Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GenericOverusedName posted:

A nanoboosted Murky making inky sounds absolutely amazing and I hope I get to be that fish

We didn't get to 20 that game, but I have tested it with some buddies in a custom game.

It is the stupidest thing ever. If Ana takes the 20 that gives spell vamp while nanaboosted, then you just don't die. Their only hope is mass disables.

Kith fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I like to call it "laxative mode"

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Sombra will be released early next year to stop the Ana's, and Winston will be released to combat all the stealth/squishies. When Winston is just too much monkey for the game, They'll release Hog/Reaper.

By then, the game will have spiraled out of control as Thrall is reworked for the 18th time for no reason but to somehow fit into Overwatch Meta.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't even know how I feel about stealthies in this game but I would actually really like sombra to be the next one for some reason.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Stealth in and of itself is not a problem. Hell, Stealth and Burst together aren't even a problem. Stealth, Burst, and Misdirection all together is just loving annoying.

Basically Sombra would be totally welcome in my book because I'm cool with Zeratul and Valeera. Nova and Samuro can die in a fire, though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'll admit a big part is that I think that Sombra and Ana are the only OW heroes who look (almost) as cool as WC3 heroes in terms of the quality of their visual design. Never thought the others were all that cool looking.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

WC3 dudes are mostly garbage looking generic fantasy characters IMO. All the other franchises are much better as far as character design goes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sylvanas, Kaelthas, Zul'jin, Rehgar, Brightwing, Stitches, Malf, Illidan, Lunara, Anubarak? These guys are amazing. The only weak models derived from wc3 are imo Falstad and Medivh. I guess the crown prince Arthas models translated poorly as well.

The generic WC ones are Varian, Thrall, arguably Garrosh but those are Wow designs.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 20, 2017

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Medivh is good! Yeah he's heavily derived from his WC3 model, but they have all his abilities down really well, and raven form is dope.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I think the really funny thing is that Warcraft has been around for so long that their unique character designs have become generic

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

lucifirius posted:

Medivh is good! Yeah he's heavily derived from his WC3 model, but they have all his abilities down really well, and raven form is dope.
The abilities are great to amazing, I just mean the way he looks at the most surface visual level possible.

Love the look of the portals though, that he makes mini dark portals is still funny to me.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

No Naga hero yet... such a shame.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Doflamingo posted:

WC3 dudes are mostly garbage looking generic fantasy characters IMO. All the other franchises are much better as far as character design goes.
Are you really prepared to defend Diablo's boring and uninspired angel designs?

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

Gobbeldygook posted:

Counterpoint: Angels are inherently dope and rad.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

von Metternich posted:

Counterpoint: Angels are inherently dope and rad.
They all look the same! :cmon:

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I'd much rather have a low key wizard dude like W3 Medivh than the complete trash that is WoW character design.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Paranoid Peanut posted:

No Naga hero yet... such a shame.

Watch them tap Lady Vashj, but none of her kit has anything to do with her raid encounter, and everyone gets super pissy about it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Watch them tap Lady Vashj, but none of her kit has anything to do with her raid encounter, and everyone gets super pissy about it.

What would that even be? She's invincible unless you kill all her minions?

That doesn't translate at all. Medusa ult where people facing her are slowly turned to stone would be cool.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think Troll Shadow Hunter, Warden, and Naga Sea Witch are the best unused models from WC3 (WC3 visual design was the greatest ever in any game imo, but the TFT heroes were the absolute best of the best). I have to assume we'll get them before... 2022 or so.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 20, 2017

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

I am! Tyrael was the first hero I tried in HotS just because he looked so cool-- I never even played Diablo.

Back to Warcraft I will say that Zuljin and Lunara are very well done so it's not all bad.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Gobbeldygook posted:

They all look the same! :cmon:

thats racist

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
I can think of no angels outside of the Diablo games that look particularly similar to that design.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Seebach posted:

Sombra will be released early next year to stop the Ana's, and Winston will be released to combat all the stealth/squishies. When Winston is just too much monkey for the game, They'll release Hog/Reaper.

By then, the game will have spiraled out of control as Thrall is reworked for the 18th time for no reason but to somehow fit into Overwatch Meta.

I feel like Winston would be a legit interesting character to have in HOTS but boy I'm also not looking forward to all the people bitching about how much movement another Overwatch hero gets

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where's Maiev, who did nothing wrong and was proven right?

