Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Morby posted:

How is this not a Tim Horton's commercial?

This could very much be my perception but at least in Quebec at the time, Dunkin' Donuts seemed to be a stronger brand than Tim Horton's; hell, in Montreal I had a Dunkin' near me but I'm not even sure if I'd heard of Tim Horton's at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
AUSGOONS

If you still, somehow, have not managed to snag a SNES Mini preorder through all the other prior methods, EB Games will be taking online preorders again from Thursday morning, 10AM (21/09/17).

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

univbee posted:

This could very much be my perception but at least in Quebec at the time, Dunkin' Donuts seemed to be a stronger brand than Tim Horton's; hell, in Montreal I had a Dunkin' near me but I'm not even sure if I'd heard of Tim Horton's at the time.

Dunkerque donuts

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nintendo might have actually learned their lesson?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/910661779126067200

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/910662561158197248

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/910663642659545089

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
God I hope people buy this thing. If Nintendo went all out on production to make sure we could all get one, then SNES Classics started rotting on shelves Nintendo of Japan will never produce more than 10 of anything ever again.

Bird Law fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 21, 2017

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Buying one day one if possible but I predict I will not get my hands on one die to being a huge pessimist. :smith:

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I'm going to wait until a working hack is out, since I don't want to have to delete my saves. Anyone have a list of decent SMW romhacks that are fun without massive save state abuse?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Konstantin posted:

I'm going to wait until a working hack is out, since I don't want to have to delete my saves. Anyone have a list of decent SMW romhacks that are fun without massive save state abuse?

On the NES Classic hack you can keep the roms that came on it with their saves.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
For the lazy:
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-29-7001
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=741659089

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bird Law posted:

God I hope people buy this thing. If Nintendo went all out on production to make sure we could all get one, then SNES Classics started rotting on shelves Nintendo of Japan will never produce more than 10 of anything ever again.

The final-chance wave of EB Games AU preorders went up and are now gone in a matter of hours.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Are Toys R Us still getting SNES Classics?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

gently caress I don't know what to do.

I really don't want to pay the Gamestop ransom if there are going to be enough out there that I can just buy one. They've got me on the hook for a lovely package that's twice the retail cost for some book I don't care about and a wireless controller that I'd rather have an 8bitDo.

Do I cancel my preorder or not... hmmmm.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I would say to tell Gamestop to go gently caress themselves with their package ransom and cancel it. Of course it would mean a non-100% chance of getting a SNES Classic, but personally I'd take that risk over rewarding these retailers for doing that overpriced bundle horseshit.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

CVagts posted:

I would say to tell Gamestop to go gently caress themselves with their package ransom and cancel it. Of course it would mean a non-100% chance of getting a SNES Classic, but personally I'd take that risk over rewarding these retailers for doing that overpriced bundle horseshit.

I think you're right.

What a surprise though, there's no cancel button if I click on the order status in the email they sent me. Guess I have to jump through hoops and call customer service to cancel.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Everyone should cancel their GS pre-orders. Unless GS is your only option, don't give them your business.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Are Toys R Us still getting SNES Classics?

There shouldn't be any problem with finding them there, they just weren't doing preorders.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Waltzing Along posted:

Everyone should cancel their GS pre-orders. Unless GS is your only option, don't give them your business.

GameStop has good trade in values and of all the companies is the only one that seems to actually honor preorders.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

For you NYC goons.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/910866826548191232/photo/1

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Phantasium posted:

There shouldn't be any problem with finding them there, they just weren't doing preorders.

He probably asks because Toys R Us filed for bankruptcy this week.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

He probably asks because Toys R Us filed for bankruptcy this week.

Oh I know, but functionally until they start closing stores or something you should just assume they'll operate as usual. Bankruptcy doesn't mean they're dead immediately.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Phantasium posted:

Oh I know, but functionally until they start closing stores or something you should just assume they'll operate as usual. Bankruptcy doesn't mean they're dead immediately.

I work for them and currently there no plans to start closing any stores yet. It's currently in the refinance phase, so business as usual for the time being.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Bird Law posted:

I don't think you need to worry about that. I still am skeptical there will be enough. They will sell a fuckton of these.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rirse posted:

I work for them and currently there no plans to start closing any stores yet. It's currently in the refinance phase, so business as usual for the time being.

Much as I hate to stress a TRU employee out, bankruptcies always happen at a super-hosed pace and the end result/timing is always massively unpredictable. Future Shop employees just showed up to work one day and found their workplace shuttered, not even a heads-up to not show up that day, or any real indication that Future Shop was in dire straits. Their jobs were just...gone.

