Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
My warlock alt is level 11 in one day just from Crucible and like, 5 story missions. I couldn't let the Cayde unit just sit in a teleportation loop forever!

Whose better voiced? Cayde or Shaxx?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, for the long cooldowns on poo poo they made it pretty anemic. I got used to it, but I'm still not pleased. I'm hoping we get fat on darkness power and become space demigods again

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

ratbert90 posted:

My warlock alt is level 11 in one day just from Crucible and like, 5 story missions. I couldn't let the Cayde unit just sit in a teleportation loop forever!

Shaxx because he's almost a new character rather than literal Fillion.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

ratbert90 posted:

I smashed my Titan alt up to 20 in about 4 hours by popping a fireteam token, getting through the story enough to unlock Titan and spamming the 2 public events there mercilessly. It's such a great cheese spot for drops, tokens, XP, glimmer.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Why isn't there an Oddball gametype where you have to hold on to a dinklebot for as long as possible?

quote:

- the darkness is free join obligatory stay, only kill non-members. Only faction with black shaders.

The Tower empties, all hope is lost

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Unbroken 30kd match of Control of mine from yesterday: https://youtu.be/ke2hoPxWEAY

That fusion rifle is a green story mission reward which drops at level 6. I have not found another like it or better. It is an absolute monster. Can't remember the name of it. Ill look it up next time I'm on.

I'm using Crest of Alpha Lupi, really good for oh gently caress situations and for a quick burst of health.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

CheeseFactory posted:

Unbroken 30kd match of Control of mine from yesterday: https://youtu.be/ke2hoPxWEAY

That fusion rifle is a green story mission reward which drops at level 6. I have not found another like it or better. It is an absolute monster. Can't remember the name of it. Ill look it up next time I'm on.

I'm using Crest of Alpha Lupi, really good for oh gently caress situations and for a quick burst of health.

Dude what is your load out and what guns are those?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Thanks for reminding me how boring the non Warlock classes are I'm sure throwing up a 5 ft wall is more fun than throwing a literal insta kill blackhole

edit: I think he's using the Pariah AR as his kinetic btw

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 21, 2017

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Adregan posted:

Dude what is your load out and what guns are those?

600 rpm sub machine gun primary. Can't remember the name.

The Auto Rifle is Uriels Gift.

Im running the double nade subtree of striker. 4 mobility. 10 armor. 3 recov.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

96 spacejam posted:

Thanks for reminding me how boring the non Warlock classes are I'm sure throwing up a 5 ft wall is more fun than throwing a literal insta kill blackhole

edit: I think he's using the Pariah AR as his kinetic btw

I too compare the classes based on an ability that recharges every 25 seconds versus a super which you get once per match.

But warlocks are good and im glad your enjoying yours.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
*quietly add himself to the striker titan master race* :-I

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
gently caress I wish you could access your storage from anywhere. It's super annoying having to sit through like 4 long rear end loading screens just to swap a weapon between characters.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

gently caress I wish you could access your storage from anywhere. It's super annoying having to sit through like 4 long rear end loading screens just to swap a weapon between characters.

theres multiple phone apps and a website.

the website:
https://www.destinyitemmanager.com/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

The official phone app and many third party ones can help here.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

I too compare the classes based on an ability that recharges every 25 seconds versus a super which you get once per match.

But warlocks are good and im glad your enjoying yours.

2 or 3 sometimes 4 with Ahamkara on, I don't think I've seen more than 2 walls in one match since it seems that purple shield throw thing is preferred despite more misses than dawnblade

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A brief striker tutorial for strikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcABYNgrEqo

(switched back to hawthorne's shotgun after this, the slug shotgun is cool but full auto murder cannon takes stuff down way faster)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

The official phone app and many third party ones can help here.

Is Destiny Companion the official phone app?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Put a shortcut to DIM on your home screen

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

xzzy posted:

A brief striker tutorial for strikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcABYNgrEqo

(switched back to hawthorne's shotgun after this, the slug shotgun is cool but full auto murder cannon takes stuff down way faster)

I like how at the end it looks like your dude is so hulked out he can't tell friend from foe and is about to deck that other guardian.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

96 spacejam posted:

2 or 3 sometimes 4 with Ahamkara on, I don't think I've seen more than 2 walls in one match since it seems that purple shield throw thing is preferred despite more misses than dawnblade

You're comparing a super to a class ability.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

96 spacejam posted:

The wall is the titan ability for pressing circles not the super.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Look buddy, I'm a thick solid tight warlock main and even I'll admit that Titans have a good thing going with that barrier. The animation of throwing it up also seems to provide damage resistance, unlike the warlock rift animation

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

All the classes own. Why isn't there a 4th?

