Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
He's just gonna be a dumb marquee character that unlocks at 3* and isn't relevant to nonwhales for 4 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

B2 is a flex play for buff heavy opponents, as usual.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
It would be a very CG thing to give away the easiest FO farm for an all FO team event

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
God drat I love having drat near 100 7*'s already.

I am insulated from your lovely noob problems by my nearly 2 years invested in this garbage collection game.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Guys, my EU guild just opened 4 spots. I thought i'd give you the heads up.

We do HAAT twice a week and rancor thrice(?)
25* on TB with ease.

If you are a euro goon, the raid times might suit you so pm me on discord: Lino Albaro#2619

We allready have applicants, so hurry. Requirements are lvl 85, raid participation, and at least 1 mil GP. 600 is not mandatory, we run zero damage for 24 hours on both heroics

Pst, pm me :wink:

edit only 2 spots left

Mister Blueberry fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 20, 2017

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

God drat I love having drat near 100 7*'s already.

I am insulated from your lovely noob problems by my nearly 2 years invested in this garbage collection game.

:hfive:

:negative:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I have FOST AND FOTP at roughly 5/85. Is there any logic in saving all of my normal energy until double drops start?

I don't knw where the break even point would be on this kind of thing.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing this for probably over 2 years now and only have like ~25 different 7* toons cause I'm a terrible casual. These toons also happen to be the exact wrong ones for any special limited run event such as R2-D2, CLS, Thrawn so I'm stuck in the loop of chasing the must have team build to get the last special toon well the devs crap out another limited run toon.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Fleet store is losing gear? What the poo poo

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I've 1 star left to get on fotfp and 2 on fost. So about 185 sharts. Can it be done in time?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Worst part is, a little while ago I decided I was going to focus on FO and Resistance in case the lead up to The Last Jedi added some new characters that required them. And then immediately the game added Thrawn, and CLS, and TBs, so I just had to focus on other things. Then, BAM, FO required event.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

My FOTP is two star so know I won't be in the running for BB-8. Which sucks because I'm gonna get zFinn in a couple days.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Canemacar posted:

My FOTP is two star so know I won't be in the running for BB-8. Which sucks because I'm gonna get zFinn in a couple days.

If you would have been good with your zFinn team before today, continue to be fine with it. Unless BB-8 proves to be a CLS type game changer (which seems unlikely, CLS is unprecedented), your team will still own bones.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Fleet store is losing gear? What the poo poo

Yeah, but shard shop is getting it.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

tadashi posted:

I have FOST AND FOTP at roughly 5/85. Is there any logic in saving all of my normal energy until double drops start?

I don't knw where the break even point would be on this kind of thing.

I'd say no, because you'll have to use crystal refreshes as well, but I don't know best. There could be others who have reasons to do it.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Note that FOTP and FOST are both in the new fleet store lineup, so you might get some shards from there as well.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
FO isn't too unreasonable of a requirement for BB-8, though maybe they should let FOST and FOTP be farmable from other sources than a hard node...

If the rumors had been true that you needed a bunch of poo poo that have never been meta, like Bistan, then that would have been a real poo poo move.

Why can't they just list the requirements for him in the event menu though? EDIT: I suppose the fact that the description says "The FIRST ORDER seeks the map..." in the description is enough.

Today is the first time i have been disillusioned with the game. The game changes often but i don't think i have seen any changes benefiting players so far (except 5 hard nodes a day). Today they removed a bunch of stuff from the various shops. A couple of weeks ago they removed the crystal subscription.
All the content ADDED so far have just been thinly veiled cash grabs. TB in its entirety is to force players to grind out all the poo poo heroes they never wanted. What happened to the AT-ST battle? That is literally content that is finished, why is it not in the game?

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 21, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I just bought 5 stun cuffs from the shard shop.

FO has been added to fleet store.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Wait they removed the crystal sub? Why?

I'm actually happy about that because this was a monthly spend for me, and now I have an excuse to not put any money into this lovely game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

Wait they removed the crystal sub? Why?

I'm actually happy about that because this was a monthly spend for me, and now I have an excuse to not put any money into this lovely game.

Yeah, a lot of folks are pissed, the reason the community has cynically ascribed to this maneuver by CG is that the feel the crystal sub is too good a value, which is why everyone buys that and then DOESN'T buy boosters.

I'm assuming they've taken it from the shop to reset our memories and expectations and they'll at it in against as a 30 day sub, but with a shittier dollar/crystal value.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

All they will succeed in doing with that manoeuvre, if that's what theyre doing, is to ween me off the extra crystals for good.

Nice job EA - no, seriously, thank you!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

So I knew they were adding gear to Shard Shop. I did not expect them to remove all character shards except Greivous. That kind of sucks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

So I knew they were adding gear to Shard Shop. I did not expect them to remove all character shards except Greivous. That kind of sucks.

