Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

MacheteZombie posted:

I went back in thread to read the press release and it's worded as limited edition packaging so hopefully the movie will be stocked full time after the slips covers or w/e are gone.

This was my assumption as well, but I was hoping you or anyone else heard officially what they're doing. If you happen to see the pre-order go up would you mind dropping it in the thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Target has a double feature of The Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 for :10bux:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

This was my assumption as well, but I was hoping you or anyone else heard officially what they're doing. If you happen to see the pre-order go up would you mind dropping it in the thread?

For sure.

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe

Egbert Souse posted:

Target has a double feature of The Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 for :10bux:

Is it the Lionsgate 25th anniversary Evil Dead II though? 'Cause that's the one to get.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think it is.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Steen71 posted:

Is it the Lionsgate 25th anniversary Evil Dead II though? 'Cause that's the one to get.

Seems like it - there's a lot of extras on the disc and it has Lionsgate branding. The Evil Dead is bare-bones except for a commentary, but I think only a limited edition with extras on a DVD was available.

I guess I need to pick up Army of Darkness while I'm at it.

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe

Egbert Souse posted:

The Evil Dead is bare-bones except for a commentary, but I think only a limited edition with extras on a DVD was available.

Speaking of holding on to DVDs, the BD has a new commentary with Raimi, Tappert, and Campbell together, while the DVD had two tracks: One with Raimi and Tappert, and one with Campbell alone. They're all excellent.

I bought that new 4K restoration of Army of Darkness too, and while it looks fantastic, I don't think it holds up nearly as well as the two Evil Deads. But obviously one should own them all.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone pick up the 4K ET? Any reason to get

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

Anyone pick up the 4K ET? Any reason to get

I keep meaning to get the Spielberg box set since Jaws is the only one I have already. I'd assume the UHD is from the same 4K restoration as the regular Blu-ray.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

October Warner Archive:

Oct. 3
Superman: The Movie (Extended 188 min. Television Cut) - newly remastered in HD, includes the 2000 "special edition" cut on second disc.
The Hidden (1987)
The Sea Wolf (1941) - New 4K restoration of original uncut version

Oct. 10
The Green Slime (1968)

Oct. 24
Night School (1981) - new 4K transfer
Hell on Frisco Bay (1955)

Oct. 31
Scarecrow (1973)

Also, MVD is releasing a new 4K restoration of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes on Jan. 23

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 19, 2017

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Egbert Souse posted:

October Warner Archive:

Oct. 3
Superman: The Movie (Extended 188 min. Television Cut) - newly remastered in HD, includes the 2000 "special edition" cut on second disc.
How different is this from the 150+ minute Expanded Cut from the anthology set?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How different is this from the 150+ minute Expanded Cut from the anthology set?

When the '78 film premiered on ABC, it spread over two nights thanks to the Salkinds having a re-edit made that pretty much put in all the scenes deleted from the final cut. The 2000 special edition added back some of the scenes, but not all.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Egbert Souse posted:

October Warner Archive:

Oct. 10
The Green Slime (1968)

Put it in me.

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe
DVD Beaver's review of The Legend of the Holy Drinker is up, and it looks spectacular as one would expect of Arrow working with a brand new 4K restoration. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

If you're not familiar with Ermanno Olmi, this is a good place to start. The Tree of Wooden Clogs is probably his most famous film, but three hours of Italian neo-realism can be daunting, I suppose. I Fidanzati might be found of Hulu (I don't have access, so I'm not sure). What I'm saying is see everything by Olmi.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Steen71 posted:

If you're not familiar with Ermanno Olmi, this is a good place to start. The Tree of Wooden Clogs is probably his most famous film, but three hours of Italian neo-realism can be daunting, I suppose. I Fidanzati might be found of Hulu (I don't have access, so I'm not sure). What I'm saying is see everything by Olmi.
Those two films (and Il Posto) are on Filmstruck.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I've been finding myself looking for updates on VS's Liquid Sky release almost hourly the last few days.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

I've been finding myself looking for updates on VS's Liquid Sky release almost hourly the last few days.

I don't do Facebook, so someone else will need to do that, but if they send me an email, I'll keep you guys informed :shrug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't do Facebook, so someone else will need to do that, but if they send me an email, I'll keep you guys informed :shrug:

I'm signed up for their newsletter and follow them on twitter. Hasn't stopped me from checking other places in anticipation

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

There's no updates on Facebook.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've got an extra code for Game of Thrones Season 6. Longshot, but does anyone happen to have a season 1 code they'd be willing to trade for it? It's the only one that I got before HBO started putting digital copies in with all their poo poo so it's all I don't have on iTunes.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Wal Marts seasonal blurays are out. Wish they had more different ones from last year.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Boinks posted:

Wal Marts seasonal blurays are out. Wish they had more different ones from last year.

Is that Killer Klowns from Outer Space?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I Before E posted:

Is that Killer Klowns from Outer Space?

Yeah on the right. Poltergeist on the left.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Boinks posted:

What is going on with that Young Frankenstein cover. It looks like someone spraypainted a dia de los muertos skull all over Peter Boyle's face.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

ruddiger posted:

What is going on with that Young Frankenstein cover. It looks like someone spraypainted a dia de los muertos skull all over Peter Boyle's face.

That's the point. It's an exclusive cover, they do new ones every year. The normal cover art is still underneath.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The covers are done by Orlando Arocena. Here's a collage of all of them. Some of them are okay and wished these covers were not just a slip of card stock glued on top.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Liar Lyre posted:

The covers are done by Orlando Arocena. Here's a collage of all of them. Some of them are okay and wished these covers were not just a slip of card stock glued on top.

Any information on the quality of the blus themselves?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Iron Crowned posted:

Any information on the quality of the blus themselves?

As far as I know, it's the same old releases from years ago. The only difference is the new "covers".

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Why is covers in scare quotes?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Alec Eiffel posted:

Why is covers in scare quotes?

The cover is literally a piece of carboard glued on top of the case. So underneath the new cover for Killer Klowns is this.

Well, at least that's what it looks like. I'm just assuming from the picture provided and the fact they've done this a lot lately.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Liar Lyre posted:

Are those all $5 a pop at Walmart? If so, I might have to grab a few that I don't already have in the collection.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Those are specially what I avoid when it comes to covers.

They're usually really bad Blu Rays with nothing on them.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want Return of the Living Dead so I'm down wish that movie would get a awesome like Arrow release

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Are those all $5 a pop at Walmart? If so, I might have to grab a few that I don't already have in the collection.

The DVDS are $5, Blu Rays are $7.

None of them are barebones afaik.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

I want Return of the Living Dead so I'm down wish that movie would get a awesome like Arrow release

It has a shout factory release that's supposed to be good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Isn't Killer Klowns getting an Arrow release too?

In other news, I know the weather seems to want to kill the East Coast, but Phoenix is actually getting nice again. I don't melt into a puddle when walking outside anymore.

Edit: I posted this thinking it was genchat.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 21, 2017

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

business hammocks posted:

It has a shout factory release that's supposed to be good.

It is

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Detective No. 27 posted:

Isn't Killer Klowns getting an Arrow release too?

In other news, I know the weather seems to want to kill the East Coast, but Phoenix is actually getting nice again. I don't melt into a puddle when walking outside anymore.
Oh poo poo, another Phoenix goon?
Yeah the weather is getting nice, but I hope you're ready for snowbirds clogging up the freeways for the next 6 months! :suicide:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh how I hate snowbirds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

These are godawful.

• Locked thread