Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Oh God, those poor bastards. Did they not know?

Clearly not! Those foolish fools!

But for reals, they opened a CC in my name and charged plane tickets and a bunch of poo poo at a half dozen stores and nobody caught it.

Edit: Also this happened before the Experian hack! I only found out because I had my loan officer run my credit to get an idea on what getting a new car over a used one would be.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Rhyno I feel like you should buy a lottery ticket with all the owed karma you have stored up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

Rhyno I feel like you should buy a lottery ticket with all the owed karma you have stored up.

Are we friends on FB? If you've seen my fiance you'd understand that things are clearly balancing out. You don't get this lucky and not have the scales tip the other way.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Clearly not! Those foolish fools!

But for reals, they opened a CC in my name and charged plane tickets and a bunch of poo poo at a half dozen stores and nobody caught it.

Edit: Also this happened before the Experian hack! I only found out because I had my loan officer run my credit to get an idea on what getting a new car over a used one would be.

Somewhere a Russian gangster is getting rolled for his wallet and teeth in an Applebees parking lot by a multipregnant rural Idahoan in your name.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Are we friends on FB? If you've seen my fiance you'd understand that things are clearly balancing out. You don't get this lucky and not have the scales tip the other way.

Jokes on you, you don't have a facebook.

And I guess your stalker showed they had some real skillz?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

Jokes on you, you don't have a facebook.

And I guess your stalker showed they had some real skillz?

I never got any answers back from FB as to why they disabled the account.
Somebody who stalked me send him a picture so he knows what I'm talking about.

Edit: Maybe I'm Hitler reincarnated. It would explain things.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 21, 2017

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hitler seemed taller in pictures

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Catching up on movies now I'm on holiday...... Annnd watching the DCEU nd othe comic book movies

Man of Steel really isnt as bad as critics claimed. Dour but I think it's actually a pretty drat good movie.
Batman v Superman needed a better editor. There's a good movie lurking in there but it's horribly assembled ATM. Affleck as Batman rules and Wonder Woman was great - I would call it an interesting failure. Better editing choices and a better / longer actual BvS would have gone a loooong way to makign this one be good.
Suicide Squad..... okay that's a dumpster fire. No one is saving that shitpile.
Wonder Woman...... ummmm..... THIS was critically acclaimed? It's a complete by the numbers origin story. There is nothing new here at all... which isnt by itself a problem but when it's not done well, thats a problem. It's not done well or in an interesting way... there's only so much slo-mo you can do before you fall asleep in the action set pieces. Granted, it's not a garbage dumpster fire but it's no movie to be praised either, in reality saved by good character performances. Iron Man 2 level... ie okay and worth watching but not anywhere near as good as critics think.

GOTG2 rewatch.... ummmmm..... you know what, it's also no where near as good as fanboys think either. It's also seriously by the numbers and leaning far too hard on the success of it's original.
Doctor Strange - this is an example of by the numbers but done well. Trippy visuals like I remember, solid story, seen it before in Iron Man, rich douche gets comeuppance,w allows in misery and finds meaning and powers ot save the world blah blah blah. But done quite well. Says enough howwell when an actor I usuually cant stand wins me over.

Next week I'm goign to line up action. John Wick 1 and 2, The Raid 1 and 2, Dredd and Fury Road. Any other action suggestions?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Next week I'm goign to line up action. John Wick 1 and 2, The Raid 1 and 2, Dredd and Fury Road. Any other action suggestions?

I watched Constantine the other day and I liked it a lot, also the first Punisher while not perfect is a fun movie. It's a shame Netflix didn't get Thomas Jane to do their Punisher series :(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For what it's worth I loved Warzone. Flash point paradox is a far more enjoyable flick than the live action flash. Dredd owns bones hard.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I watched Constantine the other day and I liked it a lot, also the first Punisher while not perfect is a fun movie. It's a shame Netflix didn't get Thomas Jane to do their Punisher series :(

Word is they went after Jane but couldn't come to terms. I'm of the opinion that Frank Grillo (Crossbones) should have been the new Frank Castle.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Word is they went after Jane but couldn't come to terms.

gently caress. They should have just paid him, he played the role perfectly.

I'd be watching the series for sure if he was in it, now not so much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

gently caress. They should have just paid him, he played the role perfectly.

I'd be watching the series for sure if he was in it, now not so much.

I assume you've seen the short film right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yep, love it :)

From the comments:

quote:

the Punisher Jane wanted to be, instead of the one the studio approved. completely funded this on his own, asked Perlman to be in it(he agreed because he is also a HUGE punisher fan) and this is the result. if Jane does another one, he's already stated he wants more control, or the answer is no.

So maybe that was the issue then. Too bad.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 21, 2017

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

If you're watching the raid you might as well add Ong Bak and The Protector (Warrior King) to the list.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Elsa posted:

It's simple. When a person is in a relationship there's zero neediness. Like how you ducked the room number question, that is the opposite of needy. Would you have done that as a single man lol

I'd have put her over my shoulder caveman style there and then and carried her off.

