Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

eonwe posted:

killing nazis and fascists is good, is what I think

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

eonwe posted:

Preach it, brother :yeah:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I am going to discover every kill with that hatchet.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

Eonwe, I always knew you were a good dude.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thanks bud, i cant wait to play this on launch when all of you are too

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I decided I wanted a physical copy to look nice with all my other Wolfenstein games, and then cheaped out on the shipping so I'm getting it like, a week after it comes out, unless Amazon is really nice and surprises me or something, so unfortunately that means my hatchet madness will be slightly delayed, but I'll gladly try to make up for it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Scalding Coffee posted:

This is what happens when you don't have a stereotypical fat southern sheriff getting worked up over those Duke boys evading him again.

The sheriff now is the one at nazi rallies either in attendance or letting nazis attack people and sitting back with their thumbs up their rear end.

site posted:

I would just like to go on record saying that I'm pro bombate and commandant uglyfaces daughter committing white genocide

Crabtree posted:

I am going to discover every kill with that hatchet.

Lemme get a god mode cheat, hatchet mania runnin wild

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Capn Beeb posted:

The sheriff now is the one at nazi rallies either in attendance or letting nazis attack people and sitting back with their thumbs up their rear end.

Lemme get a god mode cheat, hatchet mania runnin wild

That reminds me of the Officer's House mission in Wolf09. You're supposed to go in and kill a bunch of Nazi officers and steal some intel, and you can totally shoot your way through the level.
But savvy players will notice a fire axe fairly early in the level, and then what was a boilerplate "shoot Nazis" level becomes a slasher film simulator where you're the serial killer, butchering Nazis with an axe while using time-slowing Veil powers. It's loving fantastic.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Real quick I want to mention how happy I am that BJ uses a hatchet now. Woop woop!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pretty much. its either alt right nazi wannbies getting mad because it "promotes white genocide and hitler did nothing wrong" libs/lefttards who are using a either a culture signal(look at me i play game thats anti nazi) or catharsis(me and probaly others here). then their are weird twitter personalities like radicalbytes, who think the game is wrong thing and immoral because violence. people are dumb. game looks great. cant loving wait.

I'm not seeing any of that stuff about the left that you said there, I just see a lot of Nazis and internet edgelords getting offended or pretending to get offended at the idea of killing Nazis

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Capn Beeb posted:

"Looks like them David Duke boys are at it again!"
*does nothing*
"They's shooting pistols into a crowd of people, shucks and tarnation!"
*continues to do nothing*

BattleMaster posted:

I'm not seeing any of that stuff about the left that you said there, I just see a lot of Nazis and internet edgelords getting offended or pretending to get offended at the idea of killing Nazis

Man, don't you love false equivalencies and people saying "well both sides are equally bad!". I don't really wanna discuss politics despite this kinda being a political game because Nazis being back in the public eye buuuuut.... no, both sides are not equally bad. There is one very clear worse-than side here.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

King Vidiot posted:

Man, don't you love false equivalencies and people saying "well both sides are equally bad!". I don't really wanna discuss politics despite this kinda being a political game because Nazis being back in the public eye buuuuut.... no, both sides are not equally bad. There is one very clear worse-than side here.

Yeah, when one side are honest to goodness sieg heiling swastika wearing blood and soil 14 words self-identified Nazis there is no such thing as "but both sides are just as bad" because one side are loving NAZIS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
theyre bad

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Basically, always punch Nazis in videogames, and in real life if you can.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

King Vidiot posted:

"Looks like them David Duke boys are at it again!"
*does nothing*
"They's shooting pistols into a crowd of people, shucks and tarnation!"
*continues to do nothing*

BattleMaster posted:

i wasnt making that argument or at least not trying to. i was just restating the other dude the dude i was quoting. nazis are the worst and there tears over this game are loving funny as gently caress.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 21, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah, when one side are honest to goodness sieg heiling swastika wearing blood and soil 14 words self-identified Nazis there is no such thing as "but both sides are just as bad" because one side are loving NAZIS

eonwe posted:

theyre bad

CommissarMega posted:

Basically, always punch Nazis in videogames, and in real life if you can.

