Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
It begins.

2/11. Rosa BSB, Eiko BSB. Both dupes.

Total: 2 dupes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Can't complain with that! I like hybrid characters too.

Time to work up Iris!

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I got an Iris BSB(dupe), Eiko BSB, and Larsa BSB.

Yay? Still freakin' lacking Y'shtola's BSB.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 21, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
1/11 Lenna BSB. Shrug?

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
2/11. Arc and Yuna BSB2.

freaking Arc coming out of nowhere to declare I have all his non-unique crap. And I guess another +holy robe is cool too, that's Lenna Armor, WHM Robe (3), WoL Shield, and that for +holy for me now.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

4/11 no dupes.

I think I win this draw.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
3/11, no dupes: Rosa, Yuna 2, Ovelia

If that's what I can expect from these luckies, I'm hype

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
For academic purposes:

Sarah's Light Robe (I)
Arc's Staff of the Magi (III)
Rosa's Perseus Bow (IV)
Ceodore's Enhancer (IV)
Porom's Zeus Mace (IV)
Lenna's Nirvana (V)
Relm's Magical Brush (VI)
Aerith's Wizer Rod (VII)
Eiko's Hamelin (IX)
Yuna's Summoner's Garb (X)
Aphmau's Aristocrat's Crown (XI)
Penelo's Zeus Mace (XII)
Larsa's Princely Raiment (XII)
Vanille's Mistilteinn (XIII)
Y'shtola's Healer's Circlet (XIV)
Iris's Moogle Plushie (XV)
Ovelia's Mage's Staff (FFT)
Deuce's Deuce's Akademia Uniform (Type-0)

Nothing changed from the JP banner save the absence of Echo and Aemo's respective BSBs.

(Also, I pulled Larsa and Ovelia, both new for me)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Ovelia bsb
Alphmau bsb
Porom bsb

No dupes but already have Rosas bsb so Porom is a bit useless

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Porom, Iris, Larsa. No dupes.

That's really good. I only had one BSB to begin with so Ysh will probably enjoy the rest too.

I like the option of having astra or 30/30 with the healer.

I was worried about a third hasteboostfaithga for the crystal tower but if I use Deployment Tactics, Porom BSB and Tyro USB2 that should cover it. Mage team of course.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
2/11: Porom, Vanille, no dupes

Not bad I guess but I don't think I'll be using these anytime soon. Really was hoping for Yuna or Iris since I have Yuna's USB and Iris' LMR. Oh well!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The full selection choices for the 3rd Anniversary free one time 11-draw + choice are:

quote:

I: Warrior of Light OSB/BSB, Sarah SSB
II: Firion OSB/BSB, Minwu SSB
III: Luneth OSB/BSB, Arc SSB2
IV: P.Cecil OSB/BSB1, Rosa SSB
V: Bartz OSB/BSB2, Lenna SSB
VI: Celes OSB/BSB1, Relm SSB
VII: Sephiroth OSB/BSB2, Aerith SSB
VIII: Quistis OSB/BSB, Selphie SSB
IX: Zidane OSB/BSB1, Eiko SSB
X: Tidus OSB/BSB1, Yuna SSB2
XI: Ayame OSB/BSB, Prishe SSB
XII: Balthier OSB/BSB2, Larsa SSB1
XIII: Lightning OSB/BSB2, Vanille SSB
XIV: Papalymo OSB/BSB, Y'shtola SSB2
XV: Noctis OSB/BSB, Iris SSB
FFT: Agrias OSB/BSB, Ovelia SSB1

Hogama fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Sep 21, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Nice choices. Sephiroth is a bit of an oddball among a bunch of heroes but sure.

Lots of enelement+OSB power packages.

If I could pick one now I'd go for my boy Pecil despite it being a low power level choice.

Also watch the eventual GL version have Tiny Bee in it

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Boom. One dupe, but otherwise awesome. I now have a medica for every realm but 11.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Ceodore BSB
Aerith BSB
Relm BSB

No dupes

Now I have 4 aerith relics, with this easily being the best by a huuuuuuuuuuuge margin.

Relm has her USB and now bsb, so she'll see more use I think, especially as my best source of last stand.

Ceodore's bsb is now my best offensive melee weapon in IV, and it seems pretty great too. Love off-healers. May fit right into the IV torment, I've only done the 200 so far.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

2/11, Arc and Larsa's BSBs. Arc will be nice for Cid Missions, and Larsa is my first source of Astra, so pretty handy pull. I'm really surprised I didn't get any dupes since I have 6 medica-entry BSBs already.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Grabbed the Bard Draw: Sarah BSB and Deuce BSB. Nice to have some Type-0 synergy since I skipped the banner and Sarah is pretty nice too with the Mblink and instant Renewing Curaga.

This means I actually care about getting more bard motes now because I have stuff for Tyro, Sarah, Edward, Cait Sith and Deuce, so someone is getting shafted now.

Not exactly what I wanted but no dupes is always something to be happy about (especially tomorrow where I fear a Cloud, Squall and Lightning BSB1 dupe).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Schwartzcough posted:

Might be worth pointing that it's actually SEVEN percent, not seven-hundred percent. Each hit does 7% of the combined damage he did with summons during the EX mode. And apparently his burst commands are considered R1, so it mostly wants you to bring R5 summons and just hope the battle ends quickly.

And can Luneth use any wind abilities of any note except slow jumps, or his own BSB? I don't much care for that USB, since using the slow 6* (or upcoming 5*) jumps will eat up his EX mode like nothing.

It is super easy to cap Alphinaud's USB final strike, since the entry counts, as does any +Summon damage Alphinaud has in his dives or materia slots.

