Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

89 posted:

Ok, so I'm confused.

I beat the game and have a power level of 229.

Now what? I've been doing some public events and quests here and there. Following the challenges as well.

But I'm kind of confused if I need to be turning in my tokens I keep getting. Also, I've been storing all of my armor and weapons I get in the Vault so I can later fuse them, maybe? Maybe I should be breaking them all down? I dunno :shrug:

Now it's basically quests (until you run out of those), daily challenges, weekly milestones, as many public events as you'd care to grind, strikes if you want a lot of XP and bright engrams, and eventually raid or trials teams when your light and skill get high enough.

There's no reason to hoard tokens, there's no other use for them beyond giving them to the destination contacts for drops. Weapons, go ahead and save the ones you'd like to keep using but you'll also need the legendary shards you get from breaking them down going forward so anything that looks boring can be dismantled.

e: Adventures can be repeated, 4 random ones per planet per day if you talk to the guy. Campaign missions can be repeated 3 per week in the tower. There's no real reason to do this other than nostalgia (and a bit of XP, and Ikora's unique loot).

haveblue fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i'm convinced triple jump is the best jump in the game now that i've messed with it a bit

triple jump > double jump > titan jump >>>> warlock glide. at least with hunters and titans if i fall off a ledge i MIGHT be able to make it back up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah there isn't much to "get" this time around, just keep playing and you'll keep getting better stuff, at least in my experience. I've only had the game since last Friday and without any kind of coherent goal at all I've gotten to 270-ish with tons of different Exotics and Legendaries.

Maybe RNGesus has just been good to me but I haven't felt like anything has been a "grind". Several times I've just sort of walked into/by a Public Event and "joined" it as it ended and got a Leg/Exotic Engram (after which I make sure to do the finger-guns emote at everyone standing near the chest)

Wander around, find secret stuff, shoot things, git gud.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CheeseFactory posted:

Might be a good idea to hold onto then until ll 30 gets unlocked

That's a good idea, I'll try to hold off unless I get really starved and impatient.

I will. Maybe. gently caress.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not that the Warlock jump is perfect, but how many of you complaining about it haven't figured out that you can "cancel" it?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

drat, I wish there were more guns with that aesthetic in this game. A lot of the weapons look boringly interchangeable, though I guess that's mostly because I like the feel of certain "brands" of guns and tend to gravitate toward them.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

Not that the Warlock jump is perfect, but how many of you complaining about it haven't figured out that you can "cancel" it?

Do people really not know you can cancel jumps?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PerrineClostermann posted:

Do people really not know you can cancel jumps?

A lot of people don't know you can cancel the glide, apparently, yes.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

drat, I wish there were more guns with that aesthetic in this game. A lot of the weapons look boringly interchangeable, though I guess that's mostly because I like the feel of certain "brands" of guns and tend to gravitate toward them.

The Prospector looks loving fantastic but its gimmick is dubiously useful at best. :(

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

knowing when to cancel and restart a warlock glide made flying through the air on my titan a cakewalk. it comforting to know there are people out there doing 140 strikes @ 250+ that can't hit the platforms.

and yeah the Prospector is not good. that word does not yet apply to nade launchers.

on that note i just got a 298 rocket from the NF, i have a bunch stored but i'm assuming purple wise the is Curtain Call is the best choice yes/no?

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 21, 2017

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The warlock jump is poo poo and anyone who says otherwise is just making excuses.

96 spacejam posted:

on that note i just got a 298 rocket from the NF, i have a bunch stored but i'm assuming purple wise the is Curtain Call is the best choice yes/no?

It's pretty good in pve on large ground-based enemies but overall I prefer the Blue Shift because of the massive damage and blast radius.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 21, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want to be off work and playing. Then let the kids play on their accounts and watch them do the story. It's cool to watch them enjoy things.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Republicans posted:

The warlock jump is poo poo and anyone who says otherwise is just making excuses.

the glide is bad but it's all i know anymore and i only use it for farming. blink or die.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
probably the number one tip for this week's night fall is to just take the first outdoor section with the arc pulses slow. Well not slow but, methodical. Kill the enemies, stick together, look around for anomalies. There's also a hidden anomaly in a cave on the left.

Trying to speed past on sparrows will get you torn to shreds by pikes/snipers, scatters you all, and then you spend a bunch of time dead, so you don't save any time.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

probably the number one tip for this week's night fall is to just take the first outdoor section with the arc pulses slow. Well not slow but, methodical. Kill the enemies, stick together, look around for anomalies. There's also a hidden anomaly in a cave on the left.

Trying to speed past on sparrows will get you torn to shreds by pikes/snipers, scatters you all, and then you spend a bunch of time dead, so you don't save any time.

this seems to be the way to go. lfg finally put me in a group with 2 competent friends and they did this. any lost time in the dark platform room. we finished with 2 min or so left, no cheesing.

every other group was 290-305 light pubbies who would die 6 times before getting to the lights that are surrounded by mobs.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Republicans posted:

Get good, scrub :colbert:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

precision posted:

The problem is that the glide's main feature of aborting all momentum is very rarely useful but having an actual double jump is almost always great. In order to make all the just-too-wide-for-normal-jumping platforms with a Titan you double jump like any other game and you don't even need to know in advance if it requires double jumping. With a warlock you have to double tap, slowly float, then tap again to drop. It's my favorite class but aside from blink shenanigans the jump is needlessly poo poo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Republicans posted:

I think it's fun to float around in the air and use the hover options to float in the air raining poo poo on aliens.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

"falling with style"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I don't get the jump hate for the best class, but that's OK because I love it.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
purple dunkin space jesus

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've been playing Warlock since D1 Alpha, Glide is garbage compared to the other jump abilities. Any benefit you gain from it is already done with another classes jump or just really isn't very useful except in a few circumstances. Yea it's gotten better but that's mainly because every other jump has been nerfed somewhat and now there's a subclass branch that takes advantage of being in the air as much as possible.

