Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the central thesis of KSBD remains, as always
D E H U M A N I Z E
Y O U R S E L F
A N D F A C E T O
B L O O D S H E D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

paranoid randroid posted:

the central thesis of KSBD remains, as always
D E H U M A N I Z E
Y O U R S E L F
A N D F A C E T O
B L O O D S H E D

FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

PMush Perfect posted:

FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL
or, you know, just take the bus

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

KSBD RPG is not so much Dungeon World as it is a heavily modified PbtA.

I still need to play it. I sat in on the playtests but I was at work so I couldn't do much more than catch snippets.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

lol.

I mean, what you're saying is gonna end up being sorta true/validated in hindsight (in the sense that her decisions will be retroactively justified as non-fatal and likely successful at accomplishing her long-term goals), but, as someone in that situation without the knowledge that you're the protagonist of a story that almost certainly isn't gonna die, just blindly charging into situations without knowing anything is pretty obviously not a smart thing to do. It's excusable with the Mammon thing, because she actually did get help there and she didn't really have any choice but to go there if she wants to accomplish her goal of freeing Zaid, but she didn't even bother asking about the Mottom stuff first, and the fact things ended up okay at all was complete and utter luck. In fact, she literally only ended up surviving because Cio decided to try and save her; at the very least she could have said beforehand "look, I'm going to Mottom whether you like it or not, do you have any ideas less likely to get me killed?", and even if Cio didn't have any ideas (which is likely, since there really weren't many alternative options) she'd at least know beforehand to hang around in case a quick rescue was needed. The drinking game was another good example; there's no way for her to have known that a sorority girl had higher alcohol tolerance than this random demon creature. The Incubus thing was also ill-advised, given that she took his deal before even exploring her other options. I'm not saying she should blindly trust and make friends with others, but it's entirely possible to attempt to work with others to your own benefit while internally remaining skeptical and doubtful towards the people you're interacting with.

I think you're mistakenly interpreting what I'm saying as a criticism of the comic, when it absolutely isn't. The comic owns and Allison's irresponsible behavior makes sense in context*, but that doesn't mean you can't still criticize Allison as a person. I don't want Allison to act differently as a character, because she's more interesting as a flawed character/person, but I can still point out what the flaws in question seem to be. I mean, the author/comic even directly acknowledges that Allison is heavily prone to making terrible decisions.

*Mythology aside, there's some truth to the idea that accomplishing something as extreme as becoming a ruler (from a low initial status) sometimes requires the combination of luck and irresponsible behavior. If the only options you have to accomplish something are ones with low odds, there isn't really any other way.

Allison is being hunted by evil universe-hopping gods (and, by extension, everyone else in the multiverse) with an army of mercenaries hot on her heels, she doesn't know what she's getting into but she also doesn't have time to stop and figure it out if she wants to get anything done before she's enslaved or trepanned. She's been aware of this since Cio's little exposition dump and still doesn't quite grasp how screwed she is if she stops moving to catch her breath (doesn't know about Juggernaut Star, say). Charging headlong into Mottom's palace was a blunder and a product of panic; taking the army she's got and whipping it into something resembling discipline ASAP was just taking command of the situation. I don't think you're criticising the comic, I think you're misunderstanding what is happening in it.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I've been dying to play Broken World forever; managed to get into two Play By Post games here that sputtered out. Currently running an illustrated Hollow Knight game in a VERY modified BW engine that seems to be going well, though.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm dying without my fix

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

The guest art today is really good.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Reene posted:

The guest art today is really good.
wow, it's stunning

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Super impressive.

Also...TIL there's guest art. It's not showing up on the RSS. Maybe I'm still using his tumblr RSS instead of the main site?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Fish Noise posted:

or, you know, just take the bus

https://twitter.com/dril/status/205052027259195393

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41266000

Saw this and thought Operant is ahead of the game with Cio's dialogue.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jormagund posted:

'Ear-rent' is a word that needs to still exist.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i believe they call that emotional labor now

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jormagund posted:

Quacksalver still gets used, it just got shortened to quack.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Most of those words suck poo poo and deserve to have been Cut

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Wait, 'slug-a-bed' is a lost word? I don't use it but I know that I've heard it more than once. Probably from my parents.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Ashcans posted:

Wait, 'slug-a-bed' is a lost word? I don't use it but I know that I've heard it more than once. Probably from my parents.

Or Mr. Burns.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"... and when the carrots are finished, you'll have to Peel Six Billion Lemons"

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Just a thought but I guess it makes sense that Cio assigned Princess to look after Allison, as Princess is the only one who has a vested interest in not killing Allison until after Allison returns her to Black Devil status. The rest are perfectly happy with sniping her if they think they can get away with it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
can't devils just scam their way up the ladder again? I mean, i'm assuming that's how princess did it originally. Unless some dumbass mage is going around minting brand new ebon devils for some reason.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sure, but this way is probably faster.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

can't devils just scam their way up the ladder again? I mean, i'm assuming that's how princess did it originally. Unless some dumbass mage is going around minting brand new ebon devils for some reason.

That's what Princess is doing. The former, hoping for the latter

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
For a second I thought the link said it was a guest strip by Giselle Lagace, and I boggled for a minute.

Although that would be awesome.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

https://heavymag.com.au/killing-six-billion-demons-abaddon/

Abaddon betrays the kickin' rad jacket.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I sure hope he doesn't go with that dumbass hairstyle he previewed a little while ago that looked like a Hitler Youth kind of undercut done by a blind man.

The undercut and side cut are the two plagues on modern hairstyles, and I will not rest until dumbasses stop getting them.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

SunAndSpring posted:

I sure hope he doesn't go with that dumbass hairstyle he previewed a little while ago that looked like a Hitler Youth kind of undercut done by a blind man.

The undercut and side cut are the two plagues on modern hairstyles, and I will not rest until dumbasses stop getting them.

I can't wait for the side cuts to go out of fashion so I can wear one again.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
She should go Mohawk imo

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
shaved heads for everyone

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

the old ceremony posted:

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Sep 22, 2017

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

the old ceremony posted:

like literally shave the entire head off

you don't need it

eyes? distract you from what's real!

ears? filled with lies

brain? pointless nonsense that gets in the way of masterful Cuts

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Mazerunner posted:

like literally shave the entire head off

you don't need it

eyes? distract you from what's real!

ears? filled with lies

brain? pointless nonsense that gets in the way of masterful Cuts

Is this where the book guys get their bodies?

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-7-78/

"Nice."

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Guess it's time to roll the old d∞ and check the Dungeon Feature Tables.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Someone's been watching hellraiser 2 recently, I see

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
I like how aspects of the Chand Baori stepwell made it into the design.

At the same time I think my only disappointment is that one of the orange pillars doesn't further break 3-dimensional geometry by simultaneously having paths go both in front and behind it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wonder who's speaking

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tollymain posted:

wonder who's speaking
Clevin.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
But where does the Clevin go? I'm paralyzed.