Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Waiting for the inevitable flip when someone points out that "Well how else are Hispanics supposed to get any representation" bullshit counter-argument.

E: loving terrible new page, uh, here, hadn't seen this Stiglich posted yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"An institution is asking people not to be assholes...What a bunch of chumps:smuggo:"

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

You realize the irony, right? Their entire business is centred around dealing with uncertainty. There is an insurance company whose mascot is the personification of uncertainty itself!

The gecko?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Police just murdered a deaf man because they thought his walking stick was a weapon. I guess what I'm trying to say is gently caress completely off.

Really, just gently caress right off. Learn to draw and gently caress off.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Alhazred posted:

"An institution is asking people not to be assholes...What a bunch of chumps:smuggo:"

She always have those toilet brush earrings?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Police just murdered a deaf man because they thought his walking stick was a weapon. I guess what I'm trying to say is gently caress completely off.

Really, just gently caress right off. Learn to draw and gently caress off.

I'm surprised this guy still exists at all to be quite honest. Feels like he dropped off the face of the earth.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Petition to replace the third "panel" of any Drunky Duck comic where he thought-narrates right at the viewers with the third "panel" from this one.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

It was obviously unfinished.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Brett Noel whipped up this cartoon back in 2004

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

axolotl farmer posted:

I don't recall Mike Pence running against John Kerry.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ramirez sure seems to think the authoritarian boots he's licking won't just crush his face as well.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

axolotl farmer posted:

I can't get over gorilla bush. Those arms. :allears:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

axolotl farmer posted:

The apex of this genre of cartoon is the masculine Ann Coulter versus hyperfeminine Hillary Clinton one. I wish I could find it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

No, that's not a particularly unpleasant house elf, it's Michael Flynn, and Robert Mueller on the right.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Selachian posted:

and Robert Mueller on the right.
If that's not Comey, I'll make a post acknowledging that I made a mistake.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

The apex of this genre of cartoon is the masculine Ann Coulter versus hyperfeminine Hillary Clinton one. I wish I could find it.

Ooh, that's the one with Clinton in a pant-suit pissing rage screaming "WHY DOESN'T ANYONE LIKE ME?" and calm cool Coulter countering with "Because you're a bitch!"

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Nope, can't find it either.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

No, not the gecko. The other one.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Somfin posted:

Waiting for the inevitable flip when someone points out that "Well how else are Hispanics supposed to get any representation" bullshit counter-argument.

So the cartoonists want straights to die in war? Well, okay then.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oops! I forgot to, etc.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Snoopy?

e: oh someone spent $10 because they don't understand the difference between Medicare and Medicaid (Medicaid for anyone who wants it (ie the Public Option) would be a better policy imo, even though I personally would be getting better coverage with Medicare)

e2: oh lol I went back to the post that was quoted and I specifically loving said that I think it should be available to anyone who wants it, jesus christ

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 21, 2017

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Somfin posted:

:eyepop:

They really have given up on dog whistles all together.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
That Stiglich is from July when the Trump trans tweet thing happened

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

SwitchbladeKult posted:

:eyepop:

They really have given up on dog whistles all together.

Nah, this is fencewalking. If you don't know stiglich's politics this could just as easily be interpreted as a sick burn on how thinly veiled republican transphobia is.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

albany academy posted:

If you don't know stiglich's politics this could just as easily be interpreted as a sick burn on how thinly veiled republican transphobia is.
Are you saying it's... a good cartoon?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Trogdos! posted:

That Stiglich is from July when the Trump trans tweet thing happened

Why only catholic charities? Why not also through government spending?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Mother Teresa might not be the best choice for a quote on charity.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Abyssal Squid posted:

Snoopy?

e: oh someone spent $10 because they don't understand the difference between Medicare and Medicaid (Medicaid for anyone who wants it (ie the Public Option) would be a better policy imo, even though I personally would be getting better coverage with Medicare)

e2: oh lol I went back to the post that was quoted and I specifically loving said that I think it should be available to anyone who wants it, jesus christ

I actually agree, the library post would have been a way better thing to base a redtext av around

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I love this poo poo. Puerto Rico is an American territory, subject to and benefitting from any government spending/program Congress approves. An American territory with infrastructure boned enough to be without power for half a year (they're estimating) needs an emergency spending bill, not St. Mercy of NoAbortions to come rescue them.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

Our founding fathers never wrote the Central Intelligence Agency into our Constitution—and with good reason.

An unaccountable institution that can hide under the claim of ‘national security’ at every turn while conducting secret operations that include routine violations of our Bill of Rights and even outright torture would be unthinkable to the great men who started our Republic.

The CIA has over 21,000 employees under a $15 billion dollar annual budget and perhaps more (think about the missing trillions just before the 9-11 attack). Add up the budgets of all the secretive alphabet agencies and it pushes $50 billion per year. Combined with the tax dollars that are fire hosed into the military industrial complex and we’re looking at over $800 billion per year spent on a military empire controlled by operatives who are unaccountable to We The People. In other words, we aren’t allowed to know where much of the money is being spent. Hush hush! Just shut up and pay the shadow government.