Like, there was an exotic helmet in D1 for Titan that would let you hover in the air while you ADSed just like you do with the similar perk in the Warlock Sunsinger, but you don't have to live with Glide to get that benefit (just give up an exotic slot).

If D2 Titans could ADS and shoot while using their Better Control jump then Warlock airplay would be pointless.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 21, 2017

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Glide definitely gets you more horizontal distance compared to the other jumps

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Warlock jump is the best because I've never played the other classes and never will because they're dogshit not space wizards and I don't give a gently caress what they do.

SquirrelGrip posted:

purple dunkin space jesus

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Year 4 and we still only have a few honest to god different guns.

Only 2 smgs. 4 autos. 4 scouts. 4 pulse and 3 hcs.

All with set rolls.

loving hell bungie. Been playing 2 weeks and have everything in the loving game.

Also all the armor is the same minus the looks.

Trials guns dont offer additional perks or anything. There is no light level enabled pvp, but who loving cares because everyone is 305 light anyway.

Armor mods are completely worthless and do nothing. Raid or trials armor does nothing different. Running 10 armor over 5 gives you a INSAIN 5 extra hp.

Its getting bland real fast.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Sep 21, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

JBP posted:

Warlock jump is the best because I've never played the other classes and never will because they're dogshit not space wizards and I don't give a gently caress what they do.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
People keep saying trials weapons don't have extra perks, but my trials shotgun has two perks, as does my raid pulse, and my other purples have one. So am I misunderstanding them or missing something?

Do they just mean there aren't trials unique perks?

Mithross fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Sep 21, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
"I poop socked like crazy for 3 weeks and there's nothing left to do!"

That post will never ever get old. :allears:

tfw you forget what subclass you are

:negative:

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I got a Better Devil's - are hand cannons viable in pve?

When I get head shots with my Origin Story I swear the sound of the gun changes slightly - is this really happening?

Are there any "increase the speed of your melee" type perks on anything?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You've been playing nonstop for two weeks calm yourself

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

huh posted:

I got a Better Devil's - are hand cannons viable in pve?

When I get head shots with my Origin Story I swear the sound of the gun changes slightly - is this really happening?

Are there any "increase the speed of your melee" type perks on anything?

better devils is one of the best handcannons and is fine in pve, although not for everything in pve, just like most things.

I don't know?

Speed, no. Range and recharge yes.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

"I poop socked like crazy for 3 weeks and there's nothing left to do!"

That post will never ever get old. :allears:

tfw you forget what subclass you are

:negative:

I've been playing nonstop since launch (except for that drat hurricane) and I still have plenty to do. :allears:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I had no idea faction gear was dropping already :arghfist::(

lookin forward to having an excuse to go hang out in the bomb-rear end FWC room next week

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I am glad to not have to pump 300 hours into Destiny 2 to reach max level like I did in vanilla Destiny.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Finished the campaign last night, really enjoyed it, plenty of spectacular moments and now I just have to decide if I go loot hunting for my warlock or reroll a titam.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Macarius Wrench posted:

Finished the campaign last night, really enjoyed it, plenty of spectacular moments and now I just have to decide if I go loot hunting for my warlock or reroll a titam.

As the Notorious BIG said, give me the loot!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
- the traveler is a arkborn lightbulb
- the speaker is a con artist
- the darkness is free join obligatory stay, only kill non-members. Only faction with black shaders.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Sep 21, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Talking of shaders, I think the loot box panic was a bit undeserved considering I've only had the game less than a week and I have like 30 different shaders, half of them Legendary. I think more about the Glimmer cost than running out of dress up options. I throw shaders on guns that I know I'm gonna shard in 2 hours

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

precision posted:

Talking of shaders, I think the loot box panic was a bit undeserved considering I've only had the game less than a week and I have like 30 different shaders, half of them Legendary. I think more about the Glimmer cost than running out of dress up options. I throw shaders on guns that I know I'm gonna shard in 2 hours

I was surprised to find myself enjoying the change to how shaders work. In D1 I had a few and just threw on my favourite and that was it. Now I'm actually engaged with the "dress up" aspect of the game in a way I wouldn't be if they were unlimited use :shrug: The slippery slope microtransaction stuff is still a concern in general, and not something a full price game like this needs, but in general I prefer the way it works now.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I still can't believe how bad crucible is now, 3 melee's to kill, sticky grenades not even taking off over shield, there's no style or power fantasy in it anymore, it's a boring halo-like with capes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Well, someone found a loot cave.

It only drops white engrams and caps out at 31, but still, broken game thanks for nothing bungo.