Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas has played a pretty good social game over all. The highlights include her somehow managing to convince Jody that she was on their side and drat near convincing Jess to not use her Hex and dump Cody and managing to flip Mark from wanting her out of the house to crying in her arms and willing to defy Jody to keep her. She also basically coddled Josh through the first couple of weeks of the game and not only probably kept him from self evicting or just blowing his game up but also earned a loyal ally that saved her rear end when she got backdoored. She's also generally just done a good job being friendly with people and building relationships. She's had some behind the scenes/private trash talking, and there was some circumstantial tension with Cody and Jason but the only time I can remember her actively really getting into something with someone that lasted was the fight with Mark. And really that was a result of months of Mark "secretly" hating her and wanting her gone.

That being said I don't really know if she can win against Paul. Cody and Mark are unlikely to credit her for her game and let go of their hate for her, Elena is likely still bitter at her for whatever, Alex and Jason could still be sore about her betraying them and might give Paul a pass for it, and Matt and Raven just worship Paul.

I'd love to say Josh has played a good social game but I can't with a straight face. Its a weird game he's played. At times he's been beloved in that house and seen as a big kid with a pure heart. At other times he's been a raving mad person or an emotional wreck. He'd argue that the pots and pans and fights were all game and what he needed to do to make himself useful to others and get past his initial mistakes. I'd buy that but I don't think most of the Jury would. And even if they did it doesn't change the fact that half of them were the victims of his actions and the other half simply never really respected him enough to see him as a real player.

Its one of the weirder parts of this season that I think Josh may genuinely have been the smartest strategic player in this cast. He's the only one who tried to make (sensible) moves on Paul, he repeatedly picked the right side and read the house better than most, and way back in Week 1 and Week 4 he was managing to blindside half the house despite being essentially powerless in the game. But again, his problem is that many of the victims of those blindsides are in the Jury so they're unlikely to appreciate them for game moves.

And ultimately the entire jury are made up of people who decided in Week 1 that Josh was a non-player and just someone to drag along and he didn't do enough to change those opinions through the game (even assuming he could change the opinions of people like Cody, Mark, Elena, Raven, and Alex).

Fast Luck posted:

The only recent juror Paul managed fairly well was Alex, and that was only because he was forced to talk out with her why he wasn't going to play the veto on her. Everyone else he thinks he can keep bs'ing even once they're out of the house and it's just so laughable.

Even with Alex he played the whole "Man, I really was with you but I just have to do this because Josh and Christmas have forced me into this position" thing. He couldn't put all the blame off on them because he won the POV and had to justify not using it, but he still tried to pretend like he wasn't in on the plan to target her, or Jason, or working with Josh and Christmas in any meaningful sense. He might get lucky in that there might not be enough time for the final Juror and his opponent at F2 to expose that lie to Alex, but she's at least in there for a week hearing from Raven how Paul was working with Josh and Christmas to target Jason and blindside Alex and that's just more burning that can happen to him.

I find it hard to really wrap my mind around the fact that Paul thinks he can keep playing the Jurors even after they go to Jury and compare notes without him there to lie. And yet it might actually work with how hard Raven and Alex seem determined to not admit they got played and Cody, Mark, and Elena not wanting to give the other players satisfaction.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I've really been enjoying Josh torpedoing most of Paul's goodbye messages with his own that implicates Paul in the plan. That should be worth a question during the finale at least. Like I don't know how he's going to handle all the lies he told in his goodbye messages once everyone is together and talking.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I really liked when he did it with Jason, the juxtaposition between Paul's big fat lie goodbye and Josh's was a thing of beauty. but the problem is he's emphasizing "yeah Paul has a final three with me and Christmas, he didn't tell you that did he?" but we saw in the jury house everyone just laughing when someone says they have an alliance with Paul. "Yeah, we all did." Cody: "Not me"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The funny thing is I think Marlena and Alex are almost as delusional as Raven. Like, Mark is right that they all had alliances with Paul but he and Elena were out of the loop since at least Week 4 when Paul was blindsiding them and before that everything was kind of just chaos. And Alex and Jason have been out of the loop for weeks and even got manipulated in their own HOHs. But I don't think Josh and Christmas have been out of the loop since Week 2 and they have four HOHs where they more or less called their shots. For the most part the "inner circle" of the house really was Paul, Josh, and Christmas with Jason/Alex and Matt/Raven as appendages with portions of information.

But its impossible to draw that distinction with the Jury and they're going to assume that Paul just sided with Christmas and Josh because they're goats, and there's obviously some truth to that.

And its going to be even more confusing if Paul keeps lying and downplays Josh and Christmas' agency in the game and plays up that he just used them.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Josh and Christmas could've been out of the loop as well, though, and only happened to be the pair that was right because they were the pair that Paul chose for his end game. The reason this cast was so bad at Big Brother is that most of the time, they only strategized among their only little cliques, and then had Paul go out and talk game to the other groups on their behalf.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know what the point of saying they "could have been", though, when they just weren't. I mean, we've been saying for weeks how they were the only two people onto Paul's game and way back to Week 6 they were working to counter his agenda (unsuccessfully, but still).