Also yeah, Sombra is rad but doesn't pretty much everything she could do already exist?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

chumbler posted:

Also yeah, Sombra is rad but doesn't pretty much everything she could do already exist?
More or less. She does fit with what the devs said about wanting to focus more on stealths' utility than burst but I'm just being optimistic because I think she's cool.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Macaluso posted:

I feel like Winston would be a legit interesting character to have in HOTS but boy I'm also not looking forward to all the people bitching about how much movement another Overwatch hero gets

Zarya and soon Ana will mitigate that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

chumbler posted:

Her invincibility would be pretty different from the others. She'd have it for a limited time, but also move a lot faster. I think the way her stealth works would set her apart a lot from the other stealthies. Also her teleport thing would make for more interesting escapes than the simple teleport that some of the others have. Her hacking and ult would be cool in big team fights. I think she'd be different from other stealthies in that she wouldn't really be a one that roams from lane to lane looking for picks. I could see her also hacking fountains to shorten the cooldown on using them or making them more powerful (or shutting them down for the enemy team?) or something.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stealing enemy regen globes would be a very funny trait.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

If sombra comes to the game she should be able to hack towers and keeps.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Dietrich posted:

If sombra comes to the game she should be able to hack towers and keeps.

Make them attack enemies for a short duration and fountains deal damage instead of heal.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Doflamingo posted:

fountains deal damage instead of heal.

It's not canon, but I'll allow it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

chumbler posted:

The Dark Prelate is already in the game, though?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Zeratul sent the Overmind to Aiur, Aldaris was right

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Sombra being able to hack enemy globes to deny healing, or hack team globes to improve it would be cool. Also, channeled hacking to silence enemies the channeling doesnt break stealth, but successful hacks do. Or hacking fountains to reduce their CD for heroes. All very cool ideas.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

bamhand posted:

What would that even be? She's invincible unless you kill all her minions?

That doesn't translate at all. Medusa ult where people facing her are slowly turned to stone would be cool.

I mean, she at least has the War3 hero to take inspiration from.

Sensual Simian posted:

Sombra being able to hack enemy globes to deny healing, or hack team globes to improve it would be cool. Also, channeled hacking to silence enemies the channeling doesnt break stealth, but successful hacks do. Or hacking fountains to reduce their CD for heroes. All very cool ideas.

Probably would be hated due to regen globe quests already being an annoying mechanic.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Could someone help me out with Kel'Thuzad? I'm not missing the skill shots but the damage output I'm getting is poo poo. What talents are people taking and is there something I'm missing about the basic abilities? I Frost Nova then Death & Decay and if there's 2 or more I use Chains (although I'm still bad at landing the second chain). Feels like way too much work for such lovely damage compared to, uh, any of the other mages.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Chain, Frost Nova, Pull, Death and Decay is the combo I use and your damage becomes ridiculous once you complete your quest. Mix the ult in when you get it though I prefer to use it to secure ganks that you're not at. I really think you've got to hit the double chain to be good at KT

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
KT scales at 2.5% to counteract his huge powerspike he gets when he completes his quest. Someone on reddit did the math, and at level 20 quest completed he's on an equal powerspike to most other characters, but the earlier he gets it done the more out-of-control his midgame potential is. Getting this quest done asap means grouping against the most amount of characters possible and above all else focus landing your combo as reliably as possible. He's almost like a ranged kerrigan in this aspect.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Family Values posted:

Could someone help me out with Kel'Thuzad? I'm not missing the skill shots but the damage output I'm getting is poo poo. What talents are people taking and is there something I'm missing about the basic abilities? I Frost Nova then Death & Decay and if there's 2 or more I use Chains (although I'm still bad at landing the second chain). Feels like way too much work for such lovely damage compared to, uh, any of the other mages.

Hit chain, put down the frost nova between the person and who you're going to be chaning them to, then chain them. Frost nova's activation time is too slow to reliably hit people if you put it down after you've pulled them together. and it's too long for you to hit a pair of people if you put it down before you chain the first one.

One you get shadow fissure, if you want to include that in the combo your new system is Fissure, chain, nova on fissure, chain into fissure, laugh like an insane maniac (this step is vital)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Kurieg posted:

Hit chain, put down the frost nova between the person and who you're going to be chaning them to, then chain them. Frost nova's activation time is too slow to reliably hit people if you put it down after you've pulled them together. and it's too long for you to hit a pair of people if you put it down before you chain the first one.

One you get shadow fissure, if you want to include that in the combo your new system is Fissure, chain, nova on fissure, chain into fissure, laugh like an insane maniac (this step is vital)

you have 4 seconds after first hook to do the pull, if you telegraph where you're aiming to join them together before you even do the first hook you're giving them a better chance to mess up your angles.

chain, fissure, nova, pull, DnD.