Seminal Flu posted:

We need a pic to gauge your standards.

I said I'm trying to dial down the creep, so no.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Bookend everything with Dredd+John wick 1 and John Wick 2+Fury Road, and add Attack the Block to somewhere in the middle of the pile.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

LoL, my identity got thefted.

*wipes the number off the "Number of days since the last Rhyno Dramafest" tally*

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Rhyno posted:

LoL, my identity got thefted.

Happened to me a few years ago. Somehow VZW approved them for financing whatever the latest and greatest iPhone was at the time with $0 down.... with a credit score somewhere between "you poor gently caress" and "you poor bastard". I found out when the first bill showed up... with 0 minutes used, 0 bytes used.. it'd obviously never even been turned on in the US. Took about 2 weeks to get that fixed, and another month to get all the other inquiries removed. :argh: (and that was with the "help" if the identify theft monitoring poo poo Target and Home Depot paid for after their haxings).

They applied for a shitload of CCs too, but none of those got approved. :v:

hey wait where'd your FB go

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Man of Steel really isnt as bad as critics claimed. Dour but I think it's actually a pretty drat good movie.

I actually enjoyed this, it was a little strange but Metro City getting hosed up by that gravity smasher thing felt like it was actually a threat and there was ACTUAL DANGER to the humans in the movie. Contrast that with Avengers where NYC gets annihilated and the 2nd where an entire city gets pulled out of the ground and yet no innocents appear to even graze their knees. No weight to it at all. And that's why I appreciated Man of Steel.

DICK DICER posted:

For what it's worth I loved Warzone.

Punisher Warzone is possibly the best 'comic book' action movie in that like comic books I used to read as a kid it's COMPLETELY over the top. COLOURED LIGHTING EVERYWHERE and the 2 bad guys in it are scenery chewing arseholes, it's great. Also the only (fairly) major action movie directed by a woman I think??

Ephphatha posted:

If you're watching the raid you might as well add Ong Bak and The Protector (Warrior King) to the list.

Agree.

Dannywilson posted:

Attack the Block

Yes.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

DICK DICER posted:

For what it's worth I loved Warzone. Flash point paradox is a far more enjoyable flick than the live action flash. Dredd owns bones hard.

You're in luck, Netflix is going ahead with a Dredd series, and is in negotiations with Karl Urban to find out how much money they have to shovel his way to get him to sign on.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I actually enjoyed this, it was a little strange but Metro City getting hosed up by that gravity smasher thing felt like it was actually a threat and there was ACTUAL DANGER to the humans in the movie. Contrast that with Avengers where NYC gets annihilated and the 2nd where an entire city gets pulled out of the ground and yet no innocents appear to even graze their knees. No weight to it at all. And that's why I appreciated Man of Steel.

Yes agreed. Also MoS really nailed just how powerful a Kryptonian would be on screen.... every punch just loving poo poo up. The sheer destruction of two gods throwing down was depicted so well - Superman2 to me suffers that a few cars get flipped and a tanker explodes buuuuut... not much else. In MoS the entinr goddamn city is being levelled. One punch cuts a building in half and its clear people die. If Superman didnt kill Zod the destruction would be insane and gently caress the neckbeards who were whining about that.

MoS to me was about as realistic onscreen as Superman would actually be let alone how many comic books have Superman blowing apart a city block to stop the bad guy? I think it was true to source and just an all round resonably well thought out film with interesting questions and spectaclar action as well as lowering the suspension of disbelief bar really well. Its a shame Snyder caught so much flak for it because this is an interesting and believable Superman.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cakesmith handyman posted:

I said I'm trying to dial down the creep, so no.

Some times you have to put aside your inhibitions to impress strangers on a comedy website automotive subforum. :colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

No.

Can we focus on the hire car? Because manual diesel Italian hatchback and it still manages to be almost undrivable unless you hoof it everywhere.

Also there may be some highway rules in France I'm not aware of, do cyclists have right of way joining traffic because they loving act like it.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Sep 21, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I think you'll find that a Gauloises-infused "mrehh" and gallic shrug is about the best you can hope for in terms of French discussion on traffic law.

And manual small diesels being nasty to drive shouldn't shock anyone. But then neither should an Italian hatchback being designed around getting thrashed everywhere.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Hey now, there are plenty of fun manual small diesel, just needs the right fuel injection and the right turbo :colbert:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The Panda diesel I had was quite fun to flog. Slow as hell, but entertaining.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The power delivery of diesels just doesn't do it for me for "fun" driving.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Happened to me a few years ago. Somehow VZW approved them for financing whatever the latest and greatest iPhone was at the time with $0 down.... with a credit score somewhere between "you poor gently caress" and "you poor bastard". I found out when the first bill showed up... with 0 minutes used, 0 bytes used.. it'd obviously never even been turned on in the US. Took about 2 weeks to get that fixed, and another month to get all the other inquiries removed. :argh: (and that was with the "help" if the identify theft monitoring poo poo Target and Home Depot paid for after their haxings).

