Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I just threw Richard and Renne in there and Richard stabbed everything forever. Renne used arts and healed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I went with Tita and Agate. They were the only ones of the original group I hadn't taken to a final boss. Also, Tita had been there since the beginning, it seemed fair she's there for the end. Be careful with the Orbal Gear though, it's easy to get it stuck.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

quote:

Am I the only one who somehow got reminded of Majora's Mask when Anima dislodged that frame and the thing in the middle started spinning? Uh, nevermind.

Anyway, Stigma Cannon Megidelus did about between 25000 and 27000 points of damage to me on normal, around level 140 with defense buffed. Zin and Orbal Tita should be able to tank it if their buffs are in place and you raised your HP. (most of your party have more HP at this point than the final boss in FC did, they've come a long way. Remember when Death Rage's 2700 was a nearly guaranteed instant kill on a character?) I imagine that on Hard and Nightmare, Grail Sphere is the only thing standing between you and an unconditional party wipe. This battle can be nasty if you're not protected against status ailments. It's easy for the thing to get lucky and trap your party in a never-ending freeze/faint loop. Fortunately there's grail lockets on your way here plus the reward you got from clearing all memory doors. The game did warn you this battle was gonna be the roughest.

XainZero posted:

You want to bring revival spells to this fight in case of one of your party members gets isolated because of platform destruction. I had no revival spells so I had only 3 people alive during the last phase of the fight. The final boss theme is real good. Very different from SC's.

I assume the one who bit it was Ries? Because if not, her revival/healing craft works from a distance even if you lack thelas/athelas.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Sep 19, 2017

TheWhaler
Nov 6, 2009
I thought this boss was pretty easy and kinda anticlimactic on Hard, I found Cassius and the final arena a lot more difficult since they're fast enough + have enough aoe so that you can't just spam earth wall.

Animus Mundi is a lot slower than Cassius or Schwarzritter (or maybe it just felt that way since my whole team had onyx gems and were buffed), and it gives you plenty of time to buff your party up before doing anything. I brought Richard and Olivier, buffed up and had popped Grail Sphere before the first attack, then just force-fed Ries basically all the zeram powder/capsules I got in the game to clear the towers.

Once the towers were down it was totally the Richard show - he basically soloed Animus Mundi while Kevin was on permanent earth walk duty, Ries on secondary earth wall duty, and Olivier dealt with the summons (and if he had nothing to do had a third cast of earth wall handy). The boss doesn't move fast enough to get through the Earth Wall spam against Kevin with a time gem, onyx gem and fools emblem.

The only time I ended up taking damage was, like a few others have mentioned, when I let didn't earth guard Ries for his big attack because I was getting pretty bored and curious.

Richard is just so much fun to use, I had double gladiator belts AND soul quartz and he was still burning through the CP like it was nothing :allears:.

I know it's not technically the end yet, but thanks for doing the LP Really Pants, I don't comment much but it's been great reliving the moments. Now we just have to wait until Cold Steel III...

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

It was, in fact, Ries who died.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

XainZero posted:

It was, in fact, Ries who died.

you should have been more Riesponsible

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Holding... heart... together...
Must... not... cry...

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

:smith:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
And, uh... how are they going to get down from there?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Glazius posted:

Celeste?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Glazius posted:

Very carefully.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Glazius posted:

My money is on Deus Ex Cassius.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Glazius posted:

Well, there were stairs.

I know I said Estelle and Joshua aren't the main characters but that doesn't mean they don't steal the show sometimes

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

So that Johhny-come-lately Kevin thinks he can just waltz in and become protagonist of MY video game series? well, we're gonna show him what we think of that, right guys?

Heck yeah.

gently caress EM UP ESTELLE

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Not ashamed to say I cried. This was the goodbye TITS needed, not like how it was done in SC.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...what did Olivert ask Schera?

...Oh my Aidios he totally proposed to her didn't he.

But yeah, a good, bittersweet goodbye. And I love it.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
And Anelace had to ruin it by calling Agate Tita's boy toy. I know she's joking but UGGGHHH.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I got 1000 Mira that says Cassius plans on adopting everyone from Ouroboros so he can have the ultimate crime family

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I got 1000 Mira that says Cassius plans on adopting everyone from Ouroboros so he can have the ultimate crime family

The Grandmaster is Estelle's mother and this whole series is a huge convoluted "trying to get the kids after a divorce" between Cassius and her with the kids being the enforcers.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Bestelle has to show Kevin how it's done one last time.

In a way, this ending is kinda meta too, since the player also says goodbye to this cast of characters, not knowing when or whether he/she'll ever get to see any of them again. (well, obviously many of them appear in future arcs, but that's reading ahead)

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The ending, and in particular Estelle and Joshua's farewell to Renne, is certainly the highlight of this game. Masterful buildup and execution.

This series thus far has been a never ending cycle of Finish game->"Give me the next game now"->Wait patiently for next game->It finally came out, yes!->Finish game->"Give me the next game now" and so on. Can't imagine what it was like for the Japanese when this game came out and there was no clear direction going forward for how these many, many plot threads would resolve. I suppose CS2 is kinda sorta that for English speakers but certainly not to that extent. For my part I'm glad that for Zero and Ao that there are solid fan translation efforts in development in the worst-case scenario that XSeed can't localize them themselves.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Erpy posted:

(well, obviously many of them appear in future arcs, but that's reading ahead)

Not together though. Never again together. Even if we'll meet some of them again in future arcs the Trails in the Sky cast is now officially disbanded.

We might meet the martial artist formerly known as Zane Zin again in the Calvard arc, or Olivert in the Erebonia games, and I really want a Trails of Cute Justice game, but it's the final time we'll get to see this particular grouping.

And it's an AWESOME farewell with Estelle being, as her usual, the best.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

I missed so many updates. :eyepop:

drat OSHA thread stealing my attention. :argh:

I loved the ending for the 3rd. It was nice seeing everyone off, and Mueller's comments especially made me interested in what would happen in CS (which didn't disappoint, mind you.)

One thing I noticed when reading through the fights - is Renne the only one who doesn't make angry eyebrows in her S-Break cutaway thing (whatever that's called?) Noticing that was actually kinda creepy, but also very in character - "I'm not angry, I'm enjoying killing you."

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Thanks Really Pants for LPing these games (well 2/3 of them).

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
God that was a great ending. I'm not gonna lie, I started crying during it, these games are super well written and it's great seeing them really picking up steam on this side of the world.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

One thing I noticed when reading through the fights - is Renne the only one who doesn't make angry eyebrows in her S-Break cutaway thing (whatever that's called?) Noticing that was actually kinda creepy, but also very in character - "I'm not angry, I'm enjoying killing you."

Joshua had the same "dull eyes of emptiness" in his cut-away in FC, before he got better. It was the same kind of hint that something was broken about this character.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That was a much better ending than we got in SC. Thanks for the LP.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
There's one more update to come, actually.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The game where THAT particular plot thread gets resolved isn't even out in English yet.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Ein was literally facepalming there. :allears:

Anyway, good job on finishing the LP.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Great job with the LP, and thanks!

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

:cheers: on finishing a second Trails LP!

It was enjoyable seeing what someone else did differently from me, and of course, all the poo poo I missed.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

A delightful LP for what is currently my favorite game ever. I must have cried at least 3 times during the ending.

I really hope as many people as possible get to see your LP, and then try the game.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Congrats on finishing the LP. It was fun reading it and made me realize Orbal Gear Tita is a monster that I need to use if I ever play through the game again.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:cheers:
Trails in the sky indeed.

Thanks to Cake Attack and Really Pants for their LPs and thanks to Falcom for this delightful series.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Hooray for completed LP's of neato games!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Thanks for all of this, guys. We'll see you somewhere! Maybe in Crossbell, maybe in Erebonia, maybe in Calvard. Who knows where Aidos will take us.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks for a great LP! :) It's been good fun getting to zoom through this game again and see everyone talking about it, even so soon after I'd played it myself. While I'm not entirely sure if I'd rank this game #1 or #2 in the (available in English) Trails series, it definitely had the best ending of the lot so far, I reckon. Here's hoping for Crossbell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Junpei posted:

Thanks for all of this, guys. We'll see you somewhere! Maybe in Crossbell, maybe in Erebonia, maybe in Calvard. Who knows where Aidos will take us.

Yeah, maybe we'll even meet in Gagharv.

• Locked thread