Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
I think I heard it earlier in the thread, but I love the idea of a highrise map, where you rappel down a side and bust through a window. Maybe random floors explode and you have to get back outside and find another floor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

fletcher posted:

Why do you say that? My buddy has an ultrawide and it rocks for PUBG, he has way more peripheral than I do

I have an ultra-wide and I'm the best. Why would anyone think ultra-wides are bad for PUGB??

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

VulgarandStupid posted:

I have an ultra-wide

we can see that from the av

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gently caress they changed the controls setting that let me map crouch and jump to the same keybind

i'm way more pissed off about this than i should be but seriously gently caress gently caress gently caress fuckkkk

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

BraveUlysses posted:

gently caress they changed the controls setting that let me map crouch and jump to the same keybind

i'm way more pissed off about this than i should be but seriously gently caress gently caress gently caress fuckkkk

It seems really weird to me that they wouldn't just...normalize the jump height or whatever so you can go over things, at least until vaulting goes live. I don't see what this fix helps. Nailing the crouch + jump doesn't exactly have the cool factor of executing a sick street fighter combo.

edit: this doesn't mean I wouldn't watch a video of sick crouchjumps

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 20, 2017

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

BraveUlysses posted:

Is it really that hard to just hit both keys at the same time?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

fletcher posted:

to hit it as consistently as the bind its hard for me, maybe my fingers are just old i dont know, but some days I can get it when I need to but others not so much

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

fletcher posted:

my keyboard is older & doesn't properly recognize the double press within the time frame, but I put one of the buttons on the mouse & now I'm fine.

it's kinda a dumb change still

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Tonetta posted:

my keyboard is older & doesn't properly recognize the double press within the time frame, but I put one of the buttons on the mouse & now I'm fine.

Time for a new keyboard

Doorknob Slobber posted:

to hit it as consistently as the bind its hard for me, maybe my fingers are just old i dont know, but some days I can get it when I need to but others not so much

Time for some new fingers

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Fog maps + flash hider = easy dinners

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

This game is crap

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Tonetta posted:

we can see that from the av

weedbaby bring back your old avi please

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

eSports ready! Ship it!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

"That's a nice Ghillie Suit you've got there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it."

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Tonetta posted:

Yea they managed to forget to include mouse actions when doing whatever they did, since my zeroing mouse up/down bind still works fine

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I bound mouse up to weapon 1, mouse down to weapon 2, and now when I zoom my map I change weapons. wtf. this did not happen when I had the wheel on prev/next weapon

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Same thing happens when I set mwheel up/down to zeroing, which in my case really hosed up my shooting for a few hours before I noticed. :v:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Black Griffon posted:

weedbaby bring back your old avi please

Nah this one is insanely fitting, god bless pissmop, best mop.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Odobenidae posted:

Same thing happens when I set mwheel up/down to zeroing, which in my case really hosed up my shooting for a few hours before I noticed. :v:

Same thing for me. Now I have it bound to ctrl + scroll.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I'm now using Logitech Gaming Software to crouch jump for me. Great, Bluehole, you accomplished so much. Just finish working on mantling, already and stop making me run garbage software.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

VulgarandStupid posted:

stop making me run garbage software.

uninstall the game?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I had trouble until I started practicing every round in spawn island. Just run to the building on the ground area and start jumping.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm now using Logitech Gaming Software to crouch jump for me. Great, Bluehole, you accomplished so much. Just finish working on mantling, already and stop making me run garbage software.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Hitting jump and crouch at the same time isn't something you need incredible dexterity for, just hitting the jump+crouch keys at the same time with your thumb should be enough.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

lohli posted:

Hitting jump and crouch at the same time isn't something you need incredible dexterity for, just hitting the jump+crouch keys at the same time with your thumb should be enough.

It's not economical! I want to press one button to do one thing!

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Pressing 2 buttons is incredibly inefficient

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

lohli posted:

maybe its my keyboard like the other guy said because no matter how at the same time i hit them it never works

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
I invented a device that physically bridges the C and Spacebar keys on your keyboard allowing you to hit both keys with ease. Right now the prototype does not allow C or Spacebar to work independently.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

eriddy posted:

I invented a device that physically bridges the C and Spacebar keys on your keyboard allowing you to hit both keys with ease. Right now the prototype does not allow C or Spacebar to work independently.
Call it a Crouchero and kickstart it

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

eriddy posted:

I invented a devic e that physic ally bridges the C and Spac ebar keys on your keyboard allowing you to hit both keys with ease. Right now the prototype does not allow C or Spac ebar to work independently.

I fixed your post.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

I fixed your post.

There's not a c in between every word :v:

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Attentionc toc detailc isc c ritic al

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

I like the new direction of the thread, please keep going.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Dyz posted:

There's not a c in between every word :v:

I need more coffee.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I'm going to bind this whole loving game to my HOTAS Warthog and face BRENDAN as I walk backwards into hell

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

fletcher posted:

Why do you say that? My buddy has an ultrawide and it rocks for PUBG, he has way more peripheral than I do

It does give you more peripheral but honestly it tends to be more information than I need which can be distracting. Plus it puts unnecessary strain on my eyes unless I sit far back.

It's great for single-player games and is very nice to look at, but with PUBG I'd just prefer a normal resolution.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

maybe its my keyboard like the other guy said because no matter how at the same time i hit them it never works

It probably is. I could never get it to work with my Corsair K30, and then my geef's rabbit mercifully bit through its cable. Now my stopgap old hp kb does it just fine every time

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
I was in top 15 in duos and feeling good last night, all kitted up and then we died to Summit in front of 24,000 people. It was an honour really.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How is it that people are able to streamsnipe in this game? With the absurd concurrent players the game is pulling in right now as well as typical Twitch stream delay, wouldn't you have to be incredibly lucky to hit Play at the exact time the streamer does?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Siets posted:

How is it that people are able to streamsnipe in this game? With the absurd concurrent players the game is pulling in right now as well as typical Twitch stream delay, wouldn't you have to be incredibly lucky to hit Play at the exact time the streamer does?

It gets divided into regions, solo/duo/squad, privates, and now TPP/FPP all of which reduce the number of new games being spawned at any given time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Siets posted:

A whole lotta freetime

• Locked thread