Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
That is a gilded flag. That is the flag of a naval court. I cannot be court martialled twice!

Baliff, gag him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Charles Bukowski posted:

That is a gilded flag. That is the flag of a naval court. I cannot be court martialled twice!

Baliff, gag him.

*swallows cigarette*

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Charles Bukowski posted:

Baliff, gag him.

Jumpin' crack bass is one of the most absurd episodes of the entire show. It's a shame there aren't more episodes like it.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wicker Man posted:

THERE'S A HOLE IN MY POCKET WHERE MY MONEY SHOULD GO, THERE'S A HOLE!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Joe Sixpack! He's a drunk driver who crashed his pickup truck and was sent to Hell. And then he borrowed Satan's pickup truck without asking and trashed it, and he got kicked out of Hell, and now he roams the earth riding buses and doing evil, like he doesn't call you on your birthday or he throws beer bottles at your head! 

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
In the episode where Bill injures his toes and has to take off his sock revealing his toe fungus. I never really paid attention to what fell on his foot and injured it. But watching it again I noticed Bill was loosening the vise on Hank's workbench the whole time while they were talking in that scene and eventually loosened it enough that it fell off and landed on his toe.

sometimes I see new visual jokes because a lot of times I just throw the episodes on as background noise and I'm not really paying attention

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I like in the episode where Bill cuts Hanks hair, when he's describing Hank's head he says there's a scar over Hank's left ear that probably has a story. Earlier in the episode Hank is talking about how cotton used to cut Hank's hair and during the flashback Hank says he thinks Cotton might have cut his ear off.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdyGfiIirD8

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Gaunab posted:

I like in the episode where Bill cuts Hanks hair, when he's describing Hank's head he says there's a scar over Hank's left ear that probably has a story. Earlier in the episode Hank is talking about how cotton used to cut Hank's hair and during the flashback Hank says he thinks Cotton might have cut his ear off.

Best part of that episode is Bill trying to drink the blue stuff in the jar after being told he can't be an Army barber anymore.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
*hank rips off the blanket on the pull out in his den revealing Luanne and Buckley *

"im in crisis mode right now I gotta go find Bobby -- you two take turns kicking each others asses!"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
"you just be careful, the computers have already beaten the communists at chess"

*takes drag from cig*

"next thing you know theyll be beating humans"

Nooner fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 24, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nooner posted:

"you just be careful, the computers have already beaten the communists at chess"

*takes drag from cig*

"next thing you know theyll be beating humans"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Peggy doesn't look like she has size 16 feet. If she did, she'd look like a clown.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
she often looks like a clown

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

That's just the way God made her.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
She wears those big glasses to distract people from her feet

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Kinda hosed up that Hank's mom cheated on Gary and dumped him. Gary was cool.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Well Hank did have the good sense to tell his mother she is a straight up idiot.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

:stare:

That's James Huberty the guy responsible for the McDonalds Massacre

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

girth brooks part 2 posted:

:stare:

That's James Huberty the guy responsible for the McDonalds Massacre

Who knew pocket sand could be so deadly?

Edit: Holy poo poo the wiki page on this massacre is horrific.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysidro_McDonald%27s_massacre

JB50 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 7, 2017

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Hank's mom is just as awful as his dad, just in a different way.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hank is a good loving guy

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
If we're talking future King of the Hill here, technically they'd only have to age them about ten years. Bobby would still be living at home and would likely be trying to become a famous youtuber with Joseph.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I thought they'd do that with Beavis and Butthead, but they didn't. They'll keep everyone the same age. Maybe ignore some parts of the later seasons if they got new story ideas. They weren't afraid of totally retconning Peggy's mom.

Speaking of which, her moving to Arlen from Montana doesn't really make any sense if everyone else (minus the Luanne's dad) stayed in Montana.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, Peggy's backstory doesn't make any kind of sense.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Well, I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Well, I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.

Hank was absolutely in love with that man :allears:

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, Peggy's backstory doesn't make any kind of sense.

Neither does an apple brown betty with margarine in it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
fortunately, we use butter in this house

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

Speaking of which, her moving to Arlen from Montana doesn't really make any sense if everyone else (minus the Luanne's dad) stayed in Montana.

I think the biggest piece of nonsense here is Lucky's truck.

It's obviously an 82-86 F-series truck, but I have several problems with it's depicted modifications.
First of all, the rear side windows in the extended cab units for these years had a decorative panel covering parts of them which despite hindering visibility helped keep rainwater from getting through the seal and rusting the sheet metal.
Second, the front differential is on the wrong side. The transfer cases that Ford used for these years would have the front output on the driver's side, not the passengers. While it is certain that this truck benefited from a front axle swap, it could not have been completed in this fashion without a transfer case swap, which would have necessitated at the very least a transmission to transfer case adapter, rerouting of the exhaust system, and the various hangers and supports needed to accommodate all of that.
Thirdly, the cab and bed combination depicted was not readily available on the F-350 models. While lucky would have had to forgo the 'extended' part of the extended cab (or move up to a crew cab), he would have had the proper solid front axle all ready to go and could have focused his efforts on the lift and the engine. The 4wd F-150 and F-250 models all used Ford's Twin Traction beam front axles, which was an early attempt at having independent front suspension on their trucks. The system had pros and cons, but are easily converted to a more traditional solid front axle from a donor F-350, which again, would have the differential on the other side.

drat you, Mike Judge! I spit on your truck of lies!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Atmus posted:

It's obviously an 82-86 F-series truck, but I have several problems with it's depicted modifications.
First of all, the rear side windows in the extended cab units for these years had a decorative panel covering parts of them which despite hindering visibility helped keep rainwater from getting through the seal and rusting the sheet metal.
Second, the front differential is on the wrong side. The transfer cases that Ford used for these years would have the front output on the driver's side, not the passengers. While it is certain that this truck benefited from a front axle swap, it could not have been completed in this fashion without a transfer case swap, which would have necessitated at the very least a transmission to transfer case adapter, rerouting of the exhaust system, and the various hangers and supports needed to accommodate all of that.
Thirdly, the cab and bed combination depicted was not readily available on the F-350 models. While lucky would have had to forgo the 'extended' part of the extended cab (or move up to a crew cab), he would have had the proper solid front axle all ready to go and could have focused his efforts on the lift and the engine. The 4wd F-150 and F-250 models all used Ford's Twin Traction beam front axles, which was an early attempt at having independent front suspension on their trucks. The system had pros and cons, but are easily converted to a more traditional solid front axle from a donor F-350, which again, would have the differential on the other side.

Read this in Dale's voice, worked quite well except you didn't manage to tie this to the Kennedy assassination, 7/10

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Forgot how much the Rashomon Firehouse episode rules.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

Forgot how much the Rashomon Firehouse episode rules.

Boomhauer's lucid line about how he can't get through this article about classic Camaros cracks me up.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Atmus posted:

KotH was made to laugh at you.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Atmus posted:

this is what happens when you tell posters to draw the floor plan of the house

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
That truck post is the greatest post in this entire thread

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Atmus posted:

Let the record show that Mr. Atmus really knows his mid-80s F-series models.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Sheriff posted:

Let the record show that Mr. Atmus really knows his mid-80s F-series models.

lol like the joke from the show (:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
gat dang it noonhauer