Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If anyone else enjoyed playing Throgg and a mass troll army, ogre kingdoms will be right up your alley

Just give some of the trolls cannons that blast you with before running up and hitting you in the face with it and you're pretty much there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
SEGA is dumb, a lot, and I wonder if someone said "put in china team and sell game to china, big money"

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Fans posted:

They said this is going to be a trilogy but who's really left for game 3? Not sure you can really finish this with the races barely anyone cares about

People care about the the like, 6 different kinds of Chaos which are not represented in the current game.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Southpaugh posted:

People care about the the like, 6 different kinds of Chaos which are not represented in the current game.

This is a good point! I've somehow forgot there's only one demon in the game so far

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Third World Reggin posted:

SEGA is dumb, a lot, and I wonder if someone said "put in china team and sell game to china, big money"

I mean, given the region the third game takes place in, if there was an impassable black void in Cathay that would be even weirder. You kind of need fantasy China to work in a war game about Fantasy East Asia.

Also the game will still be banned in china because it depicts ghosts and skeletons in a way that they can't easily handwave away, which is a big no-no for CCP's media censors.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Fans posted:

This is a good point! I've somehow forgot there's only one demon in the game so far

The original leaked roadmap for game III was that the four base factions would each be one of the Chaos god factions. They've diverged from it a bit (it was accurate until Beastmen, but Skaven were originally a game 1 DLC race for instance) so who knows if that's still the plan.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

DeathSandwich posted:

I mean, given the region the third game takes place in, if there was an impassable black void in Cathay that would be even weirder. You kind of need fantasy China to work in a war game about Fantasy East Asia.

Also the game will still be banned in china because it depicts ghosts and skeletons in a way that they can't easily handwave away, which is a big no-no for CCP's media censors.

I'm pretty sure Total Warhams is available in China, why bother with the Chinese translation if not?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tardcore posted:

I'm pretty sure Total Warhams is available in China, why bother with the Chinese translation if not?

There are people who speak and read Chinese as their primary language outside China fyi.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

taiwan #1

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

now I need to know if not china in warhammer has not taiwan

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

now I need to know if not china in warhammer has not taiwan

I'm more interested in not hong kong

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Nippon, Albion, Araby, and Cathay are all minor elements of the world as well.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Boon posted:

Nippon, Albion, Araby, and Cathay are all minor elements of the world as well.

Still extremely excited about the prospect of Araby getting fleshed out

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Cythereal posted:

Or Tomb Kings.

Tomb Kings and Daemons are confirmed because the end goal is to have all 8th edition army books in the game. I'd wager that Ogre Kingdoms, Daemons and Tomb Kings will be the core factions of Warhammer the Third.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Southpaugh posted:

I doubt people who aren't already warhammer fans cares about that, and the warhammer fans will buy the game no matter what.

The lack of marketable races in game 3 is a bit of an issue for CA imo. I know that people like to poo poo on elves in this thread but I think them being in the second game is a big deal since it's something the non-grognard can recognize when they see them. "hey, it's those lotr dudes!" etc.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

Tomb Kings and Daemons are confirmed because the end goal is to have all 8th edition army books in the game. I'd wager that Ogre Kingdoms, Daemons and Tomb Kings will be the core factions of Warhammer the Third.
I'm banking on Tomb Kings being a DLC race for Warhammer II. Their part of the world is included in the new map and it's held by some placeholder Strigoi vampire bullshit.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Going through this now

http://warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot.com/

so when end times happened, some people felt like they should retcon that and update army lists

what kind of army lists?

Hobgoblins
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Redi9cZJ5iVkp3TmQybmJOQjA/view

Cathay
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Redi9cZJ5iQm9rcWxLZXlQWVE/view

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

it would be cool if it was actually Cao Cao leading Warhammer China

edit: lol all the pictures are guys from dynasty warriors

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Honestly, the smartest thing for CA to do is to make Cathay and Asian themes in general a heavy focus of TW:W3, and just bill it as tw: fantasy shogun.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Every now and then I have to step back a bit and appreciate just what a huge and ambitious project the whole warhams total war thing is. It's ridiculous! Even if it all sort of teeters over by the third game and humungous final map it still looks like at least two amazing campaign maps overall in 1 and 2 which is already a great success.

If they pull off their final ambitions this will be insane.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

that is the best part

I am still waiting for someone to say they are ripping off something else and that isn't warhammer at all

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Gonna re-read Romance of the Three Kingdoms so hard.

Also, Lu Bu is a RoR lord

NLJP posted:

Every now and then I have to step back a bit and appreciate just what a huge and ambitious project the whole warhams total war thing is. It's ridiculous! Even if it all sort of teeters over by the third game and humungous final map it still looks like at least two amazing campaign maps overall in 1 and 2 which is already a great success.

If they pull off their final ambitions this will be insane.

Agreed, it's easily be the best GW game ever made, and probably the best strategic game ever made.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Other things on warhammer armies project

albion
amazons
chaos dwarves
araby
cult of ulric
estalia
halflings
kingdom of ind
kislev
nippon
pirates of sartosa
dogs of war
ogres

I mean I think it would be a bit neat to see a smaller dlc for cult of ulric, but CA has a lot of their work for finding smaller factions to add done for them

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Since there would only be a few major factions left by the time they get to part 3, they could probably redirect their efforts toward all those various factions like Cathay, Araby, etc. Give those factions a few unique units/buildings/traits, reskin empire units to have the clothing/armor, add a bunch of legendary lords for all the little subfactions and you have a grand campaign where there would be like 50 possible campaigns with unique starting points and lords. The replay value would be enormous. You could be Chaos and burn the world down, or settle for running a Border Prince East India company trading with friendly dwarves and high elves while finding off Vampire and dark elf pirates.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If someone just made the Romance of the Three Kingdoms but also with more explosions and plopped that down as a Warhams faction I would be all over it.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The real question about game three is what model do they use for the Keeper of Secrets?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean let's be real, didn't Romance of the Three Kingdoms have a guy who made fun of some dude so hard his heart exploded?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Panfilo posted:

