Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

~guess the sub~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

~guess the sub~

whinging about your genetics and hating you mum for having you when just by being born you've already won a lottery with odds so unfathomable its hurts your brain to think about it.

this dude needs to be strapped to a chair ludovico style and forced to watch this video for a year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

zoux posted:

~guess the sub~

Is there a sub for manlet incels?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

mng posted:

Is there a sub for manlet incels?

the_donald

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unironically Cucked would be a good forum handle

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

He's sad because he wanted it to say "Fussy Eater".

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

teddy roosevelt once had that happen on the way to a speech; his cribnotes slowed the bullet down but didn't stop it

he gave the speech anyway while bleeding everywhere and assuring everybody that "it takes more than that to kill a bull moose"

We need presidents like Roosevelt again, badasses that were war heros that like to hunt and box. And while we can't exactly have another president create the national parks, we need presidents that give a poo poo about the wilderness of the USA.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

om nom nom posted:

We need presidents like Roosevelt again, badasses that were war heros that like to hunt and box. And while we can't exactly have another president create the national parks, we need presidents that give a poo poo about the wilderness of the USA.

Roosevelt believed in eugenics.

(Granted, everyone did, left and right alike, until the Second World War, because it was just "good science" then, so that's probably a trifle too flippant of me. Whatever.)

Wheat Loaf has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Sep 19, 2017

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Roosevelt was probably a shithead in some way or another but I mean, compared to what we're working with now he's a paragon of virtue and dignity.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Roosevelt was probably a shithead in some way or another but I mean, compared to what we're working with now he's a paragon of virtue and dignity.

Are you saying he was a real stand up guy?

edit:
Oops, wrong Roosevelt. Eh, I'll let the joke stand as a pillar of my failure.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

He was basically a six year old boy in the body of a grown man who sincerely thought war was totally awesome and the best thing ever.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Roosevelt was also a huge protectionist.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/Q6wtLks.mp4

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Comrade Koba posted:

He was basically a six year old boy in the body of a grown man who sincerely thought war was totally awesome and the best thing ever.

He rules because he was a sickly, pathetic child that would have been locked in his house forever.
Except he had the willpower of Batman and said, "gently caress you" to the world.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
"Meet Teddy, the president who loves our natural wilderness!" *5 seconds later* "We regret to inform you that Teddy is a warmonger."

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

He rules because he was a sickly, pathetic child that would have been locked in his house forever.
Except he had the willpower of Batman and said, "gently caress you" to the world.

A lot of people manage to overcome debilitating disease without turning into petulant children who lust for war.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also believe everybody from the past should be judged on modern morality.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Randaconda posted:

This, but unironically.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
lovely people can be badass too. He was an rear end in a top hat, but he was entertaining.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Screaming Idiot posted:

lovely people can be badass too. He was an rear end in a top hat, but he was entertaining.

I'm fairly sure that Adrian Carton de Wiart was probably a bad kind of guy (he was a British Lieutenant-General born to a family of Belgian aristocrats in 1880) but he seems like he was a pretty badass guy during the numerous wars he fought in:

quote:

Lieutenant General Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO (5 May 1880 – 5 June 1963) was a British Army officer born of Belgian and Irish parents, and recipient of the Victoria Cross, the highest military decoration awarded for valour "in the face of the enemy" in various Commonwealth countries. He served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War; was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear; survived two plane crashes; tunnelled out of a prisoner-of-war camp; and tore off his own fingers when a doctor refused to amputate them. Describing his experiences in the First World War, he wrote, "Frankly I had enjoyed the war."

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I think three of those people are giraffes

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

If I remember correctly he was until his son died in WWI.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

He's sad because he wanted it to say "Fussy Eater".

:laffo:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm fairly sure that Adrian Carton de Wiart was probably a bad kind of guy (he was a British Lieutenant-General born to a family of Belgian aristocrats in 1880) but he seems like he was a pretty badass guy during the numerous wars he fought in:

Adrian was the real deal, the person all those kids posing "gangsta" style wish they were.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30685433

Is a good bio and run down. Probably not a great person to have as your superior officer but the kind of nasty arsehole you want on your side when the lead starts flying.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The other one was "Mad" Jack Churchill:

quote:

Lieutenant-Colonel John Malcolm Thorpe Fleming "Jack" Churchill, DSO & Bar, MC & Bar (16 September 1906 – 8 March 1996), was a British Army officer who fought throughout the Second World War armed with a longbow, bagpipes, and a basket-hilted Scottish broadsword.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

The other one was "Mad" Jack Churchill:

I would like to note, that man has the last recorded war kill with a longbow. He signalled an attack by killing a German sergeant.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mr Cool Ice is an internet legend.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

mormons

haha sooo funny, trashing someone's religion

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Religion is p aug

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Atheists are AUG

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

zoux posted:

~guess the sub~

normalfag platitudes.

There used to be a 5'2 GBS goon that had about the same level of sense of humor/confidence about his height I wonder if it's him lol.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I think we can mock hideously ungraceful dancers without bringing religion into it.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Randaconda posted:

The early 20th century isn't exactly the Dark Ages.

Besides, his contemporaries judged him plenty, for all the same reasons.

Screaming Idiot posted:

He was an rear end in a top hat, but he was entertaining.

This is probably how Trump will be remembered as well in a few decades.

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

You doxxing me bro?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

~guess the sub~

His dad is 5'2" and got laid though?

At least twice.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
This whole time I was thinking of FDR, not Teddy and I couldn't imagine FDR being a jovial fool

Don't look too deep into any great historical figures, people just suck as a whole. Churchill was instrumental in getting a quarter million allied troups killed for no real reason, and had to be sent to the front lines as punishment for his gross incompetence. Einstein spent his last years vehemently trying to destroy modern physics. Ghandi was a molester. Etcetera, etcetera

At least Teddy was an ardent conservationist :v:

pantsofdoom posted:

look, i've got enough clothes for FIVE women; and not a single piece has a pocket big enough to hold that book.

It sounds like you need more trench coats and MilSurp jackets in your life. Nothing is more flattering

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Twat McTwatterson posted:

mormons

haha sooo funny, trashing someone's religion

wow someone's got their magic underpants in a twist

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The Door Frame posted:

. Einstein spent his last years vehemently trying to destroy modern physics.

Could you elaborate on this?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

zoux posted:

~guess the sub~

Honestly thought this was going to be one of the copypastas ending with the punchline that it was about a TV or movie family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

om nom nom posted:

You should probably Google 'toxic masculinity'

Also Teddy loved the wilderness but boy he loving hated anyone who was born in it:

Teddy Roosevelt posted:

“I don’t go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of 10 are, and I shouldn’t like to inquire too closely into the case of the 10th.”

• Locked thread