Goons are... good?

I've been so sick of the hand-ringing about Nazi punching that it's truly refreshing to a group of people that actually get the point

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pendent posted:

Goons are... good?

I've been so sick of the hand-ringing about Nazi punching that it's truly refreshing to a group of people that actually get the point

honestly i have never understood the controversy. nazi speech is basicaly violence(what they want/goals and meathonds) if some dudes kick some khaki nazi's head apart. why should i care. and being a weird liberal pussy and hand ringing about the morals of it is what they want.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pendent posted:

Goons are... good?

Yeah, it's kind of hard to go the 'all speech is free speech, BLM and Nazis have the right to air their views!' when the first view is 'Please stop killing us' and the other is 'KILL EVERYONE WHO AIN'T US!'. Basically, if pro-Nazi speech is protected, then pro-ISIS speech should be to, and see how many people agree with the latter.

PS: Punch Nazis.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, it's kind of hard to go the 'all speech is free speech, BLM and Nazis have the right to air their views!' when the first view is 'Please stop killing us' and the other is 'KILL EVERYONE WHO AIN'T US!'. Basically, if pro-Nazi speech is protected, then pro-ISIS speech should be to, and see how many people agree with the latter.

PS: Punch Nazis.

couterpoint: curb a nazi.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I submit to the superior argument.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i wasnt making that argument or at least not trying to. i was just restating the other dude the dude i was quoting. nazis are the worst and there tears over this game are loving funny as gently caress.

lol what discord is that from

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

eonwe posted:

I think thats just youtube in dark mode

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eonwe posted:

no idea. pulled it from neogaf. probably "I want to suck hitlers one eyed worm but i am not gay, in fact i hate everyone who is different then me because i barely have dick" board.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LordAbaddon posted:

I think thats just youtube in dark mode

oh ya, you're right

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wolfenstein hits upon a fundamental truth in humanity that nazis are scum and should be killed by dual wielded shotguns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pyromancer posted:

American politics, so now rightards think Wolfenstein is about white genocide and leftards think it calls for revolution against Trump or something. :ughh:

If u watch the video it's pretty explicit.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

If you are unsure of your curbing prowess or have a disability that may be aggravated by curbing, there are other options:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

eonwe posted:

Wolfenstein hits upon a fundamental truth in humanity that nazis are scum and should be killed by dual wielded shotguns

I believe you are in the minority here.

The consensus of this thread is that the hatchet is clearly the superior Nazi killing weapon.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

David D. Davidson posted:

I believe you are in the minority here.

The consensus of this thread is that the hatchet is clearly the superior Nazi killing weapon.

No pizza Nazi killing rules.

All so -

No, Nazi killing rules.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As a liberal centrist, I believe that we should hold all Nazi-killing methods in equal regard.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CommissarMega posted:

As a liberal centrist, I believe that we should hold all Nazi-killing methods in equal regard.

Holy poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

If you are unsure of your curbing prowess or have a disability that may be aggravated by curbing, there are other options:

Hitchcocks the best.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Capn Beeb posted:

This is fantastic.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eonwe posted:

:hai:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CommissarMega posted:

hosed up

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
A previous video suggested that weapon upgrades are coming back, I hope they actually change the look of the guns like they did in Wolf09.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The way upgrades work now is that you can find and collect weapon upgrade kits and spend them on things such as silencers, alternate firing modes, ammo capacity, etc. and they change the look of the weapons.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh man I'll be buying a lot of silencers. Stealthing areas in NO with 2 silenced future Lugers was so satisfying

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Shoehead posted:

Oh man I'll be buying a lot of silencers. Stealthing areas in NO with 2 silenced future Lugers was so satisfying

Isn't that what the knife was for, and now the hatchet?

But dang a loving nail gun you say? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Game looks great, and I can't wait to murder nazis in whatever creative fashion I can in little over a month.