They applied for a shitload of CCs too, but none of those got approved. :v:

hey wait where'd your FB go

Who knows, fb doesn't answer emails or respond to their appeal process. I stopped trying to get it back after 5 days or so.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

The power delivery of diesels just doesn't do it for me for "fun" driving.

:colbert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5GWyiOrkk8

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

Who knows, fb doesn't answer emails or respond to their appeal process. I stopped trying to get it back after 5 days or so.

They're impressively terrible at account recovery it seems. Brother's account got hacked by someone overseas that only writes in Arabic. Despite my brother having his account for probably 10+ years they wouldn't believe him the account was hacked when it suddenly started posting in Arabic. He eventually just gave up but wants to give it another shot since he was using it as a place to store photos.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Last year I got a legit email from paypal about paying $200 for some phone from ebay. Somehow someone bought an ebay item (not my account) and used my paypal to pay for it. No one was able to explain how. It was being shipped nowhere near me to some company that buys things in the US and then ships them overseas. Luckily my bank was able to get my money back.

Random, but Steve Martin is the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpHiu7pRsow

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, people here make bloody quick diesels too. Doesn't make me like driving diesels.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NitroSpazzz posted:

They're impressively terrible at account recovery it seems. Brother's account got hacked by someone overseas that only writes in Arabic. Despite my brother having his account for probably 10+ years they wouldn't believe him the account was hacked when it suddenly started posting in Arabic. He eventually just gave up but wants to give it another shot since he was using it as a place to store photos.

I probably have all my photos backed up but there's several conversations and interactions with my friend who was murdered at the beginning of the year and I would like to get those back.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Olympic Mathlete posted:

But isn't that what CA: Civil War addressed directly? One of the best lines out of Tony Stark from MCU was when he talked about how they dropped a building on a boy but they didn't notice because they were "too busy kickin rear end". I agree that by large MCU quietly sweeps total destruction under the rug.

I also enjoyed M of S. I thought it was good, but I also liked Brandon Routh as Supes so :shrug: BvS sucked balls. I didn't even bother watching suicide squad. I am going to watch Wonder Woman this week. I have high hopes for it because Gal Gadot is pretty awesome and she was the only decent thing about BvS.

In "things that annoy me" can we talk about how movie studios need to pull their collective heads from their rectums regarding the whole "digital copy" thing? I use iTunes for movies and music. I get that there are others who do not. Give the consumer the choice on their selective retailer. There is nothing more stupid than going to redeem a digital copy of a movie only to see it is only available with ULTRAVIOLETTM R BUT ALSO TOTALLY COMPATIBLE ON iOS OMG. Yeah TOTALLY compatible and not a pain in the dick to use. Apparently the UV service I was using before went tits up a month or two ago forcing me to then create a VUDU account. This is something I learned last week when trying to find where my app went on my iPad so I could stream then AirPlay a stupid movie to the TV for my kids. I have already received an assload of stupid promotional emails even though when signing up for VUDU I unchecked the box communicating that "I do not give a literal poo poo about ever hearing from VUDU and movies and any other garbage you feel the need to heave upon me". VUDU is stupid and UV is stupid. I was going to buy the Wonder Woman Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital movie for $24 but saw the note on the back that the digital copy was not an iTunes file so I put it back and went home and just bought the digital copy on iTunes for $20. Every iTunes HD movie is getting upgraded to 4K HDR for no additional cost so WB can shove their stupid disc up their butt.

~*Just first world things*~

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

But isn't that what CA: Civil War addressed directly? One of the best lines out of Tony Stark from MCU was when he talked about how they dropped a building on a boy but they didn't notice because they were "too busy kickin rear end". I agree that by large MCU quietly sweeps total destruction under the rug.

I genuinely remember nothing about that film so I dunno, maybe? I definitely watched it, it just kinda washed over me.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The ridiculous prevalence of superhero films these days is proof that Hollywood is just idling on fumes waiting for someone to come round with a fresh idea

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fridge corn posted:

The ridiculous prevalence of superhero films these days is proof that Hollywood is just idling on fumes waiting for someone to come round with a fresh idea

Until the medium changes in a huge way or until some new near-future tech comes out everything is going to be boring

I was never a comic book fan because it takes too drat long for the story to play out, so I'm ok with Hollywood converting every last comic to a movie and I hope they get to work on some books too

I would see a Dune remake in theatres at least four times and Bladerunner 2049 has me hard as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
god drat this dumb as poo poo equifax thing keeps getting worse

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/experian-site-can-give-anyone-your-credit-freeze-pin/

experian allows anyone with your info to probably bullshit their way through 4 KBA questions and get your freeze PIN via their website

• Locked thread