Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

And the mech won't keep firing missiles during the self-destruct, a travesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
When mercy ults what does it do to her healing or dps?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

resistentialism posted:

You can't cancel DVA's boosters for something like the first half second of its duration at all now. You can even melee attack during that early portion of it and it'll keep going. It makes blowing the cooldown for quick extra damage or a sudden bump off a cliff a little more cumbersome

Why the gently caress would they port that change over from Heroes of the Storm? That's the worst part of playing Hots D.Va.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I was never a big D.Va player but I've been screwing around in FFA with the new version and it's a hoot. It feels like it's in a pretty good place, matrix is still really strong but demands you use it sparingly instead of just holding down RMB, her firepower boost is great but not a brainless instant kill. Generally placing around 3rd-5th place, which feels reasonable for an unfamiliar character who's still not super suited to FFA.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why the gently caress would they port that change over from Heroes of the Storm? That's the worst part of playing Hots D.Va.

Probably so you don't double tap it and cancel it by accident, but like, 1/5th of a second probably would have been more than enough.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

junkertown is a real loving weird map both visually and mechanically

visually it feels like tf2 x l4d x borderlands, and not like overwatch at all, not even route 66 overwatch

mechanically it's an incredibly uphill battle for attack with nearly every possible advantage given to defender when almost every other payload/2cp map by blizzard has given the advantage to attacker up until the very final point so there's some semblance of "you won! but can you FINISH the FIGHT?"

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Junkertown sure brings the retard out of everyone.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759166300

"Fixed a bug that caused a pair of pink fuzzy dice to mysteriously float onto the screen when viewing D.Va’s weapon in the Hero Gallery if her Cruiser skin was equipped"

That should have been left a feature/easter egg.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
jeff kaplan, in his eternal war against subtitles, removed the subtitles from KOTH maps on the hero pick screen.

we're safe from the threat of deaf people in ow once more

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
It's almost as if a new map if going to favor defense (who just have to stall) over offense (who have to actually do work) in the early days of its release :thunk:

Not saying it's perfect but c'mon people.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dick Burglar posted:

It's almost as if a new map if going to favor defense (who just have to stall) over offense (who have to actually do work) in the early days of its release :thunk:

It's not a crazy concern. It was certainly true with Eichenwalde, to the point where multiple changes were made to the map. I haven't played it enough to make up my own mind though.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I seem to recall complaints about horizon going both ways and then Jeff revealed that winrates average close to 50% for both sides on all maps, except Horizon which was sitting at like a 55% attacker winrate or something.

basically there's no real way to know if the map is balanced or not until a bunch of data is collected or blizzard reveals the inner machinations again

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Yeah, they released quick play win rates back in July. All were within a percentage point of 50% except for Eichenwalde (Attack 46.13%, Defense 53.87%) and Horizon (Attack 54.50%, Defense 45.50%). Curiously enough, those are also both post-release maps. So it wouldn't shock me if a similar imbalance exists on Junkertown.

Edit: It's certainly possible that Horizon and Junkertown normalize over the next couple of months without them touching the maps like they did Eichenwalde, but who the hell knows.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 20, 2017

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

fishing with the fam posted:

Yeah, they released quick play win rates back in July. All were within a percentage point of 50% except for Eichenwalde (Attack 46.13%, Defense 53.87%) and Horizon (Attack 54.50%, Defense 45.50%). Curiously enough, those are also both post-release maps. So it wouldn't shock me if a similar imbalance exists on Junkertown.

Edit: It's certainly possible that Horizon and Junkertown normalize over the next couple of months without them touching the maps like they did Eichenwalde, but who the hell knows.

I wonder how different QP winrates are to Comp. It seems having 5 people practicing their ninja sniper skills and 1 healer complaining would have an effect on the rates.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Seems like having people that can climb into the window above the full health pack is pretty important to pushing the 2nd point.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Minrad posted:

I seem to recall complaints about horizon going both ways and then Jeff revealed that winrates average close to 50% for both sides on all maps, except Horizon which was sitting at like a 55% attacker winrate or something.

basically there's no real way to know if the map is balanced or not until a bunch of data is collected or blizzard reveals the inner machinations again

And no real way to know if the map is balanced even afterwards given their stats are, like, "all SRs, all group sizes, and sometimes we even throw in QP along with comp."

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

And no real way to know if the map is balanced even afterwards given their stats are, like, "all SRs, all group sizes, and sometimes we even throw in QP along with comp."

