Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ban this sick filth

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

ban this sick filth

It's even a metric bottle!

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

interwhat posted:

Im not a huge hot sauce nerd, but i am an educated culinarian(non-pretentious), and I would like to offer a piece of advise. There is more than one geographical flavor when it comes to hot sauce and all foods of course. While sriracha is a flavorful hot sauce(only the chicken one with the green cap), great consideration should be taken when applying to foods of varying countries. It's really good for Thai and Asian food, as it complements those ingredients, but it would be my absolute last choice on a burrito. I use it as part of my marinades for chicken and and seafood that i stir fry, etc.

Also, plain Tabasco sucks. IHOP only puts tabasco on the table now and i could have sworn it used to be Cholula or Tapatio. The fucks.

I've been enjoying Melindas Extra Hot Habanero, its both hot and extremely flavorful.

I like your take very much and I agree. Valentina's black, Cholula, tabasco chipotle, and Siacha all have their proper place. I use Valentina's black like candy on many things. Sirachag is ideal for Chinese food and some other things. I use Cholula in my guac cause the wife is sensitive to spicy. Tabasco chipotle actually makes sausage mcmuffins with egg good.

It's all good. Just got to know when to use what.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
I made an uninspired dinner tonight and livened it up with some Crystal. I generally think that hot sauce is superfluous in a good meal, but it's great a saving a boring one.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Who What Now posted:

I like Frank's Red Hot and any hot sauce snobs can lick it off my balls.

Frank's is really tasty but not very spicy. Overall I give it a 7/10 but I almost always have a bottle in my pantry.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Valentina Black Label is probably the most underrated easily store-bought hot sauce and it's drat good on almost everything.

:agreed:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
This is interesting to me. Hot Ones' (come on, you guys know Hot Ones) "The Last Dab" sauce gets its details revealed. It's basically Pepper X puree with a little vinegar and spices and mustard, it sounds like. Pepper X? "Smokin Ed" who has been making record breaking hot peppers for years now developed it. On the Scoville scale:

Jalapeno: 3500 - 8000 scovilles
Cayenne: 30,000 - 50,000 scovilles
Habanero: 200,000 - 350,000 scovilles
Bhut Jolokia: 1,000,000 scovilles
Carolina Reaper: ~1.6 - 2.4 million scovilles (considered the world's hottest up until now)
Pepper X: 3.14 million scovilles

This stuff is no joke. Couldn't you get a legit chemical burn from something that hot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zCYX0esYlo

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Euphorbia resinifera - 16 billion scovilles

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Bea Nanner posted:

you are close but

This is from page 1, but gotta say this is my jam

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Frank's red hot sauce

I put that poo poo on everything

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
For basic stuff Franks, Chalula, El Yucateco are all good. Grabbing some Valentina tomorrow, thanks thread, it's been far too long.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
official hot sauce of gbs

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

interwhat posted:

I would say that that dish should not have hot sauce applied to it.

That wasn't the loving question.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Valentina Black Label is probably the most underrated easily store-bought hot sauce and it's drat good on almost everything.

I just discovered this stuff a week or so ago when I was eating papusas

Now that's some good goddamn hot sauce!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Catastrophe posted:

Jalapeno: 3500 - 8000 scovilles
Cayenne: 30,000 - 50,000 scovilles
Habanero: 200,000 - 350,000 scovilles
Bhut Jolokia: 1,000,000 scovilles
Carolina Reaper: ~1.6 - 2.4 million scovilles (considered the world's hottest up until now)
Pepper X: 3.14 million scovilles

Not sure about Pepper X, but the world's hottest pepper as of now is actually the Dragon's Breath, a pepper grown in Wales that is said to be so hot it can kill you. :eng101:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Breath_(chili_pepper)

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 20, 2017

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
A lot of hot sauces are very good.

But not plain regular Tabasco. It has bad flavor.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Speleothing posted:

A lot of hot sauces are very good.

But not plain regular Tabasco. It has bad flavor.

OG Tobasco owns for giving a little extra to soups or sauces

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Canned Panda posted:

Thanks to this thread, I bought this. It was a whole dollar, so I won't feel too bad if I don't like it.

So, yeah, this stuff is great.

Just my quick report.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Not sure about Pepper X, but the world's hottest pepper as of now is actually the Dragon's Breath, a pepper grown in Wales that is said to be so hot it can kill you. :eng101:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Breath_(chili_pepper)

Yup, thing sounds scary. Pepper X is still waiting on two additional independent lab tests to confirm its heat level. The one lab that did test it put it quite a bit higher than Dragon's Breath but it's not official yet.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

I've been putting this poo poo on eggs/potatoes for breakfast and sometimes on tacos or w/e needs some heat. It's spicy but also sweet and flavorful. The habanero is not nearly as hot as I would expect, and one of its primary ingredients is tangerine juice.

I really like the habanero and the serrano. The jalapeno is just okay. They go great with eggs.

I like trying different hot sauces but don't want to order them online plus my fridge already has too many bottles.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I really like the habanero and the serrano. The jalapeno is just okay. They go great with eggs.

I like trying different hot sauces but don't want to order them online plus my fridge already has too many bottles.

I tried the habanero one. It's ok, but I just can't get into the carrot flavor. Too sweet

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I like sriracha. there's a reason it's so loving popular. because it's good.

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I like sriracha. there's a reason it's so loving popular. because it's good.

Because it tastes like ketchup? Ketchup is popular.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

lol if you keep hot sauce in the fridge

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
rule of thumb: if it's from mexico and costs 99 cents or less it's probably good

also trader joe's sriracha is way better than the normal stuff

IXCE
Nov 27, 2007

It's time to take naps and eat yum yum...and I'm all outta yum.

This is what I use. It's cheap and almost taste home made.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Once took a piss and touched my balks after getting Flaming Hot Mother Puckers on my hand in 2007 and Mr balls turned purple and hurt

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Canned Panda posted:

Just my quick report.

if it gave us just one more convert to the church of valentina then this thread was a success

feller
Jul 5, 2006

TITY BOI posted:

rule of thumb: if it's from mexico and costs 99 cents or less it's probably good

also trader joe's sriracha is way better than the normal stuff

millenials are so poor they've started twisting stuff being cheap into it being quality

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Melinda's on the first page as it should be

Recently got some Fat Cat: Chairman Meow's Revenge and it's pretty good

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

has anyone mention Brown Sauce yet

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
El Yucateco Green Habanero is my poo poo. All the best foods are just vehicles for hot sauce.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Never Keep Hot Sauce In The Fridge

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Canned Panda posted:

Just my quick report.

Always surprised how cheap it is. Definitely the best sauce.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

numberoneposter posted:

Never Keep Hot Sauce In The Fridge

Porque no?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

it says HOT right on the bottle

not COLD sauce

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

it can be a good one but it depends on how hot the curry powder you sprinkle on it is

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

:barf::barf::barf::barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

kazr posted:

OG Tobasco owns for giving a little extra to soups or sauces

Maybe. I guess. But in that case all you want is the heat and you'd be fine with almost anything. On eggs or tacos or a burger, well,

:agreed:

• Locked thread