Its easy to dismiss Josh and Christmas as the last duo standing because Paul saw them as goats, but the reality is they gamed pretty drat hard. Besides the HOHs they won (a number of which were thrown, but so were most of Paul's and theoretically some others) they were doing what you said no one did and working with other duos. Christmas managed to turn around her relationship with Alex completely over time, worked hard to keep Jason and Mark at bay, and was probably second only to Paul in being trusted by Maven and Kevin (Jason might have been ahead of her with Kevin, but I'm not 100% on that). And again, Christmas actually managed to convince Jody that she was on their side and drat near got Jess to throw Cody under the bus. Which still blows my mind.

Josh was less so but that was mostly because most of the HGs wouldn't talk game with him. He worked hard at building trust and talking game with Alex, Jason, and Kevin and for short periods was working Marlena and Maven. And managed to completely play and blindside Jody back in Week 1.

But like I said, that's way too nuanced and debatable to sell to the Jury in short order, even if they didn't have their egos wrapped up in it. And were largely idiots.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Christmas is... In love... With Paul...?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Papa John Misty posted:

Christmas is... In love... With Paul...?

I guess. There was an edited clip (which BB used the same footage for with Christmas in her HOH alone) that made it seem that way, but the longer version of the clip had her talking about the game in general and having to make hard choices going forward. But her DR definitely leans it that way?

It is hard to take anything on the CBS show at face value when they still keep editing Cody and Jess as normal people when Cody might literally be a psychopath and Jess's violent fantasies about the house guests actually started weirding Cody out.

I am sure she definitely really likes Paul, but considering that the show buried that story until now, it must not be serious or deep or else it would have been used for narrative earlier. I think they are setting it up now for the dramatic effect of the final HOH eviction.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She seems to have something of a crush on Paul at least but that clip was definitely edited to make it seem overtly about Paul when the wider clip comes off very differently. Specifically that clip came while Christmas was blindsiding Jason and Alex and she seemed to be feeling as guilty about it as Josh was, she just didn't openly weep like Josh. Well, until she actually had to do the deed. The "my emotions are out of control" and "I'm either healed or heartbroken" stuff were nowhere near her comment about Paul (and its worth noting Christmas called off an engagement a bit before entering the house). The DR definitely seemed like she might but who knows? It could have been from any time and could have any context. The CBS edit has been glaringly more deliberate than usual this season, and its usually pretty bad.

"Hey guys, lets show a clip show of fights that happened this season when people went off including a never before seen one. No, don't include any of the multiple times Jess and Cody lost their poo poo and fought with people and looked bad, including the unseen ones. Lets just show him telling her about his daughter."

You know what the biggest tragedy of this season is (until Cody wins AFP)? That they wasted maybe the greatest batch of comps ever on a season we're probably going to try and forget.

The Final HOH is one where you hang onto a unicorn's tail while it farts in your face.

And its just going to get lost in the void like the possessed pig OTEV and the airport comp where you had to sit next to a sweaty fat dude.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Yeah this season had probably the least reused comps right? And the least cheap comps quiz show comps. But it was wasted on this season.

I just realized, did we seriously not get the egg/fence comp this year? Is that the first in a long time? Also no poker?

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if Christmas really has a chance in the unicorn competition. With her broken foot, I'm not sure how good she'll be at standing there hanging on to the rope.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"It's Christmas, 110%"

*Kevin walks out*

"I knew it was going to be you Kevin"

E: holy loving Christ this jury. Everyone is awful.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
How the gently caress is Raven the voice of reason in this Jury?!

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
What a great segment, hahah

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yessssssss

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think cutting Paul may be the winning move here.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

AHHAHHAHAHA

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
Are you serious

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

What kind of weird mirror universe Big Brother is this where Christmas doesn't even plead her case to the guy

Max
Nov 30, 2002

UGH

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
Season went down the drain

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

No matter what circumstances you're given, you can give up at Big Brother at the final three

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Really looking forward to Cody's jury question of "Why are neither of you real men and I'm the real man?"

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Julie's "good for you" directed at Christmas didn't sound too condescending, but it should have.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

lmao Alex's question.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"Being in the business industry..."

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Paul is denying everything and lying to the jury. This could be interesting.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

These questions that sound like: Josh, please give us a reason to vote you.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is the worst combined final jury performance I've ever seen on anything

Paul is outright lying every time and Josh is trying to set some kind of record for how many words someone can use to say nothing.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I don't know, I give friendship all the time when I'm in the business industry

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I don't think Josh did a great job there, but Paul completely bombed it and Josh probably just won the game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, not the best answers on Josh's part but not total garbage.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I thought Josh did ok, and Paul stunk, but I also don't think people change their mind based on questions.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
So was the last comp opposite answers to the questions.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Paul looks actually nervous.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Josh is the worst public speaker Jesus Christ

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Paul crushed that final speech. Let's see if it matters!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hate Elena more than anyone else tbh

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Most bitter/worst jury ever. Doesn't help that most of them are miserably sub-mediocre at baseline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I like Kevin's magician outfit.

• Locked thread