Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

creationist believer posted:

I don't think the OP meant just for charging, but one of those mini-docks that has HDMI out as well. I don't think generic USB C docks work since Nintendo apparently has some sort of proprietary handshake, even though all the chips inside it are off the shelf ones you'd see in a generic USB C dock. Apparently Nyko is coming out with one, hopefully a lot of decent travel size ones come out as well. I'd love a dock/adapter that worked with my laptop as well.

Yeah I'm looking for a mini dock replacement, so at least charging and hdmi out.

[quote="“Good Soldier Svejk”" post="“476601615”"]
Is Mario using the BotW engine? At the very least some of the UI elements seem to be shared.
Also that 60 FPS looks loving gorgeous.
[/quote]

I don't see why they wouldn't reuse it, both are open world exploration games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just say gently caress

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Harlock posted:

Just say gently caress

If only she'd said, "Gently caress yourself," instead... :q:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Deemo is coming to the eShop next week, it's a rhythm game from the same developer as VOEZ and plays pretty much the same. $29.99, with 200 songs at launch with more to come via updates.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
One, Primrose needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Primerose's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Primrose"?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Has anyone successfully been refunded for a game? I've had problems with corrupt save files on NBA2K18 and I want to make sure I am prepared with my call to get my ebucks back using an effective strategy with the representative. Some people have been saying online that despite such issues it's 50/50 to get a refund.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Artix posted:

Deemo is coming to the eShop next week, it's a rhythm game from the same developer as VOEZ and plays pretty much the same. $29.99, with 200 songs at launch with more to come via updates.

Sounds like the Switch version is going to include most (all?) the addon content. I picked this up on iOS a couple years ago and only played a little bit of it but it's a good game. Can't imagine playing this docked with a controller and not using the touchscreen though.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sounds like the Switch version is going to include most (all?) the addon content. I picked this up on iOS a couple years ago and only played a little bit of it but it's a good game. Can't imagine playing this docked with a controller and not using the touchscreen though.

If it's anything like VOEZ, that won't be an option.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Has anyone successfully been refunded for a game? I've had problems with corrupt save files on NBA2K18 and I want to make sure I am prepared with my call to get my ebucks back using an effective strategy with the representative. Some people have been saying online that despite such issues it's 50/50 to get a refund.

They’ll probably give you a refund if you’re adamant about the problem.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I don't see why they wouldn't reuse it, both are open world exploration games.

Lol

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

What if you could play as Mario in BotW

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
why is mario kart 8 deluxe so soulless?

no intros, no ending screens, no nothing, just race :(

i want to see peach get shitfaced

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kiranamos posted:

What if you could play as Mario in BotW

Combat would be fun

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
PRE ORDERING SUCKS I WANT MY MARIO SWITCH BUNDLE NOW

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

You unlock some amazing alternate title screens after completing all the original cups, I believe, so that’s something. Nothing beats those scenes from MK1 though.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Soulless??? Have you heard that goddamn sax solo when you bust out of the waves in Dolphin Shoals?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

robot roll call posted:

Soulless??? Have you heard that goddamn sax solo when you bust out of the waves in Dolphin Shoals?

sax cant fill the void

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I remember having that same feeling at some point (not "soulless" but more like "kinda weird there's no story or campaign or anything like that.") Then I just appreciated how to the point it all is. It's just a kart racing game, pick a mode, pick a dude or dudette, pick a kart, and GOGOGOGOGOGOGOG

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I refunded minecraft thanks to poor performance in jungles(actually it sucked rear end), something being corrupt should warrant an easy refund.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Harlock posted:

Just say gently caress

Especially weird since that scene contains the word whore multiple times.

Improbable Lobster posted:

One, Primrose needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Primerose's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Primrose"?

:agreed:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

enojy posted:

I remember having that same feeling at some point (not "soulless" but more like "kinda weird there's no story or campaign or anything like that.") Then I just appreciated how to the point it all is. It's just a kart racing game, pick a mode, pick a dude or dudette, pick a kart, and GOGOGOGOGOGOGOG

I see both points. Though I do miss the harshness of the cutscene in 64 with the bobomb when you placed fourth or lower.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Harlock posted:

Just say gently caress

Nah the line as written is way funnier

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
why hasn't the thread title been changed to Nintendo Switch: literally the ghost of Satoru Iwata

what is wrong with the thread, the people in it, the mods,

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

you should do what I did today.
Tweet at
https://twitter.com/SubsetGames
today and and everytoday till they say yes to a Switch version.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I'm late to the party but the always tribute in the switch made me all sad and happy at the same time.

He is 1 of 4 "celebrity" deaths that actually affected me along with Steve Jobs, Ryan Davis and Billy Mays.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Anyone have some good tips for under the radar indie games? Please resist the urge to say Minecraft!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Besson posted:

Anyone have some good tips for under the radar indie games? Please resist the urge to say Minecraft!

Minecraft hasn't been indie since Mojang was bought by Microsoft.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Besson posted:

Kamiko is one of my favorite games on the Switch and is highly underrated.

Vroom in the night sky is really bad and is my favorite Switch purchase for so many reasons. It is worth experiencing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Takoluka posted:

Kamiko is one of my favorite games on the Switch and is highly underrated.

Vroom in the night sky is really bad and is my favorite Switch purchase for so many reasons. It is worth experiencing.

I'm so mad that someone hasn't made a good witch themed Grand Theft Auto/Kiki's Delivery Service game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Besson posted:

Not under the radar but Binding of Isaac is really good and so is the Switch port.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Not under the radar but Binding of Isaac is really good and so is the Switch port.

that price point though ugh

i do want it, as well as every other dumb game that ive already beat in other platforms (looking at you, shovel knight and cave story gently caress god drat it i'm gonna blow so much cash on dumb digital games)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
btw where the hell is nuclear throne???

E: oh gently caress picross switch comes out in the US next week? i chose the perfect time to snag a switch yesssssssss

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 21, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

but bowser says the n word though...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingSlime posted:

i do want it, as well as every other dumb game that ive already beat in other platforms (looking at you, shovel knight and cave story gently caress god drat it i'm gonna blow so much cash on dumb digital games)

I’ve seen it go on sale for $30 a few times for the physical version. It’s totally worth it at that price.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

KingSlime posted:

While the price point is a valid issue, if you're already a BOI addict in any way shape or form you're going to get your money's worth in hours of playtime :shrug:

Or if you don't mind physical you could probably just find a used copy. I'm seeing a couple half-price ones on ebay.

Also: I don't know if it's a mistake yet, but Axiom Verge is "coming soon" for $20 on the eshop vs. the $30-40 that was quoted for the physical edition, so it's possible that the Rime backlash made Nintendo walk back on it's goofy "physical and digital have to cost the same" + "our carts are super bespoke and expensive" combo requirements and some of the earlier releases may reflect that in the future.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 21, 2017

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BOI is pretty much that price everywhere else, and it's worth it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

spelunky on switch when

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
New Bomberman Characters coming.

They sure are taking their sweet time with the Metal Gear characters though.

Man could you imagine if this game keeps getting updates for an entire year and they still haven't added any Snakes, Emmerichs or even a Fatman into the game?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I like it. From the moment you launch the game, all the tools and toys it has to offer are dumped straight into your lap. You can just... do exactly what you want and nothing gets in your way.
More games should take hints from this design philosophy. "Here's everything, pick out what you want and have fun."

Maybe a story mode in addition to that could add some flavor, but it would be the absolute first thing I'd put on the chopping block if development was in any way constrained and something had to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
^ agreed mk8 is perfect

• Locked thread