Since there would only be a few major factions left by the time they get to part 3, they could probably redirect their efforts toward all those various factions like Cathay, Araby, etc. Give those factions a few unique units/buildings/traits, reskin empire units to have the clothing/armor, add a bunch of legendary lords for all the little subfactions and you have a grand campaign where there would be like 50 possible campaigns with unique starting points and lords. The replay value would be enormous. You could be Chaos and burn the world down, or settle for running a Border Prince East India company trading with friendly dwarves and high elves while finding off Vampire and dark elf pirates.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts Araby is going to be in game 2, probably as FreeLC released side by side with Tomb Kings. There's a big gaping hole in the southlands right now where both are suppose to be and they are filled with Brettonians and Vampire Counts as of this moment, and there's really not a whole lot going on around that section of the game 2 world map for other primary factions.

Have the two LLs be Settra the Imperishable and High Queen Khalida as their legendary lords. Give Khalida the traditional starting location and task her with genociding all those sabertoothed fuckers currently in Tomb Kings land before working her way out and start Settra somewhere else, framing it as going on a kill-crazy crusade to get poo poo back that pirates stole while he was sleeping and start him in Lustria near some corsair faction kind of close to Skrolk or up in Dark Elf territory looking to rumble with some Dark Elf raiders.

Edit: As a fun logic experiment - What could the CA devs do with Ind in game 3 that would set them apart from a generic human faction. I see Araby being very light/camel cav focused with lots of free company style skirmishers. Cathay/Nippon would be more of a Total War Shogun faction feel to them, but I have trouble placing Ind because I don't really know what sort of historic military units they would base an Ind faction off of. My best guess would be more of a medium/heavy armor Immortals-styled army with elephant cavalry and lots of chariots.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 20, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Slaanesh ie the multiboob faction

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

DeathSandwich posted:

Have the two LLs be Settra the Imperishable and High Queen Khalida as their legendary lords. Give Khalida the traditional starting location and task her with genociding all those sabertoothed fuckers currently in Tomb Kings land before working her way out and start Settra somewhere else, framing it as going on a kill-crazy crusade to get poo poo back that pirates stole while he was sleeping and start him in Lustria near some corsair faction kind of close to Skrolk or up in Dark Elf territory looking to rumble with some Dark Elf raiders.

Arkhan the Black or bust

:colbert:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Do Tomb Kings have any particularly anti-vampire abilities? It would be cool if Tomb Kings were good at turbofucking any dirty vampires they encounter since they hate them.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Night10194 posted:

I mean let's be real, didn't Romance of the Three Kingdoms have a guy who made fun of some dude so hard his heart exploded?

All I'm asking for is a warhams Cao Cao.

"Now that this long negotiation about the terms of my army's surrender is complete, I have one last thing to say:
We've been talking long enough for the sun to start shining into your army's eyes.
Sucker."

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Panfilo posted:

Do Tomb Kings have any particularly anti-vampire abilities? It would be cool if Tomb Kings were good at turbofucking any dirty vampires they encounter since they hate them.

Not specifically so outside of eternal hatred beyond which you cannot imagine. Khalida on the tabletop turbobuffs archers in her army to be some of the most potent shooting in the game. Compared to VC expect less monster focus in exchange wider troop selection, considering they have access to archers that are still ok without Khalida and skull catapults. Probably less regeneration across the board, tougher infantry in general, and maybe slightly more leadership before crumbling starts.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

DLC factions will be getting four LLs from now on.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Ironically not really, Queen Khalida has Hatred against them, but in the End Times updates the Tomb Kings got conquered by Nagash and from then on were part of a united Undead Legion so anything they had would've been moot.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Pursue Archaon?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Ironically not really, Queen Khalida has Hatred against them, but in the End Times updates the Tomb Kings got conquered by Nagash and from then on were part of a united Undead Legion so anything they had would've been moot.

I was wondering about the possibility of Nagash in game 3, either as a playable faction or an endgame threat. But would he have any unique troops of his own, or just a combined VC and Tomb Kings roster? Would be kind of bland if the latter.

I wonder what the "experiment" is. Ratling guns and warplock jezzails?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
When Ogre Kingdoms show up, I sure do hope CA includes rogue armies of Gnoblars running around.

Seriously, playing with that doofy White Dwarf army-list was some of the most fun I had with WHFB, even if they were terrible at everything.

Edit: I get the feeling "An experiment" is a bit more than adding in a few more units. Maybe a new game mode, or some kind of player driven event or the like.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 20, 2017

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

William Bear posted:

I was wondering about the possibility of Nagash in game 3, either as a playable faction or an endgame threat. But would he have any unique troops of his own, or just a combined VC and Tomb Kings roster? Would be kind of bland if the latter.

I wonder what the "experiment" is. Ratling guns and warplock jezzails?

It would fit, but I think they'd go with a more straightforward "new unit" if that was the case. I am thinking it might be something that hasn't been done before in the series. Legendary Heroes? Mercenary/rogue armies you can hire (alongside a Southern Realms DLC)? The fabled ability to respec generals?

[edit] That too ^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

William Bear posted:

He had a couple of unique units of slow flying monstrous infantry during the End Times, but nothing really beyond that. They were the same models just with slightly different equipment.

They've got a neat bone demon look.

• Locked thread