Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK, I did some research on it myself.

"One gameplay section has you rescuing turtles in one story thread, then show up during a match, letting you skim the ball across their backs to cross a tough water hazard"

Day one purchase

i'm glad there's a golf game rebirth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

DaveKap posted:

This is likely but in such a situation I wouldn't call it a "last minute decision" since that usually implies (at least from my perspective) someone had thought of it at the last minute as well. More than likely I'm just not reading the term literally enough. :P

Hearsay is that the ability to respec was always there, but the last minute decision was "removing a coin cost". Which would explain why there's no option to do partial respecs, and why Mario has a talent that affects healing from mushrooms on the overworld.

Also the "golden shot" talent in a game where the coins all respawn and you can generally keep up with buying the latest/best weapons for people you use on the fly

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Hearsay is that the ability to respec was always there, but the last minute decision was "removing a coin cost". Which would explain why there's no option to do partial respecs, and why Mario has a talent that affects healing from mushrooms on the overworld.

Also the "golden shot" talent in a game where the coins all respawn and you can generally keep up with buying the latest/best weapons for people you use on the fly

I thought I was real clever respeccing for max mushrooms right before eating one but it turns out it only affects the healing Mario receives.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The Bloop posted:

I beat the game and have done most of the challenges with no respec

Some of the abilities just seem not great, especially for Mario,

:confused: All of Mario's abilities are amazing except for Mushroom Mend, and Golden Shot Plus which is worthless on everyone.

The only bad abilities in the game are Rabbid Mario's useless shield and boosting Mega Protection on Peach too high.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mario is a jack-of-all-trades and in the endgame is more useful for M-Power than in actual direct damage -- not because of his own weaponry but because his mobility is more restricted. But M-Power remains incredibly useful.

Rabbid Mario's shield is good for him charging into a group/boss, dropping the hammer, and then letting someone else also drop a powerful AOE on the same location without dying to friendly fire. You do have to upgrade its weapon damage mitigation though.

I would say that Rabbid Luigi's Weaken is probably... the weakest

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DalaranJ posted:

:confused: All of Mario's abilities are amazing except for Mushroom Mend, and Golden Shot Plus which is worthless on everyone.

Right. Two of his abilities are garbage so respec to them is mostly pointless. That's a restating of what I said.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The Bloop posted:

Right. Two of his abilities are garbage so respec to them is mostly pointless. That's a restating of what I said.

Oh, you just meant that it was simple to do with out respecing. I agree that wouldn't be too difficult.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey. Switch thread. I asked to have the switch thread tag added in SA Mart and they did it! So when you sell Switch stuff use that thread tag because it's hard to search for Switch stuff in SA Mart.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I believe the game shipped with the coin cost and a day 1 patch removed it. There was someone who was complaining about the cost in the thread and people were like "what are you talking about?" and it turned out they hadn't updated their game.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Halo, comin to Switch

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-19-halo-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch-in-minecraft#comments

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I had so much money in that game I didn't know what to do with it! 100% it the other day, great game😬, hopefully I can there'll be some great DLC coming for it (no, steampunk weapons aren't good DLC). It was quite short though, not worth £50, maybe £35.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is there one that fits a bucket of kfc

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I want some kickass red or blue Joycons, not the one blue one red ones. But I haven't seen any crop up for MSRP on Amazon since around launch :smith:

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Oh hey, my boss made that. Was actually considering paying him to print me one too.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I want a version of the joycon holder that replaces the middle portion with a clasp for phones so you can have the Nintendo online app right there for easy access. Let me browse the Splatnet shop between respawns with ease, Nintendo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeF2mG7vCb0

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I was wondering why a Switch grip would have a phone holder. I just have that whole voice chat app blocked from memory

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mister Facetious posted:

Alton Brown made avocado ice cream before it was cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZy7l107VM4&t=285s

Last page but:
I have a relative from Bali and she makes chocolate avacado shakes that would blow your tits off.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Someone found out how to get to the emulated NES Golf ('flog') on Switch, and all you need is:

- A 1.0.0 firmware Switch
- It cannot have ever been connected to the Internet
- You must set the date to July 11th (the day of Iwata's passing)
- On the Home menu, detach both Joy-cons and mimic Iwata's "Direct" hand motions.

Upon doing so, This audio plays, and Golf loads.

It may be possible on other firmwares, but once you connect the Switch to the Internet the system to unlock this works off of the synced time whether you have auto-sync enabled or not. We'll see next July!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really hope it still works on all firmware on July 11. It’s too cool of a secret to be removed.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It gets the date from the time it syncs to over the Internet, even if that option is disabled, but I'm wondering if some proxy trickery could be used to point it to a rigged NTP server.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Snagged cave story and Rabbids for 50 on CL.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

if i sent my joycon to be fixed by nintendo is that piece of iwata still intact within my switch

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

If those instructions are real that's the most Nintendo thing.

So then they're probably real.

https://twitter.com/sprsk/status/910295200228032512

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 20, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Portable NBA2k18 owns.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

:unsmith:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The spirit of Iwata literally haunts each and every Nintendo Switch

He can be summoned once a year upon the anniversary of his death

Direct

To you

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN-nzpFo54g

Kunio-kun: The World Classics Collection is coming to PC/PS4/Switch/Xbox One. 11 games, 4 brand new bonus games never seen before in Japan, all with online play.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No! More Nazis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkrwUzWeACg

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rated

for killing Nazis

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Two GOTYs on the same day, what a time to be alive!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Natsume better get to work publishing this.

Also why are they getting the English ver of Ransom, Dodge, Renegade, and Crash

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jarogue posted:

Natsume better get to work publishing this.

Also why are they getting the English ver of Ransom, Dodge, Renegade, and Crash

They're the 4 brand new bonus games never seen before in Japan.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Because the western versions are significantly different from the Japanese ones and were never released there.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
riva lovely ransomu

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Is it only coming to Japan, or are we going to get some Kunio-Kun goodness?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Is it only coming to Japan, or are we going to get some Kunio-Kun goodness?

How's that Mana Collection looking? :v:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The amount of hours of FIFA I will play on my switch cannot be counted on Infinite hands

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You can count them on Infinitum hands baby

How many times I will destroy you in FIFA

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Infinitum posted:

You can count them on Infinitum hands baby

How many times I will destroy you in FIFA

To be fair, a fair amount of my hours will be when I'm fairly tipsy in the lounge waiting for work flights so idk you'll probably beat me because I've just forgotten which way my team is running.

I mean, you're going down. Iaj FC WILL DESTROY YOU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Number One FC will be #1

:siren: Jupiter's Picross series will hit the Switch next week in Picross S :siren:

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

They won't release just one either. They've released multiple sequels on the 3DS and they're all cheap as chips.

• Locked thread