Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like Lucky's truck because it's shiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Atmus posted:

I think the biggest piece of nonsense here is Lucky's truck.

It's obviously an 82-86 F-series truck, but I have several problems with it's depicted modifications.
First of all, the rear side windows in the extended cab units for these years had a decorative panel covering parts of them which despite hindering visibility helped keep rainwater from getting through the seal and rusting the sheet metal.
Second, the front differential is on the wrong side. The transfer cases that Ford used for these years would have the front output on the driver's side, not the passengers. While it is certain that this truck benefited from a front axle swap, it could not have been completed in this fashion without a transfer case swap, which would have necessitated at the very least a transmission to transfer case adapter, rerouting of the exhaust system, and the various hangers and supports needed to accommodate all of that.
Thirdly, the cab and bed combination depicted was not readily available on the F-350 models. While lucky would have had to forgo the 'extended' part of the extended cab (or move up to a crew cab), he would have had the proper solid front axle all ready to go and could have focused his efforts on the lift and the engine. The 4wd F-150 and F-250 models all used Ford's Twin Traction beam front axles, which was an early attempt at having independent front suspension on their trucks. The system had pros and cons, but are easily converted to a more traditional solid front axle from a donor F-350, which again, would have the differential on the other side.

drat you, Mike Judge! I spit on your truck of lies!

I sincerely wish I knew you in rl so you could help me with my 87 f150.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I like Lucky's truck because it's shiny

I call it "pretty pretty truck truck!"

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

...and the pitch! posted:

Boomhauer's lucid line about how he can't get through this article about classic Camaros cracks me up.
Legit the reason why Boomhauer became my favourite character, what an amazing episode that was.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

I sincerely wish I knew you in rl so you could help me with my 87 f150.

You don't happen to be anywhere near Denver, Colorado?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Atmus posted:

You don't happen to be anywhere near Denver, Colorado?

Nah I'm near Seattle. I do have a pretty good affordable mechanic for Ol Crabby but he doesn't quite have the same ... enthusiasm... you seem to have.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

LingcodKilla posted:

Nah I'm near Seattle. I do have a pretty good affordable mechanic for Ol Crabby but he doesn't quite have the same ... enthusiasm... you seem to have.

Let's just make this the handyman success story thread.

Last night I successfully snaked my bathtub drain and it works like new after giving me trouble for a while. I felt like Hank Hill

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Atmus posted:

I think the biggest piece of nonsense here is Lucky's truck.

It's obviously an 82-86 F-series truck, but I have several problems with it's depicted modifications.
First of all, the rear side windows in the extended cab units for these years had a decorative panel covering parts of them which despite hindering visibility helped keep rainwater from getting through the seal and rusting the sheet metal.
Second, the front differential is on the wrong side. The transfer cases that Ford used for these years would have the front output on the driver's side, not the passengers. While it is certain that this truck benefited from a front axle swap, it could not have been completed in this fashion without a transfer case swap, which would have necessitated at the very least a transmission to transfer case adapter, rerouting of the exhaust system, and the various hangers and supports needed to accommodate all of that.
Thirdly, the cab and bed combination depicted was not readily available on the F-350 models. While lucky would have had to forgo the 'extended' part of the extended cab (or move up to a crew cab), he would have had the proper solid front axle all ready to go and could have focused his efforts on the lift and the engine. The 4wd F-150 and F-250 models all used Ford's Twin Traction beam front axles, which was an early attempt at having independent front suspension on their trucks. The system had pros and cons, but are easily converted to a more traditional solid front axle from a donor F-350, which again, would have the differential on the other side.

drat you, Mike Judge! I spit on your truck of lies!

Hank would be proud

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:sbahj:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

:perfect:

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

What's Hank's butt in this analogy?
Since he moons, I think it was a Texas Senator during a talk in a glass elevator.

EDIT: Governor.

Malek fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 21, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Malek posted:

What's Hank's butt in this analogy?
Since he moons, I think it was a Texas Senator during a talk in a glass elevator.

That was former Governor Anne Richards! :cmon:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Anne Richards and Bill hosed think about that for a minute

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

lol tid pao steals principal moss's mug

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Maybe she's an excellent principal in her own right. You don't know.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Dang ol'...pretty pretty post.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
The monologue even fits the facial expressions. That's some pretty good work there, I tell you what.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I love that you captured Hank both rolling his eyes and checking his watch

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

this is incredibly good

naem
May 29, 2011

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Dale, you giblet head.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Dale, I have proven I can kick your rear end while standing on a ladder

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i rewatched the driver's ed episode and i love that peggy sets an egg timer before she bothers to talk to bobby.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bobby only asked her for a minute

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i rewatched the driver's ed episode and i love that peggy sets an egg timer before she bothers to talk to bobby.

i have no loving memory of this episode which is exciting

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
:nsavince:

:five:

goldmine this poo poo now, it is exceptional.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
He is slipping on pee-pee in heaven now

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Godammit. Can't get away from that awful news.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Osh-KYy4Cw

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45hM7iAkjk8

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that's a long-winded joke to write for like ten frames of animation

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
But it doesn't tell us what this snowball "effect" is.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

It has something to do with something to do with Chuck Chillout and ultraviolence.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Did Peggy write that article?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Wrapping up my rewatch of s3 and I love that Dale plays outfield so that he's in a position to use his talent for rapidly climbing fences. Writing on these old seasons is so good.

Rip Tom, I try to guess the stinger line at the end of every episode and even though I've watched the series at least twice through the only one I haven't ever gotten correct is "peepee money is not an employment history"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

gently caress, I didn't even put that together.

Your finest work, rip Tom.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Strudel Man posted:

Peggy wrote the article.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Did Peggy write that article?

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Milo and POTUS posted: