Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

actionjackson posted:

eye of another world and the high minded complex make my pvplock look like some bad rear end time traveler that shows up and tells you the fate of all humanity of something

Beware, humanity! I come from a dark future where your chests will contain no loot and MIDA has consumed the planet!

Thumbtacks posted:

I haven't played Hunter much (and I didn't in D1 either) but I still don't really understand why you'd pick them over Titan/Warlock. Like it seems like whatever they do can be done better by the others? Granted I haven't PLAYED one so maybe I'm missing something, but I don't know why you'd play a Hunter.

The difference between classes is what they buff for the group and whether or not you have the Warlock's lovely jump. I'm not a super world first raider or anything but your class feels like the most meh thing to min/max in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
So what's the best way to level an alt to take advantage of higher level exotic rewards and exotic quests? Should I smash through the campaign, equip all my high level stuff then open my rewards or is it better to level to 20 outside of the campaign doing public quests and stuff, equip the gear and then finish it?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Raid completed in 62 minutes. Farmed.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I did the first option and ran into engram light level issues so maybe try the second

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

el B posted:

One shot everything? Ugh how can y'all just instantly pull that 80min clear out from under me.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Thumbtacks posted:

I haven't played Hunter much (and I didn't in D1 either) but I still don't really understand why you'd pick them over Titan/Warlock. Like it seems like whatever they do can be done better by the others? Granted I haven't PLAYED one so maybe I'm missing something, but I don't know why you'd play a Hunter.

ok basically-

Gunslinger- celestial nighthawk golden gun- one of the highest and fastest single target dps in the game
nightstalker- tether- incredible orb generation and big group wide damage boost and great ad control -also can spec smoke bomb for group invisibilty or to disorient ads. The exotic boots that give super energy back based on # tethered is incredible, you can get super back instantly
Poledancer- super does great damage for both adds and bosses and can stunlock bosses, especially with the raiden flux chest piece

the weapon reload dodge is great for boss dps- not as good as the titan short wall or warlock rift with the exotic boots that provide reloads though. Titan short wall is a bit finicky for people other than the titan (and sometimes the titan) to use to be fair.

hunters are also very mobile in pvp, and even though grenades are all around weaker hunter grenades have some nice utility or power(ie. tripmines, skip grenade tracking, smoke + grenade wombo combo)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Reload dodge is great with merciless, especially in the baths.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

So what's the best way to level an alt to take advantage of higher level exotic rewards and exotic quests? Should I smash through the campaign, equip all my high level stuff then open my rewards or is it better to level to 20 outside of the campaign doing public quests and stuff, equip the gear and then finish it?

Do campaign up to last mission, gear up as much as you can stand grinding, smash last mission, get sweet loot. Not sure if it's worth grinding even earlier, since I don't know if the quest that gives you Sunshot comes before/after you unlock Strikes.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Coldforge posted:

The past two days I've only gotten Synthoceps to drop from exotics. I'm almost afraid to pick up my next one :(

Don't let fear rule your life, kids. First exotic I got today was my long-awaited Alpha Lupi chest :D

(Also got the ministry of silly walks dance, yay)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

el B posted:

hmm record is 27 minutes you have work to do my friend

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Can you even use those as infusion fodder? If so what does it cost?

Nope. Only blues and above. I sharded it for glimmer but I regret it already, I should have kept it around as an oddity.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

actionjackson posted:

Shutup idiot

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH

actionjackson posted:

We didn't skip capture the flag! We would have been under an hour if poooM didn't stand in the Gauntlet room after the win...

It did feel good one shotting everyting.

https://i.imgur.com/v82BRDM.png

Edit: And we had a flag stolen.

Loving Leader fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 20, 2017

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Show the raid where I got the most kills!

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH

el B posted:

Show the raid where I got the most kills!

https://i.imgur.com/WlgS5vR.png

I wish I had the one where you got so high out of your mind. Actually I might have video of that one.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

el B posted:

Shutup idiot

lol

edit: there's a time when poom was NOT high as gently caress?

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 20, 2017

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

My buddy and I are both 290 and everyone that joins for the NF stays up for no more than 10 seconds tops. Riskrunner makes sense but that means giving up Skyburners... whatever, where is this cheese spot. I need my rat gun.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

anyone know if the anomalies are always in the same spots?

or have some locations during the semi-'inside' section where you have to defend the generator thing? never could find any there even though the indicator was on

Same locations each time. At the end of that section, look behind you at the room and you should see it high up. Didn't find any others.

I did this nightfall 5 times, 3 of which were failures. gently caress it so hard. It's bad enough as a regular strike.

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH

actionjackson posted:

lol

edit: there's a time when poom was NOT high as gently caress?

He thought after our 2nd win of a trials match we had gone flawless. Took us to the spire and told us to chill the gently caress out and enjoy the scenery.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

Same locations each time. At the end of that section, look behind you at the room and you should see it high up. Didn't find any others.

I did this nightfall 5 times, 3 of which were failures. gently caress it so hard. It's bad enough as a regular strike.

you might be right be they also drop from adds. especially during the final boss.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

96 spacejam posted:

My buddy and I are both 290 and everyone that joins for the NF stays up for no more than 10 seconds tops. Riskrunner makes sense but that means giving up Skyburners... whatever, where is this cheese spot. I need my rat gun.

It's not that hard, if I did it with a guided team no comms and running all over the place.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Kiranamos posted:

It's not that hard, if I did it with a guided team no comms and running all over the place.

that's how we're doing it, except the random is on comms by himself. We just want to get it done and get the rat king but our friends haven't caught up. Doesn't seem like anyone in the Bone Krew overflow is high enough either unless people are on alts.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Loving Leader posted:

He thought after our 2nd win of a trials match we had gone flawless. Took us to the spire and told us to chill the gently caress out and enjoy the scenery.

In my defense I had already gone flawless multiple times on that character and I happened to be filled with jubilee when I saw that last little box twinkle at the end of a game.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

96 spacejam posted:

you might be right be they also drop from adds. especially during the final boss.

the ones adds drop are different, they are part of the 'attrition' modifier, they heal you and give a bit of super energy, they don't affect time

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Seeing how i'm in a goon overfill clan, with it's own various levels of activeness, does doing the raid with other people go towards the clan or do I have to do it WITH fellow clansmen?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

el B posted:

In my defense I had already gone flawless multiple times on that character and I happened to be filled with jubilee when I saw that last little box twinkle at the end of a game.

I hate it when that happens

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

96 spacejam posted:

poo poo week for it. The boss takes like 5 minutes because he teleport before you can smoke him.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So the new trials thing. In order to get to the spire and get the trophy, you do NOT need to have a flawless card? You just need to win once? Or did I misunderstand. Because at the rate at which I was being hosed last weekend I'm not sure I see a flawless run in my future.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

BlindSite posted:

poo poo week for it. The boss takes like 5 minutes because he teleport before you can smoke him.

That's what we were afraid of. Half the time we're in that room is waiting for him to come back.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://i.imgur.com/c73MTgO.gifv

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mikeraskol posted:

Isn't the exotic pool shallow compared to The end of Destiny 1. So it's not really that surprising that you're gonna end up with some duplicates and it doesn't mean poo poo.

Yeah it's not a large enough number of items that any of this is weird. I've gotten 17 Exotics and no duplicates. If anything that should be pretty unlikely.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

precision posted:

Yeah it's not a large enough number of items that any of this is weird. I've gotten 17 Exotics and no duplicates. If anything that should be pretty unlikely.

I've gotten 30 exotics and 20 duplicates.

4 pairs of lunafaction boots
3 skulls of ahamkara
3 Starfire protocol
2 prospector
2 merciless
2 of the other two warlock helms
3 DARCIs
List goes on

It's to a point where it feels like there aren't any more exotics for me to get.

Also my clan raid engram is broken again and won't send to me despite us finishing the raid and everyone else in the fireteam getting it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I've gotten 30 exotics and 20 duplicates.

4 pairs of lunafaction boots
3 skulls of ahamkara
3 Starfire protocol
2 prospector
2 merciless
2 of the other two warlock helms
3 DARCIs
List goes on

It's to a point where it feels like there aren't any more exotics for me to get.

Also my clan raid engram is broken again and won't send to me despite us finishing the raid and everyone else in the fireteam getting it.

Otoh you have all the raid guns so maybe stfu fuccboi

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

incoherent posted:

Seeing how i'm in a goon overfill clan, with it's own various levels of activeness, does doing the raid with other people go towards the clan or do I have to do it WITH fellow clansmen?

Clan engrams are for doing the raid as a clan group. You have to do it with them (I think guided games still count?). I'm not sure if the raid requires a full 6 from one clan or just a certain number but I assume it's all six.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Oh, bungie has also said they are investigating guild rewards being given at 10 power, so apparently that isn't intended behavior

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I don't have the pulse rifle

I really want a vigilance wing or that god drat cabal scout - the one that looks like a caulk gun

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
[quote="“Mithross”" post="“476574612”"]
Clan engrams are for doing the raid as a clan group. You have to do it with them (I think guided games still count?). I’m not sure if the raid requires a full 6 from one clan or just a certain number but I assume it’s all six.
[/quote]

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Oh that's not bad as all

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Otoh you have all the raid guns so maybe stfu fuccboi

The raid weapons feel lackluster. I used the handcannon and scout for the first two capture the flag runs. Switched to the trials handcannon and scout for the last two rounds and had more fun sliding around and switching between them.

I used the Sudden Death through every encounter but the final. I have next to no experience with shotguns at this point, but obviously it kicks yellow bars in the teeth. It killed my dog in the pleasure gardens. I forget how many stacks we had, but quiver/nades/shotgun got the job done in one phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

The raid weapons feel lackluster. I used the handcannon and scout for the first two capture the flag runs. Switched to the trials handcannon and scout for the last two rounds and had more fun sliding around and switching between them.

I used the Sudden Death through every encounter but the final. I have next to no experience with shotguns at this point, but obviously it kicks yellow bars in the teeth. It killed my dog in the pleasure gardens. I forget how many stacks we had, but quiver/nades/shotgun got the job done in one phase.

AR owns and I regularly have a 66 round clip

pulse rifle shreds due to Having outlaw and kill clip

The rocket launcher has cocoon and cluster bombs and is therefore the best in the game

The sword has both of the best sword perks in one

Apparently the sniper has some insane ADS speed and AA but I dunno because I don't loving have it

I think the SMG is extremely good?!!!