Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.
swipe down to underscore is the kind of innovation we've been waiting for, thank you tim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

6eah thanks 58:/

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

my apple pencil has been a bit flaky recently with staying connected, maybe that’s what happened to you

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol i forgot about the istylus

back to poking your devices with a stick, in defiance of steve's wisdom

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

it's a PENCIL, not a stylus!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

it's a PENCIL, not a stylus!

pencils typically have erasers on the back :colbert:

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.
too bad it can't erase your posts

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
i hate how reduce motion doesn't disable the unlock animation but otherwise its an ok os release

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
been using iOS 11 since beta 1 on my phone cos idgaf and its pretty good tbh

the screenshots feature is v needs suiting

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

oh hey turns out my 6s qualifies for a free battery replacement so I'm definitely just doing that now. cool. thanks, tim

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

oh hey turns out my 6s qualifies for a free battery replacement so I'm definitely just doing that now. cool. thanks, tim

huh, so is mine. but the battery works great so don't think I'm gonna bother

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/JoannaStern/status/910461226911764480

heck of a job timb

what kind of epic failure is homepod going to be at this pace?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
apple watch series 3 review is out

http://www.wsj.com/video/apple-watch-series-3-review-no-iphone-no-problem/B0744907-696B-4DA2-BDB6-43FA0629344E.html

the latest installment in the series joanna <3 wears a silly camera hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0w0K-6uZjs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAXRJPbT-5M

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

holy farts, Joanna Stern DIDNT recommend an Apple product?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

oh never mind, that’s what she does every time

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Oh god, Rupert Murdoch made skin-to-skin contact with her.

She can never be clean again.

:(

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Schadenboner posted:

Oh god, Rupert Murdoch made skin-to-skin contact with her.

She can never be clean again.

the day in the life of a female wsj writer of course includes rupert murdoch getting all handsy without asking

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Rex-Goliath posted:

i didn't know about this either and mine does too. now i get to give it to my wife with a fresh batt :chome:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

lmao.

stunning. apple. design.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
no battery life if you try to use it, and it just straight up doesn't work a significant percentage of the time

materially worse in every way than the ponderous piece of junk it replaced.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's like strapping a fart to your wrist

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

iOS 11 ditches the Jony Dots in favor of returning to the tried and true "increasing vertical bars" cellular signal icon 📶

so naturally,

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

infernal machines posted:

lmao.

stunning. apple. design.

it's certainly stunning

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

ah, of course

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ufarn posted:

https://twitter.com/JoannaStern/status/910461226911764480

heck of a job timb

what kind of epic failure is homepod going to be at this pace?

sans paywall

https://outline.com/jaTC9T

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Linguica posted:

iOS 11 ditches the Jony Dots in favor of returning to the tried and true "increasing vertical bars" cellular signal icon 📶

so naturally,

wait does the Apple Watch actually have an led bright enough to act as a flashlight?

if not the what the gently caress does the flash light icon do

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

My Linux Rig posted:

wait does the Apple Watch actually have an led bright enough to act as a flashlight?

if not the what the gently caress does the flash light icon do

I'm hoping it blinds your face

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it turns the screen on full white and cranks the brightness to 100 if you turn your wrist away from yourself and dims it if you turn it towards yourself

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
[quote="“THC”" post="“476590296”"]
it turns the screen on full white and cranks the brightness to 100 if you turn your wrist away from yourself and dims it if you turn it towards yourself
[/quote]

rofl well at least it doesn't blind the user

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

THC posted:

fancy

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

THC posted:

correctly assessing their target market who will never in their life use a manual screwdriver

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

do you screw screws with the same hand you wear your watch on? no!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

THC posted:

do you screw screws with the same hand you wear your watch on? no!

er, yes. i do.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I know some guys in construction and yeah they all do. the explanation is they’re looking at that hand most of the time anyway and looking a distance away while you’re in the middle of something usually isn’t smart

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

you're doing it wrong

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

screwing or watching?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Linguica posted:

ah, of course

lol forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol it even says "disconnected from thc's watch" when i toggle bluetooth in control center but it is still connected and works

• Locked thread