Luneth can record dive to Spellblade 5 so he can also use Tornado Strike.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

First Day: 3/11 (Dupe) Yuna's BSB2 and Iris' BSB (times 2).

I would've liked getting something for XII, Tactics or the older games, but I won't complain for stopping being an Irony with my first native Astra.

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 21, 2017

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
1/11 Sarah's BSB which looks surprisingly good upon closer inspection.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

2/11 - no dupes

Relm - Magic Brush - Last stand + instant curaja :woop:
Aphmau - Aristocrat's Crown - Not sure WTF is going on with this one...

peekaboo gangster
Sep 12, 2003

Thanks to everyone's help a few pages back, I was able to take down the Hydra Magicite boss in about a minute with Bartz, Galuf, OK, Ramza, and Rosa (with only her SSB but ye gods). Took it down two more times with the help of dampening effects from the magicite I gained, and now I'm eyeballing either a certain blue whale or his icy sealion counterpart. Here's how it looked:

(Ramza NOOO)

So far I've gotten 2 Hydras and an Enlil, as well as a Ymir for beating the third one in about 45 seconds, as well as a bunch of 1 stars. I figured with my luck so far, might as well give a shot on the Healer Lucky (even though I've got Y'shtola, Larsa, and Aerith already)... hit 5 orbs, and, well, uh:

:derp:

Not a *single* dupe among them, and finally I've got stuff for 4 past Rosa's SSB and Cecil's SSB and Overstrike! Sucks that I used up all my Lucky Draw luck on this banner instead of the next two, but you pays your mythril and takes yer chances

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

4/11 no dupes, are the rates just higher on this banner? Seeing a lot better pulls around for this one.

Relm, Deuce, Penelo and Ovellia, no dupes. I don't know if I'll use any of them, I typically use Eiko or Vanille.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

The rates seem better because I didn't post about my 2/11 1 dupe banner :v:

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

In other news:

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/09/20/ffrkcentral-to-shut-down-by-end-of-month

FFRKCentral is shutting down, including the RW finder. The guy running it just doesn't play anymore.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

djfooboo posted:

Aphmau - Aristocrat's Crown - Not sure WTF is going on with this one...

Aphmau is Yuna BSB2, but with ST Lightning/NE damage that scales off MND, and a Cura on the Activation cast of CMD1.

It's basically a Medica to stick on your mage team (or Lightning team) for the extra Faithga. The MND boost helps Aphmau heal more on the commands and second cast.

Basically CMD1 for the Cura then CMD2 spam, and you'll get a Medica command with extra splash damage.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

pichupal posted:

Basically CMD1 for the Cura then CMD2 spam, and you'll get a Medica command with extra splash damage.

Thanks, the description wasn't very helpful. I thought maybe "Activated" was some new ability I didn't know about.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

:toot:
wanted medicas for IV and XIII, nice. Not sure about Yuna's BSB2 since I have her SSB2 and I think that might be better, but this is a nice pull

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

bilperkins2 posted:

In other news:

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/09/20/ffrkcentral-to-shut-down-by-end-of-month

FFRKCentral is shutting down, including the RW finder. The guy running it just doesn't play anymore.

It's not just that. DeNA also changed how the account transfer codes work, and the site wouldn't be functional for much longer.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

1/11 wizer rod; a mediocre pull in a vacuum but I avoided my 5 dupes and vii is one of the very few realms where I still lacked a native medica, so I'm happy with it.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I went in 4/18 and got 2/11 no dupes. Porom and Aphmau, which are pretty similar to each other. Can't complain though, I've been wanting one of these healer faithgas and now I have options for my Magicite teams.

It now adds another dupe to my Banner 4 of the fest which leaves me probably not doing a single banner pull. Oh well, more mythril for future OP banners.

Nihilarian posted:

wanted medicas for IV and XIII, nice. Not sure about Yuna's BSB2 since I have her SSB2 and I think that might be better, but this is a nice pull

It's a good pull. Some people have leaned on her BSB2 as an extra boost for Magicite clears. Now I need some better mage relics.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
No Asylum but no dupes either. I'll accept this.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

1/11 for Ceodore's Enhancer. I needed neither more holy relics, nor more FFIV non-Rosa relics, nor any BSB without AoE cure commands.

Basically this was the worst possible draw I could get for this banner. I'd rather have a dupe for one of the three healer BSBs I already have so at least they'd have a better stat stick. All the rest of the items were 3* as well.

Terrible start. Hopefully it doesn't continue like this.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
3/11 Relm, Rosa and Eiko BSBs, none of them dupes. :hellyeah:

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
3/11, Yshtola Dupe, 2x Porom BSB. It gives me an 8-star asylum hat, I guess? that's neat.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Think I'm skipping this lucky, there's 4 dupes on the banner and that includes Yuna, Vanille and Yshtola's, so I don't think there's anything on this banner that would be of any use to me in regular content / magicite.

There's a few that would be nice for doing CMs but that seems like a bad reason to pull.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

There's more than 4 good relics on this though? I had mistilteinn and asylum already but drat a half price pull on at least 1 guaranteed burst just seems like a good way to be.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yeah, I got 5 here, and of them I have Vanille and Yshtola and Yuna. I'm waiting for tomorrow

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
2x Penelo Bsb dupes :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Nihilarian posted:

I use Yuna's BSB2 on mage teams if I need either extra healing or a lot of AOE damage. If you use the summon x2 rm you can get some nice damage out of her. I've been leaning on her medica entry to balance out Relm's B&B'S cura-level healing. She has a nice balance of healing and damage, and she makes your mages hit harder and your healers heal better. If you have her SSB2, that's just a nice emergency backup if damage is getting too intense.
It's honestly one if my favorite BSBs, it provides a lot of utility.

• Locked thread