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
How are you all handling the final gauntlet run? With my normal group it just seems to work with minimal call outs of who has to get an orb. But last night we took two new guys through and for some reason it just went to poo poo on the last run two times in a row.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

is it part of a bad pvp subclass cause I rarely see it.

Space mages, for pvp I can't think of a reason to use anything other than Transversive at the moment but I haven't done my due diligence in pve. I'm assuming Nezarec's regens ability faster if you're using a void energy weapon, but stacking two devours while building class ability seems pretty sexy. I have a Skull as well for my void but it seems more situational unless that armor buff is significant. Is there a standout yet?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nezarec's didn't seem particularly quick and I went back to the vape helmet

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Some Zero posted:

How are you all handling the final gauntlet run? With my normal group it just seems to work with minimal call outs of who has to get an orb. But last night we took two new guys through and for some reason it just went to poo poo on the last run two times in a row.

My group set an order (me and another pass first, two other guys pass second, etc) and then just call what orbs we're taking. We always have a couple gently caress up and die because we're slow, though.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Some Zero posted:

Your 2 main runners grab an orb every gate. The other four split into two groups of two: the first group grabs orbs at 1, 3, and 5 and the other grabs 2 and 4.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Is there a bug with Hawthorne's clan rewards? Nightfall and crucible are showing as complete but there is nothing for me to pick up from her.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

I like how at the end it looks like your dude is so hulked out he can't tell friend from foe and is about to deck that other guardian.

That's literally what I was doing. I was still processing whether or not everything was dead, saw movement, and ran straight at it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Look buddy, I'm a thick solid tight warlock main and even I'll admit that Titans have a good thing going with that barrier. The animation of throwing it up also seems to provide damage resistance, unlike the warlock rift animation

I just started my titan, and the wall is great in PVP because it can actually stop you from getting lit up as you try to avoid a three man murder train.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Brine posted:

Is there a bug with Hawthorne's clan rewards? Nightfall and crucible are showing as complete but there is nothing for me to pick up from her.

If you just joined the clan, I think joins after the engrams are completed don't count for you. Im pretty sure it will work for you next week

Speaking of, the Fully Automated Luxury Gay Engram Dispensers gifted me with that Raid launcher. Cluster bombs own

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Waffle House posted:

If you just joined the clan, I think joins after the engrams are completed don't count for you. Im pretty sure it will work for you next week

Speaking of, the Fully Automated Luxury Gay Engram Dispensers gifted me with that Raid launcher. Cluster bombs own

Nah, been there since the start. Bird lady is holding out on me.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Some Zero posted:

The simplest way to explain it is 'don't pick up two orbs in a row'. Assign the first three players to pick up an orb each so you don't get mass confusion affecting the run, then just follow that rule.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Norns posted:

All the classes own. Why isn't there a 4th?

I hope they add a 4th class in an expansion or at least another subclass like they did in D1. What would it be tho?? Afaik there's only three damage types. What would a 4th class even look like? We've got warrior/rogue/wizard already...or master chief / gunslinger / ??? If you want to look at it like that...I'm really not sure!

Be cool if they added fallen as a race instead.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!

Darth Windu posted:

I hope they add a 4th class in an expansion or at least another subclass like they did in D1. What would it be tho?? Afaik there's only three damage types. What would a 4th class even look like? We've got warrior/rogue/wizard already...or master chief / gunslinger / ??? If you want to look at it like that...I'm really not sure!

Be cool if they added fallen as a race instead.

I thought I heard Ikora blab something about a 4th element type when I was getting a Mediation the other day.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm guessing that we'll get MEGA GUARDIAN mode in the future, like when those pyramid things show up. Gonna be some kind of epic galaxy saving fight to resolve whatever dispute the traveler has with the darkness and guardians will need to be supercharged to pull it off.

In practice it'll mean another silly mission where you unlock your tactical nuke super that kicks off so many particle effects it instantly incinerates your console as it tries to render it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Pet class with a hawk

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Taken subclasses incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal