Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Let the goon who hath not consumed the hot pocket cast the first packing peanut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm gay.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
I have 22 Bright Engrams saved up and will be opening them when I hit 20.
AMA

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

KillTylerDurden posted:

AMA

That's a lot of shaders and mods.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
this nightfall is loving garbage what the gently caress

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lets have this boss fight where the boss isn't even in the arena for half the encounter and also there's no health regen

love it

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Try one more match. Maybe rounding?

I joined a new match and killed a guy and it completed so I have no idea what the trigger is. Oh well.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

KillTylerDurden posted:

AMA

Did you know Tyler Durden is dead?

How girthy is your uvula?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Thumbtacks posted:

I joined a new match and killed a guy and it completed so I have no idea what the trigger is. Oh well.

It seemed based on performance to me, and rounding bullshit.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Wait for it...

https://i.imgur.com/GK0a8ac.gifv

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Mithross posted:

Here is a very short thing I wrote for the contest. It plays with the lore a bit but whatever. I may write more later, if I come up with something.

Hunger.

Not every Guardian finds the void. Some lack talent, some commitment, some simply fear that endless expanse that surrounds all things. But those who do, find something else, something rarely spoken of aloud. No warnings are given to the seekers, because to survive only because you were warned is to merely receive a stay of execution. Each must find their own balance with the Hunger.

Only the Traveler's Light makes this possible.

It soothes the endless lust. It allows for communion without consumption. To call forth Void Light is to know hunger and satiation at once.

But now the Light is lost.

The Void remains. The Void remembers. The Void still sings out to those who have touched it. As much as I mourn those Guardians who died the final death when the Traveler was chained, I mourn much more those who stood in communion with the Void at that moment. Those who lost their balance, who fell to Hunger. We will honor them for what they were, but first...

We must hunt them for what they now are.

Quoting this for later

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

super macho dude posted:

Got a Hard Light, and holy hell is it an ugly dumb looking gun.

If you can find the custom ornament for it, it looks a lot better (The Future is Chrome).

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I actually really like the pvp in this game, especially since the level advantage thing means you can just wear whatever you think looks the best. Pity it's so difficult to get the Crucible gear, though, it'll take a while before I can get it I think. I'm guessing it's only from Shaxx rep turn ins?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Thumbtacks posted:

I actually really like the pvp in this game, especially since the level advantage thing means you can just wear whatever you think looks the best. Pity it's so difficult to get the Crucible gear, though, it'll take a while before I can get it I think. I'm guessing it's only from Shaxx rep turn ins?

Level poo poo was in d1 as well, in case you didn't play. I have no real love for this new clump up chump up bullshit.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

How dare people fight as a team in team based PVP.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i've been going in duo into quickplay because solo is nearly unplayable but holy poo poo even with two people you can straight up farm the other team

Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat
i miss rumble so much

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The number of people who refuse to pick up tags in supremacy is infuriating.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i've been going in duo into quickplay because solo is nearly unplayable but holy poo poo even with two people you can straight up farm the other team

Solo is totally playable if your teammates aren't idiots who run directly at the opposing team every single time they spawn

I played Crucible solo last night for hours (Competitive) and won at least 3/4 of the matches.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

At this point it's more like go for the tag if you're sure his buddies aren't right on top of it. which they will be most of the time

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Anybody who says "DON'T SOLO QUEUE IN PVP IT'S AWFUL!!" is a salty, salty gamer and likely not very fun to team up with. Unless endless bitching upon death is your thing.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
okay but most people realize you can't reliably win a coin toss

like yeah, sometimes you get a team that realizes you should stick together but then you also get teams who seem to make every attempt to be as far from you and your teammates as possible at all times

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Re: winter's guile

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/36767792

Watch that shielded orange bar captain get one shot lmao

Why didn't you punch the walker

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's really unfortunate when you find who you think are cool chill goons to pvp with and then they spend entire matches bitching about lag or cheating or whatever reason they think is causing them to lose.

Like, sometimes you're not as good as your opponents, and that's okay. We will play another match and maybe do better guys.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
'cheating' is kind of laughable because cheating virtually does not exist in modern console games but lag is a very real issue that has a tangible gameplay effect and it is very irritating watching some dude take no damage from your guns before he dragonball z instant transmissions in front of you and you have somehow died

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It's the constant bitching we're complaining about, not the excuse of the bitching.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Floppychop posted:

How dare people fight as a team in team based PVP.

Not at all what was said. Clumping up that tight as a 4 is dumb coming from a nice loose 2x3 tactic

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

el B posted:

Anybody who says "DON'T SOLO QUEUE IN PVP IT'S AWFUL!!" is a salty, salty gamer and likely not very fun to team up with. Unless endless bitching upon death is your thing.

I honestly don't understand why people keep playing PvP games if they get so genuinely upset when they lose. When I lose I'm just like "lol". If getting backstabbed and teabagged by some anonymous person in a video game made me that mad, I would just not play. Like, I don't go see bands and stay if they're terrible, I just... walk away.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

precision posted:

I honestly don't understand why people keep playing PvP games if they get so genuinely upset when they lose. When I lose I'm just like "lol". If getting backstabbed and teabagged by some anonymous person in a video game made me that mad, I would just not play. Like, I don't go see bands and stay if they're terrible, I just... walk away.

You seem chill and fun to play with. :)

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I'm gonna start bitch-bragging, it's where I start complaining about how OP the weapons and poo poo I'm using are as I get kills

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Can I be mega obnoxious for a sec and ask someone to give me sort of a "week in review" (since Saturday) of anything interesting? I'm behind on the thread by about 1300 posts and been traveling for work. Just curious what's been going on? If you don't mind...

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Feenix posted:

Can I be mega obnoxious for a sec and ask someone to give me sort of a "week in review" (since Saturday) of anything interesting? I'm behind on the thread by about 1300 posts and been traveling for work. Just curious what's been going on? If you don't mind...

they didnt add an rear end eating emoji to the game, its bad now

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Feenix posted:

If you have an exotic emote that does some neon poo poo you can start it then dance and it looks v cool.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just heard peak Shaxx in the tower:

"Shaxx [yelling posted:

"]
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T CONCENTRATE WITH ME YELLING? RELAX!

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Legs Benedict posted:

they didnt add an rear end eating emoji to the game, its bad now

You have to unlock it IRL bud, they mail out the code.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also, complaining about lag in destiny is generally counterintuitive, there's no sense tilting about something that will never change and a lot of the poo poo lag causes is actually hilarious if you can get past the aggravation

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Just heard peak Shaxx in the tower:

peak Shaxx is actually, well I'm not sure if it was for a titan slam double kill or for titan slamming someone in their super, but he

he just screamed

like yeeaaAARRGHGHGH

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
shaxx is way more hype this game which is surprising because he sounded like he was gonna stroke out at any second if you did literally anything in rise of iron

i have no idea how many time me and my allies fought as one, but shaxx sure as hell loved reminding me

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

I'm gonna start bitch-bragging, it's where I start complaining about how OP the weapons and poo poo I'm using are as I get kills

I was being a pretty heinous rear end in a top hat with MIDA last night, and I was very aware of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Thumbtacks posted:

I use the warlock blink solely for being a get in and get out tag vacuum cleaner because no bastard ever picks them up.