The statistics blizzard farts out have zero context to them, making them essentially meaningless drivel.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
There is currently an easily reproduced bug which lets you play 12 v 12 in a custom game, with 6 bots and 6 players per team,

Make a custom match, make two full AI teams and move yourself to spectators.
Choose a control map, doesn't seem to work on other maps.
Start the match, wait til bots leave spawn.
Remove all the bots and swap spectators in.
Bots won't actually be removed.
Players will be able to join normally after this and the bots will stay, enjoy!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Real Cool Catfish posted:

There is currently an easily reproduced bug which lets you play 12 v 12 in a custom game, with 6 bots and 6 players per team,

Make a custom match, make two full AI teams and move yourself to spectators.
Choose a control map, doesn't seem to work on other maps.
Start the match, wait til bots leave spawn.
Remove all the bots and swap spectators in.
Bots won't actually be removed.
Players will be able to join normally after this and the bots will stay, enjoy!

And I've discovered it's possible to go beyond this and have made a 24 v 24, though it's 18 bots a side. It's a bit laggy.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

In one of my matches today, I rezzed 20 people. New Mercy owns.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

dont know dont care if dva's good or bad but the new design is loving A+. the missiles and shooting while flying really let u live out the anime fantasy of slamming every huge red button in your giant mecha while you go on a rampage.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
The only thing more fun than playing new D.Va in FFA is when everyone else picks D.Va too

Mechs, missiles, and goblins all stalking the streets of London, destroying everything they see with an arsenal of hate

At the sound of an impending self-destruct, the Hanzo flees for cover. But every available piece of cover is already occupied by a hulking cheeto machine

Tonight, the D.Vas feed...

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Minrad posted:

dont know dont care if dva's good or bad but the new design is loving A+. the missiles and shooting while flying really let u live out the anime fantasy of slamming every huge red button in your giant mecha while you go on a rampage.

My extremely superficial complaint is that the visuals and audio seem kind of rushed/lackluster. I was hoping for something a bit more Macross-y instead of the straight firing machinegun missiles, I think it's kind of lame that they removed the animation for defense matrix where D.Va uses her insane APM to shoot down incoming bullets, and she needs some more voice lines for firing off all the missiles. Otherwise I'm looking forward to attempting to alpha strike people out of existence.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol when you time it just right so doomfist drops his ult square into zero teammates, a tubload of missiles, and a river of plasma blaster fire.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Dick Burglar posted:

It certainly evokes the feeling of fighting an uphill battle like it should, but the attackers really seem to get the short stick. The final push to the first point is a wide open area with zero cover for attackers and easily accessable high ground for defence, while the second point is nearly entirely low grounds for attackers while the entrance to high ground is literally on the way to the cart for defence.

I'm thinking Orisa is going to see a lot of play there, just because she can yoink people off their perches in the first points. Haven't played enough matches to get a concrete feel for it just yet but it feels a lot like horizon where on attack you either take the point on the first 30 seconds or prepare for an insane hold that you'll be lucky to break in five minutes

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
One of my fave lines from my Orisa-main teammate is "oh hello there, Widowmaker with hook on cooldown"

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

I don't know if this is what they wanted but I like new Mercy because I can use her ult for instant offence. For ten glorious seconds I can pretend I'm playing a fun and interesting character. My team's life can wait, I'm going to go 1v1 that Orisa like a bird of prey. It's the best of Phara with none of the drawbacks. All this offense and her ult still charges quickly.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The noise gets to be kinda much in games where I'm one dva with a mecry and I'm just spending the whole game wailing on another dva with a mercy.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

30ish hours on DVA and I just learned that holding space makes you eject, which is what launches you up into the air when mech dies. Welp.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Some guy got complimented on his character idea by Jeff Kaplan. Normally ignore this kinda thing but the dude actually put in a lot of effort. Figured others might wanna look at it since she's honestly kinda neat.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B04hsfrZwoMzV19aSEJtTzQ5cWs/view

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, I saw that earlier! I really hope they make something of that, she seems very well done and I love her gameplay concept and general aesthetic. Having healing drone-fish and relocation bubbles could be fun and strategic.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I think more than the character I'm digging the heck out of that level concept art.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bumper Stickup posted:

Some guy got complimented on his character idea by Jeff Kaplan. Normally ignore this kinda thing but the dude actually put in a lot of effort. Figured others might wanna look at it since she's honestly kinda neat.

That's impressively thorough.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Kai Tave posted:

I think more than the character I'm digging the heck out of that level concept art.

Except the part where it's 2CP. Otherwise I agree.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Maple Leaf posted:

Except the part where it's 2CP. Otherwise I agree.

If you'll excuse me I have to revise a few of my opinions here.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

El Fideo posted:

In one of my matches today, I rezzed 20 people. New Mercy owns.

Did 37 on Lunar :o:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bumper Stickup posted:

holy poo poo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hey post that in the meimeis thread, I think they'd enjoy it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bumper Stickup posted:

That's... really good. Would play a support character like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Bumper Stickup posted:

Hey look, someone who actually 'gets' it. That's fantastic.