Not really, how often did a character shard pop up in there you could use that wasn't literally darth vader or his ship, which are both purchasable from the fleet store at far greater consistency?

Keep in mind, the shard shop was AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALWAYS meant to be for whales to have something to do with their excess character shards, and buying other characters was an okay deal for a while, but by now every whale has 7* everything... what they need is more loving stun cuffs, stun guns, carbantis, and holo sims.

Viola.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I don't think i have seen Vader shards in the fleet store at all in September...I was hoping to get him to 7* before R2 appears again but at this rate it will literally take a year to get him from 84/85 to 7*.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Not really, how often did a character shard pop up in there you could use that wasn't literally darth vader or his ship, which are both purchasable from the fleet store at far greater consistency?

Keep in mind, the shard shop was AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALWAYS meant to be for whales to have something to do with their excess character shards, and buying other characters was an okay deal for a while, but by now every whale has 7* everything... what they need is more loving stun cuffs, stun guns, carbantis, and holo sims.

Viola.

I grabbed some shards from there occasionally for particularly rare shards I needed help with (Hoth Rebel...something popped up in there in the last week or two), so I saw it as a handy way to turn shards you didn't really need into shards you did need. But I guess you're right, that isn't helpful for someone who has everybody at 7*.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey look another special toon who requires a FO team of which I have none at 7*

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

I don't think i have seen Vader shards in the fleet store at all in September...I was hoping to get him to 7* before R2 appears again but at this rate it will literally take a year to get him from 84/85 to 7*.

Fleet store is your best bet, but yeah, they're pretty rare. I think most of mine came from cheevos.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I'm ok with the shop changes if it lets me buy carbantis, stun cuffs, and whatever those purple frisbees are called.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Popete posted:

Hey look another special toon who requires a FO team of which I have none at 7*

It looks to me like BB8 is going to be in a challenge similar to yoda/palpatine/thrawn, in that there will be challenges at each star level and he unlocks at 5*. So if you can get your FO guys to 5* (not the easiest thing if you haven't been working on them), you'll at least unlock him.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

It looks to me like BB8 is going to be in a challenge similar to yoda/palpatine/thrawn, in that there will be challenges at each star level and he unlocks at 5*. So if you can get your FO guys to 5* (not the easiest thing if you haven't been working on them), you'll at least unlock him.

Yeah I might be able to scrounge up enough to at least unlock him, but whats the point in that? I have a bunch of short time event chars unlocked at low star levels that I can't progress in because they have no nodes. Just gotta wait around until the next time the event pops up and hope I remembered to work on my FO team before then. That is along with working on my Phoenix/Resistance/Jawa/Leia/Old Ben teams at the same time.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Popete posted:

Yeah I might be able to scrounge up enough to at least unlock him, but whats the point in that? I have a bunch of short time event chars unlocked at low star levels that I can't progress in because they have no nodes. Just gotta wait around until the next time the event pops up and hope I remembered to work on my FO team before then. That is along with working on my Phoenix/Resistance/Jawa/Leia/Old Ben teams at the same time.

He could be helpful in TBs for Platoons at early levels, I guess. But I am exactly no where on FO toons not named Phasma, so I'm going to have to hope some other members of my guild get that done for TBs.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So they're making changes to TB starting next time.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/134276/territory-battle-cadence-and-reward-changes

Highlights:
1: Alternating Mo day/Thursday start times
2: Increased pay outs as well as payouts every phase instead of at the end.
3: More bonus missions to earn TB currency.
4: Required characters for combat missions won't be required in the same areas platoons.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So 6 days duration with a 4 day cd is staying? The rewards better loving quadruple.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
TB did start back up again, so make sure you get your attacks in today. Do the special Phoenix missions if you can

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

RC Cola posted:

TB did start back up again, so make sure you get your attacks in today. Do the special Phoenix missions if you can

This is important. Even if the territory is at 3*, you can still contribute by doing the special phoenix mission.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The special Phoenix mission is surprisingly difficult for a mission that is all-or-nothing for rewards and has a minimum of 2*, level 45 characters.

I'm level 70 and my Phoenix squad is 65-ish, in phase 3 I was fighting level 80 enemies. If you got something for beating each phase it wouldn't be so bad but...

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Edit: It's just the bonus missions where you don't.

I wish there was some place to read about the enemies you fight in TB. I had them chaining 4+ bonus attacks on me every turn today. Wish I knew how that works.

Canemacar fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 21, 2017

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Canemacar posted:

I wish there was some place to read about the enemies you fight in TB. I had them chaining 4+ bonus attacks on me every turn today. Wish I knew how that works.

The snow trooper ops guys counter attack and call assists on their first attack, so if there is more than one they can set off a chain of attacks

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah if you havent figured it out already: kill snowtrooper ops with extreme prejudice. They suuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

Join the 'cord, we've got a breakdown of TB posted in there.