Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

a neat cape posted:

Law of averages should make this not a thing.

It's like a horror movie on repeat every Sunday

I suspect there's probably a real post traumatic stress disorder that's caused by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I'm sorry your QBs aren't as cool as mine-

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/19/d...flow_twitter_si

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The ending to Saints/Chargers last year is still some of the dumbest bullshit i've ever put up with from that team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

The ending to Saints/Chargers last year is still some of the dumbest bullshit i've ever put up with from that team.

Mime is still that 2nd half comeback from the Peyton Manning Broncos on MNF a few years back

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Mime is still that 2nd half comeback from the Peyton Manning Broncos on MNF a few years back

There are just so many to choose from. Worst day ever is like 7 years old now I think but it was so bad you'd think you could never see anything worse, and the Chargers probably have something worse happen every season.

Not as far as a single play to lose the game goes really but just stunning incompetence with huge leads. Great comebacks that inevitably fall just short for no good reason. About the only way to lose I don't think the Chargers have gotten around to yet is a kick 6?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

There are just so many to choose from. Worst day ever is like 7 years old now I think but it was so bad you'd think you could never see anything worse, and the Chargers probably have something worse happen every season.

Not as far as a single play to lose the game goes really but just stunning incompetence with huge leads. Great comebacks that inevitably fall just short for no good reason. About the only way to lose I don't think the Chargers have gotten around to yet is a kick 6?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200510230phi.htm

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Haha, I should have known.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, I should have known.

It was Tomlinson's worst game as a pro, and even more infuriating when Clinton Portis went off for like 200 yards the next week against the Eagles

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

That game sucked out loving loud. I remember that o-line just completely collapsing the second Denver's defense realized the Chargers weren't really a threat to run the ball.\

I guess the Saints one is worse for me because they had that game completely in hand before they gave the Saints two quick TDs, so it was more sudden. whereas the Broncos one was just a half-long demolition once they got their poo poo together.

I also want to point out that i'd totally rather have Jay Ajayi than Gordon right now. I was high on him because Lynn's done good work with the run game of other teams, but holy poo poo he's just terrible right now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

So you're saying I was right.

I'll take it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Losing the longsnapper against the Chargers was some mighty bullshit

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Nope, not gonna let you get me down

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing but good Doc B vibes.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
^ Try as you might you'll never wash 13-0 off ya, my good sir.

a neat cape posted:

So you're saying I was right.

I'll take it.

Ha, yeah i'll admit it. He's playing worse than he did when he was a rookie and the Chargers do have a more talented line now than two years ago. So i've no interest in making excuses for him. They need a back in rounds 2-4 in the worst way in the upcoming draft.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Same, but the other way around in 2010

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I remember this game as one of the most infuriating games for Denver, but man forgetting about getting to or near the redzone twice in the 4th quarter and never getting a TD, or even some points was some dumb poo poo.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200812210den.htm

I knew if we put away Buffalo (which we should have), we wouldn't have to worry about the next week. We had no momentum and Chargers at that point was unstoppable after starting pretty slowly. I was pissed that we lost that game and knew we were hosed against the Chargers to the point I forgot to watch until it was either 31 or 38 to 13 in the 3rd and then I went back to whatever I was doing and didn't watch.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200812280sdg.htm

In hindsight, firing Shanahan was a pretty good idea since we were going nowhere and coasting on being mediocre to good since Elway left with the exception of lucking our way into the AFC championship game in 05.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

BMB5150 posted:

In hindsight, firing Shanahan was a pretty good idea since we were going nowhere and coasting on being mediocre to good since Elway left with the exception of lucking our way into the AFC championship game in 05.
I was always in favor of firing Shanahan since as early as 2004 because the Broncos plateaued so hard under him (2005 notwithstanding). He was never willing to give up some of the power that was given to him so he had to go.

Of course, that gave us a season and a half of McDaniels but considering what has happened since then it was all worth it.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Yeah, Shanahan's problem was that he couldn't talent that well in the draft and he never seemed to realize it. As a coach he was always good and his offenses produced but sucking at drafting got him fired at Denver and Washington. Mind you, everything the Redskins touch turns to poo poo at some point so maybe he was always doomed or something.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Let's not kid ourselves, in the end Shanahan was a hack who won by gimmick plays and clock management. It was like watching a college coach who had just watched the Replacements.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Croatoan posted:

Let's not kid ourselves, in the end Shanahan was a hack who won by gimmick plays and clock management. It was like watching a college coach who had just watched the Replacements.

Still better than Dan Reeves

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Croatoan posted:

Agreed. His stints with the Raiders and Redskins prove it

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/PFF_Oakland/status/910290595582812161

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/910604766245396480

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Go Chargers.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Even with the Chargers at 0-3? Cool. Where's the 2018 draft thread....

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Chargers haven't beaten the Chiefs since Reid's first year there. I'd be stunned if they did anything.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Durandal1707 posted:

Chargers haven't beaten the Chiefs since Reid's first year there. I'd be stunned if they did anything.

Neither have the Raiders, and the Broncos last win off KC was the infamous Jamaal Charles fumble game

:boom:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

AFC Best :clint:

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Neither have the Raiders, and the Broncos last win off KC was the infamous Jamaal Charles fumble game

This time the Chiefs can win on a Jamaal Charles fumble! Try it, it's fun.

Chiefs are gonna finish 3rd in the division though. Future GOAT Trevor Semian will make this a reality.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
When Charles fumbled in the Broncos game 2 weeks ago I smiled and then felt bad

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

When Charles fumbled in the Broncos game 2 weeks ago I smiled and then felt bad

Lmao, I felt bad at first then smiled when I remembered the old game

And then I felt worse and worse until the icing

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
You can't spell "elite" without "e", "e" and "i", which are all in "Trevor Siemian"

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Alexander Douglas Smith,

you'll find the entire word in there

:smug:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Alexander Douglas Smith,

you'll find the entire word in there

:smug:

Yeah and that glory hound doesn't have T for TEAM in there, does he?!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

#24torm a-comin'!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

warcrimes posted:

#24torm a-comin'!

Try to truck this guy

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF-5-1IEQHE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU