Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Droyer posted:

TFW you'll never get a total eclipse.
Tfw God Hand-sempai won't notice you

E: oh what a snipe

Oh poo poo wrong thread. This was supposed to follow that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Firstborn posted:

Hoping for 0 titty monsters today, and the floor not being replaced with screaming faces would be a plus

Too bad you're getting penis monsters.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Beelerzebub posted:

Don Trump is gonna use his behelit today. I guarantee it.

Egg of the douche

Radish posted:

Didn't that book basically inspire "Toward the Terra?

Possibly? Never heard of it. I can see it inspiring a lot of genre fiction TBH. I get heavy Star Trek vibes because the slan are basically Vulcans/Data/Seven of Nine - humans, but better

Shugojin posted:

Of the ones I have read, Ubik is probably the weirdest.

So what's that about?

Ubikatey?

Nebakenezzer fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 21, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Donnie would have to sacrifice Ivanka, because the God Hands wouldn't be satisfied with Tiffany, Don Jr. or Eric. Barron will be spared from the festival, and will grow up to be like Rickert after catching a glimpse of his apostle-dad eating journalists from CNN.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the only person that dude cares about is himself, so he'd have to sacrifice himself

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Josuke Higashikata posted:

the only person that dude cares about is himself, so he'd have to sacrifice himself

Griffith ultimately cared only about himself, that's why he took the deal in the first place.

Either way, Trump would have to sacrifice Mar a Lago and Trump Tower NY.

I'd say Putin too, but I'm pretty sure he's also an Apostle.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Beelerzebub posted:

Don Trump is gonna use his behelit today. I guarantee it.

Is it that time again?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Wow Guts way to gently caress up your eye by staring directly at an eclipse without protection

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

U-DO Burger posted:

Wow Guts way to gently caress up your eye by staring directly at an eclipse without protection

He was already blind in one eye before it got hosed up.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Shugojin posted:

Of the ones I have read, Ubik is probably the weirdest.

That's just Phillip K. Dick in general really and it only gets stronger from there. Ubik is pretty weird, VALIS is straight-up crazy town.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

U-DO Burger posted:

Its during totality he will be fine. Well accept for the rending and tearing of flesh, and the rape, and all his friends dying. Yeah totally fine. :stonklol:

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
He still has three limbs, one can now be mounted with a small arm cannon, he has one good eye with no apparent loss of depth perception, Rickert is alive and well, Griffith is alive in his true form, the form that enchanted Guts in the first place, his true friend (I was just a small pebble in your path, you'll get up and walk again), he didn't get raped, and now he has a lady companion that doesn't talk back (even though she puts up a fuss every now and then, it's nothing like the noise he had to endure in his first three years with the Hawks). He even smiles and laughs now and again. He's stronger, faster. Things are looking up!

And they call me the pessimist, sheesh. :munch:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:yikes:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Nebakenezzer posted:

So what's that about?

Ubikatey?

I think that was the book where they'd freeze the dying on their deathbed and revive/defrost them every so often to chat about how things are going in the world. Mind you, it was through a device that stimulated the brain only and you spoke into a phone receiver or something. You get a limited amount of defrosts as the brain deteriorates each defrost as the person was dying at the time of suspension. Oh, and it's expensive.

The mystery of what Ubik itself is is the central plot of the book. But you should always have it on hand.

Fake Edit: Checked Wiki for a few sentences, looks like I had the right book in mind.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
So have you guys seen these yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTuExa_gEkU

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I <3 Berserk: Bad hiatus dream

I <3 Berserk: Eclipse now, put your grasses on

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

I <3 Berserk: Eclipse now, put your grasses on

:kiss:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Zaphod42 posted:

IN A WORLD full of death, one man would sacrifice everything in order to achieve his dreams.

BERSERK. Coming to theaters this fall.

Is it safe to assume? Apostles are dudes from earth. During the eclipse it seemed like there were a poo poo ton of demons just chilling in the not-reality space that the godhand exist in. Non-human demons.

I could be wrong though. Could be those demons were all the apostles from like years and years and years built up.

They were all there for The Gathering of the JuggalosApostles and that was Lake Syphilis.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

skasion posted:

To be fair to GOT, it may be racy and violent but it has not (yet) had any scenes of demonic orgies, one main character raping another full frontal, nude preteens, or a ten year old boy being sodomized onscreen. I guess what I'm saying is give HBO twenty years and they'll probably be all over it

Yeah, this is kind of more Starz's lane than HBO.

e: between Spartacus and American Gods, pretty much nothing in Berserk would be particularly new to them. :v:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I just want them to use old school effects in-so-far as to make sure the actors actually look like they know what they're fighting and it isn't just green screen flailing about.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ow.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
When one has a small... ahem, it's easier to probe the prostate with a clear view. After all, he did say they were basically married for that year.

No wonder it takes so long to release a chapter. Research.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

you guys don't have those hanging around the house? weird.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

FIXED:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

you just know that somewhere in the middle of the ocean, guts was chilling on the boat and he got this huge swell of pride when that happened

his brain sayin "Rickert is my boi"

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So, this winter some time? Anyone have the month?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Probably around when season 3 is revealed.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Did the game sell well enough for them to try something more along its lines? Can I dare hope for Yakuza Team making Kiryu Guts?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Crabtree posted:

Did the game sell well enough for them to try something more along its lines? Can I dare hope for Yakuza Team making Kiryu Guts?

Stop. My penis can only get so erect.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Beelerzebub posted:

Stop. My penis can only get so erect.

Majima Puck and/or Zodd.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Nah, Majima as Guts. Kiryu as Ricket.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Fine, have your Guts that sings GET to the Top/24 Hour Cinderella as the OP.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nishikiyama would be a good Gorffisu

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Crabtree posted:

Majima Puck and/or Zodd.

Sploosh (only with semen).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

splash?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Uhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/910190515232165888

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/interest/2017-09-19/berserk-creator-reveals-he-based-band-of-the-hawk-on-high-school-friendship/.121503

What the gently caress happened to Miura in high school?

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
miura is obviously griffith