The CIA had its origins in WWII. Spy operations and code cracking existed among the various military branches and the FBI, but it was decided in 1947 that a ‘centralized’ agency was needed to better coordinate and comprehend the data. Thus the CIA was created under The National Security Act of 1947. President Truman found that he had a private army theoretically under his power, but later on he expressed trepidation toward a ‘dangerous’ and secretive agency capable of all sorts of clandestine operations that could spark war and conflict with other countries.

Kennedy heeded Eisenhower’s warnings about the military industrial complex and secret organizations gaining too much control over our country and he decided to do something about it. CIA Chief Allen Dulles was instrumental in the coup in Iran that installed the hated Shah. He also was involved in the coup in Guatemala and failed coup against Castro. Kennedy at first praised Dulles, but wised up later on during his administration and fired him. Allen Dulles was miffed. Kennedy was assassinated. LBJ appointed Dulles to head the Warren Commission, which helped cover up evidence while pinning the blame on a ‘lone gunman,’ Oswald. With Kennedy gone, the CIA and the Deep State were able to pursue Vietnam and rake in the dough while 58,220 Americans died in a futile war. LBJ himself profited handsomely because he controlled a huge amount of Bell Helicopter stock.

The CIA has grown use to overthrowing governments and they got away with it again when Kennedy was killed. Most people in those days trusted their government and the mainstream media. They swallowed what the Warren Commission shoveled. The CIA’s string of successes made them grow even bolder. It got so bad that President Ford set up an Intelligence Oversight Board to help stop abuses. The CIA promptly made sure the board was filled with cronies by the time Bush came along. The board did nothing. Whistle blowers were harassed and silenced.

The movie “Snowden” helped reveal the CIA’s modus operandi and it’s abhorrent. Edward Snowden is the quintessential whistle blower who believes in our Constitution. He showed how the CIA and its spinoff, the NSA routinely records everything we say on the Internet and on cell phones. People are being spied on through their own web cams on personal computers. Make sure you keep that covered! Computer microphones are turned on remotely and we are listened to. They can even track us through ’smart’ TVs. This is all a violation of our Fourth Amendment and each instance is a felony, but it helps them dig up dirt to extort us all and especially Congress. The CIA chief under Obama, John Brennan, even hacked Congress directly and got away with it. It was Snowden’s duty to sound the alarm and he did that courageously. I believe he should be pardoned, but unfortunately President Trump doesn’t see it that way and even called Snowden a ‘traitor.’ You’re wrong, Mr. President. It’s the operatives in the CIA and the Deep State military industrial complex that are the traitors. It’s time to do what President Kennedy wanted to do: Break them up and make them accountable to the rule of law under our Constitution. And while you’re at it, let’s break up the central banks and end the Fed, too.

—Ben Garrison

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lmao. Couldn't even bring himself to draw Trump as the one being owned by the CIA dog. That might make Trump look weak! And you can't use Obama either because that'd make it look like he's not behind everything!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

God, to be this ignorant.

*trombone*

drat, TWO snarky corner cartoonist lines.

No no no, it's Obama that gets the rainbow suspenders.

Republicans actually know drat well how much they're trying to kill Americans. A Bad Cartoon.

"Trump tweets" is basically the new go-to for lazy cartoons, so no surprise that Gorrell has jumped on it.

Trump is the fittest of the us all. A terrifying prospect.

Selling us the rope we shall hang them with :ussr:

America and blind nationalism are terrible, so any person saying this should indeed be treated with caution.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I know Garrison is the worst at labels but USA on Uncle Sam :nallears:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ben Garrison posted:

Our founding fathers never wrote the Central Intelligence Agency into our Constitution—and with good reason.

Gee...it's almost like the Constitution...can be amended over time. Who'd have thunk it?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Gee...it's almost like the Constitution...can be amended over time. Who'd have thunk it?

You see. When the founding fathers made the constitution. They used thier god like future sight to prepare America for all future contingencies. Any thing added or amended is just jews traitors trying destroy America.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Lurdiak posted:

Lmao. Couldn't even bring himself to draw Trump as the one being owned by the CIA dog. That might make Trump look weak! And you can't use Obama either because that'd make it look like he's not behind everything!
That's exactly what came to mind. It's showing the relationship between the president and the CIA, and then suddenly the reversal happens but the president's nowhere to be seen.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hihohe posted:

You see. When the founding fathers made the constitution. They used thier god like future sight to prepare America for all future contingencies. Any thing added or amended is just jews traitors trying destroy America.

The constitution would not be very good if it had goals that are easy to achieve or where outdated. Is better if a constitution always aim at the future, and how to get there is left to more mundane laws.

I mean, a good constitution is made of dreams and glows in the dark while it hums hums happiness and hope for the future.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Pants Donkey posted:

America and blind nationalism are terrible, so any person saying this should indeed be treated with caution.

If he's so pro America, where are the good jobs for America? Where's the prosperity business racist is supposed to bring about by now? Why is he importing more indentured immigrants?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Xander77 posted:

Are you saying it's... a good cartoon?

You got me... The dreaded longform :umberto: AGC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

• Locked thread