Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Low voice, I can talk in a low voice. This is a low voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Also, my God, Teacher's Lounge. Go get Stitcher Premium and get on this if you haven't (Make sure you sign up for the "Bad Deal.") I didn't believe the hype every time it was mentioned in the thread previously, but it lives up to and exceeds it. I can't believe they haven't promoted it or made mention of the new season starting on any mainline Earwolf show lately.

OK I went and listened to one episode and now suddenly I'm halfway through episode 4 and this poo poo is excellent. Dan Lippert is funny as gently caress

edit: "meanest to the Guinness employees" made me do a legitimate, painful spit take

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 17, 2017

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"You're killin' me, Aids."

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

"You mean that was a grief mustache??"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Crindee posted:

"You're killin' me, Aids."

"Imagine waking up and Magic Johnson is standing over your bed...he says, 'Come quick, something awful has happened to your family, follow me'...he takes me outside and he's just put a Smirnoff Ice on top of my ambulance."

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Yes, the Teacher's Lounge is brilliant. Free Cheetahman.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Looks like I spoke too soon - all of Teacher's Lounge Season 1 was posted on Earwolf today to promote the weekly Stitcher series.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gave the first episode a whirl last night, favorite part to start was Drew Tarver’s basketball coach forgetting the words ‘locker room’.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I've heard this podcast is good but there's no podcast on earth that's five dollars worth of good. So I'll checkout "the teachers lounge, season 1."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Work Friend Keven posted:

I've heard this podcast is good but there's no podcast on earth that's five dollars worth of good. So I'll checkout "the teachers lounge, season 1."

Guess you missed out on that "Get a year of Stitcher Premium for a dollar" coupon, AKA: "The Only Way I Will Ever Pay for Stitcher Premium" since the app is very bad.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I was thinking about doing that but then didn't it start charging everyone the yearly rate every month

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

For me the trial just ran out after a month instead of a year so I think it was a mistake

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I forgot it was $3.50 and not $1, but I was only ever billed the once, and I'm still able to access the premium content, as far as I can tell.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
There was an option at signup with Stitcher Premium to not make your subscription automatically renewing, which was surprisingly decent and on the level.

So now I totally expect to somehow get charged for both a monthly and 2 concurrent annual subscriptions when my initial one expires.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!
None of Earwolf's Monday shows have showed up for me on Pocketcasts today. Is it just this? Has itunes apple piecasts been affected as well? If this prevents me from listening to the boys during tomorrows commute ima probably tazz out for real

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The standard RSS feeds haven't updated for whatever reason - I ran into the same issue this morning. Switching to the Stitcher Feeds made them show up, though.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I use Pocket Casts and CBB only just showed up a couple of minutes ago.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
At last night's Emmys Adam Scott walked out to Billy Joel's I Go To Extremes. Really hope that was in some way on purpose.

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
Today's Hollywood Handbook was the best in a while. Also lol that July from the Trends With Benefits podcast of 20 somethings that would occasionally get Earwolf guests apparently works at Earwolf now, good for him.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
They were super "on game" on HH, but it felt a bit like well-trod territory to me at times. I think I like it most when it mixes the droll, aloof stuff with the giant bird trying to steal peaches stuff.

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
Well they didn't sound actively bored at any point so that was good enough for me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Koholint posted:

Today's Hollywood Handbook was the best in a while. Also lol that July from the Trends With Benefits podcast of 20 somethings that would occasionally get Earwolf guests apparently works at Earwolf now, good for him.

I think every TWB host works or worked for Earwolf.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Keven, your thoughts on this ep?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's not how you get his attention.

KEVEN!!!!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Someone complimented an Earwolf show. The lure has been cast. Keven will make his way to the thread in due time. It's all about patience.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The boys from James Bonding have been making GBS threads on their sponsor that does debt management really hard. Not in the funny HH way. They seem to be outright saying it's a scam.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Didn't way back someone have to read copy for Draft Kings when they had a serious problem w/ people gambling?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Koholint posted:

Huebel is top tier

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Didn't way back someone have to read copy for Draft Kings when they had a serious problem w/ people gambling?

I remember PFT being almost actively confrontational to the idea of Loot Crate, and I think he might've also had a problem with Draft Kings.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

ManoliIsFat posted:

Huebel is top tier

This isn't HH specific, but it's funny when a guest is much funnier than the hosts.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Hey, thanks for asking. Didn't listen to this ep because I don't care for the show and the guest didn't catch my eye, as is typical for me. Huebel is a funny guy but he's not on my must listen list currently. I downloaded season 1 of teachers lounge but haven't had time to listen to it yet. Other than that, the last Ear WOlf Podcast I listened to was the one on one Improv for Humans, which I enjoyed as a one off. Cheers & keep your ears open.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Thanks Kev!!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh that Kiddin' Keven !

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
:cheerdoge:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
My new favorite ad read is Gourley and Mira half assing/making GBS threads on that shady credit card company.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the timestamp the episode is like 3 hours long

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Relistening to the most recent ep of "Are you talking about U2 with me"... is Scotts show "Ghosted" out yet and is it good.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the timestamp the episode is like 3 hours long

1:11:45 or thereabouts. Just look for the place where the waveform looks different.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Relistening to the most recent ep of "Are you talking about U2 with me"... is Scotts show "Ghosted" out yet and is it good.

Premieres on TV October 1st, but just today it was announced that it will stream nightly on Twitter(?) next week. Reviews of the pilot have been tepid leaning positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Comedies on TV rarely hit the ground running so I'm going to give it a shot. Fox has kept Brooklyn 99 and Last Man on Earth around, hopefully they give Jahosted a proper chance to find its footing.