z basically toggles your loot filter.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think normal neversink just shows all rares doesnt it?

Vietnom nom nom
Oct 24, 2000
Forum Veteran
If there's still room in the guild could I get an invite for "BlitheringIdiot" thanks.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, if you're gonna run Neversink, use semi-strict or strict.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

https://pastebin.com/R7awZ0xS

This is as far as I can reasonably theoretically push my build, it comes out to like just under 6k health and just over 450k DPS, even with a ridiculous budget. That seems kinda low for pushing high end content, right? I think maybe respeccing out of the bleed damage nodes is the way to go, but I'd like confirmation before I totally tear apart the build to try something else

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

pixaal posted:

With all that small text, did you press z which makes alt toggle the filter instead of show loot? z basically toggles your loot filter.
No that's just normal Neversink. And yeah, I should probably run a stricter version

I'll happily run Hall of Grandmasters right after I ding so I don't lose 60% of my xp bar

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

When will GGG offer me a tab where I can stack all the dumb offerings and sacrifice shards? I never got a Midnight and I'm considering tossing 90% of them. It feels like the Vaal Orb recipe should be 7 sacrifices to one Vaal gem instead of the other way around. At least when I get too many maps I can transmute them into new maps.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

When will GGG offer me a tab where I can stack all the dumb offerings and sacrifice shards? I never got a Midnight and I'm considering tossing 90% of them. It feels like the Vaal Orb recipe should be 7 sacrifices to one Vaal gem instead of the other way around. At least when I get too many maps I can transmute them into new maps.

You can run non-midnight sacrifices in your map device to maybe get a midnight.

I just have a normal tab for "things that go in a map device but aren't maps"

e: or "went in a map device", offerings are there.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Vaal gems drop much more frequently than fragments though. Plus you can toss a fragment with a map in order to bump its IIQ or just the fragment on its own to get a random corrupted area.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Vaal gems drop much more frequently than fragments though. Plus you can toss a fragment with a map in order to bump its IIQ or just the fragment on its own to get a random corrupted area.

Oh, hell, I missed this fact. Thanks. Gonna try this tonight.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Vietnom nom nom posted:

If there's still room in the guild could I get an invite for "BlitheringIdiot" thanks.

Sent

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

e:f;b

whypick1 posted:

just the fragment on its own to get a random corrupted area.

:eyepop: holy poo poo amazing

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 19, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

This sort of knowledge is why ssf and hc mode aren't really targeted at the average player.

Good luck everyone crazy enough to do that stuff blind.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

How often should I do Perandus mods on maps?

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Anyone have experience with the retched belt? One of the only uniques I haven't tried so I was thinking of putting a build together. The slayer part is obvious, but I'm having trouble understanding VP/acuities versus stacking increased max leech rate. The latter sounds better to me because the damage stays until the leech is done, but I see a lot of builds using acuities.

im also trying to choose between skills and weapons to use with it. I'm not the biggest fan of melee, so a phys bow was my next thought. I get that when it comes to stacking leech, converting to lightning and using vinktar is the way to go, but that also sounds terribly inconsistent on anything besides a pathfinder. You think it's possible to stack enough leech as physical? Maybe use lioneye jewel wherever necessary and use blood rage and all that.

Also, at some point, I'll have to choose between pure slayer or scion slayer + elementalist? Raider? Assasssin? Deadeye? All sound pretty good to me.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I thought I read somewhere that the slayer always-on leech doesn't work with the belt, but I might be misremembering.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

TheRat posted:

I thought I read somewhere that the slayer always-on leech doesn't work with the belt, but I might be misremembering.

I think you're right but it was tweaked like five patches in a row. You still could be right, I honestly don't know. I was just browsing for new builds and I know a lot of people were talking about the new scion-slayer node and the belt.

Also answered one of my own questions, according to wiki, insta-leech gets both the damage from the instant leech and from leech over time. Seems strange.

Edit: scratch the second part above, I'm misread the sentence on this tiny screen. "Using instantaneous leech modifiers, damage to be dealt instantly as well rather than over time."

That actually makes sense why acuities/vp is popular. I just assumed that it would be a flat damage added for however long you stay leeching, rather than an amount that's distributed over the length of your leech.

10bux fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 19, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Speaking of The Retch, I bring you exhibit A of why the AoE nerf happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIU_Nblk6Fc

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

TheRat posted:

Speaking of The Retch, I bring you exhibit A of why the AoE nerf happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIU_Nblk6Fc

gently caress looks like someone may be having fun!

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah I actually watched that this morning lol. To be fair though, the guy's a bit of a nut. He only plays standard, and believes that leap slam and static charge are the most underrated skills in the game, while earthquake on the other hand is just boring... he does like sweep as well, which is tradition amongst the STD faithful.

His actual poe build guide is pretty good though. He literally has a video of a guardian run for every melee skill in the game, and added a temp-league section, but then goes on to just suggest using a Mino Meatgrinder with vinktar.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I think I'm gonna try out that Frostbreath flat cold build. Anyone have any suggestions for other weird/hipster builds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Well I'm back to theorycrafting an invincible juggernaut. A Terminus Est, an amulet/ring required for the build, Kaom's heart, and a base chance to crit of 60%, the DPS of something like cyclone caps out around ~170k after optimizing the tree (aka drop 2H swords entirely).

I wanted to tinker with gear and see just exactly how much DPS could be squeezed out of the build since gearing is a huge blindspot. What modifiers am I typically looking at when trying to maximize physical DPS? And how much extra DPS can you actually squeeze out of gloves, helmets, boots, belts, and a ring slot? Is it significant, or are they just small boosts to complement a good tree and amazing weapon?