If you have any lingering TRU poo poo like pending returns, gift cards etc., get that poo poo dealt with ASAP. Do not buy anything else from TRU (except to use up gift cards), at least not without considering "all sales final" in your head because they might as well be now.

If you work for them, stop posting and get your resume out there. Doesn't matter what you were told, it's a bankruptcy and the company's word doesn't mean poo poo. Make sure you have money set aside.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

univbee posted:

Much as I hate to stress a TRU employee out, bankruptcies always happen at a super-hosed pace and the end result/timing is always massively unpredictable. Future Shop employees just showed up to work one day and found their workplace shuttered, not even a heads-up to not show up that day, or any real indication that Future Shop was in dire straits. Their jobs were just...gone.

If you have any lingering TRU poo poo like pending returns, gift cards etc., get that poo poo dealt with ASAP. Do not buy anything else from TRU (except to use up gift cards), at least not without considering "all sales final" in your head because they might as well be now.

If you work for them, stop posting and get your resume out there. Doesn't matter what you were told, it's a bankruptcy and the company's word doesn't mean poo poo. Make sure you have money set aside.

Future Shop wasn't due to bankruptcy really though. They and Best Buy were the same company and they just decided that "gently caress it, we don't need other brand competing with ourselves with a worse profit model" and so just shut it down. A lot of the Future Shop people who were good at their job just moved over to Best Buy.

I'd still get the gently caress out because gently caress retail, but it's not exactly the same situation.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

If true then it's even more of a dick move that they went "yeah, you have no job anymore starting...now! Goodluckbye"

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

Oh I have two job interviews on Friday. I still plan on being there secondary, but know very well to not trust them fully. Doubt they will start closing stores until late January when business just slows to a crawl until about June.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The final-chance wave of EB Games AU preorders went up and are now gone in a matter of hours.

My fear is that the scalpers are going to just get refunds/cancel preorders in mass once they realize there is no rarity anymore.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rirse posted:

Oh I have two job interviews on Friday. I still plan on being there secondary, but know very well to not trust them fully. Doubt they will start closing stores until late January when business just slows to a crawl until about June.

Good stuff.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

LorneReams posted:

My fear is that the scalpers are going to just get refunds/cancel preorders in mass once they realize there is no rarity anymore.

Why fear what gives scalpers pain?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Detective No. 27 posted:

Why fear what gives scalpers pain?
The small concern that their unscalped wares will be left on the shelf.

Hah, yeah right.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rirse posted:

There was a goon who worked at Blockbuster. When they announced bankruptcy, this goon vehemently defended them. He told us that everything was fine. Blockbuster had plans to re-emerge better than ever. Within a month virtually every Blockbuster was closing down.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

univbee posted:

If true then it's even more of a dick move that they went "yeah, you have no job anymore starting...now! Goodluckbye"

Yup. I work with some ex-future Shop people. They were shocked but Best Buy poached anyone who was worth a drat so for some people so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. They were all blindsided though.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

For what it's worth, TRU filed for chapter 9 bankruptcy which is a debt restructuring thing as opposed to chapter 11 which is the gently caress it sell off our poo poo we're done bankruptcy. Whatever that all means.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

mutata posted:

For what it's worth, TRU filed for chapter 9 bankruptcy which is a debt restructuring thing as opposed to chapter 11 which is the gently caress it sell off our poo poo we're done bankruptcy. Whatever that all means.

Chapter 11 is debt restructuring, which is what TRU filed for. gently caress all / sell everything is chapter 7.

Chapter 9 can only be used by municipalities or governments filing for bankruptcy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m still holding out hope that my amazon Germany order actually ships. Lol

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Sock The Great posted:

Chapter 11 is debt restructuring, which is what TRU filed for. gently caress all / sell everything is chapter 7.

Chapter 9 can only be used by municipalities or governments filing for bankruptcy.

Shows how much I know! (Nothing). Thanks for the correction.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I’m still holding out hope that my amazon Germany order actually ships. Lol

Same, but I also want both the SNES and SFC.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

Same, but I also want both the SNES and SFC.

Yeah I really do want both but at this point I’ll take either one. I don’t mind paying more for the Euro one because I like it the best.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I hope Nintendo makes millions of these and loving incinerates the SNES cart bubble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's good to see Nintendo has better sense this time around, hopefully.

Looking forward to getting this thing, but the only caveat is that I have to go through my apartment complex's package room and it's a loving nightmare in there