Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The Colonel posted:

should have selected hard difficulty where the skirts are weighed down by 1000 ton weights

pretty sure the guys already are in hard mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

The Colonel posted:

should have selected hard difficulty where the skirts are weighed down by 1000 ton weights

Lemme send my boy Harvey down there, he'll have that skirt blowing so hard it'll clip through her bellybutton.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Stexils posted:

lol

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

haveblue posted:

Sounds like someone made a dating mod for the RE7 kitchen demo

To this day one of the top moments in dumb press conferences is when they first announced RE7 with "from the team that brought you kitchen" and they had tuned in the audience reaction mic so that you could hear a guy very loudly go "OH NO, I HATED KITCHEN."

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stexils posted:

Ayyy

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Stexils posted:

Brings a whole new meaning to the word "fanboy"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ah dang we really gotta step up e3 after that tgs. get ubisoft on the horn, get THREE people pretending to play 20 minutes of wildlands 2

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i'll write the banter

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What are all the big TGS announcements

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm literally never going to win a game of shogi even against guy who's supposed to be introducing it to you.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm literally never going to win a game of shogi even against guy who's supposed to be introducing it to you.

Find a shogi AI game online and do the moves the game makes into the online game and then use the moves that does back into the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well yeah if I wanted to cheat...

(I do thanks)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

someone buy heat signature and tell me if its game of the month

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Real hurthling! posted:

Evil within2 preview embargo is up. People seem to love it from the 90 min demo they were given by bethesda

gently caress yeah.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Catpain Slack posted:

They could stand to be a bit irregularly placed maybe.
i'm already using 40 fsprites just to draw these in groupings of four, as sparse as they are, in the bottom 20% of the screen. i'm not sure what the upper limit is but i really don't wanna find out

homeless snail posted:

if you're going for a sense of artifice, it looks good as is IMO. as tightly packed as can be with no overlap has a deliberate look to it
i mean i'm going for secret of mana but even then their trees were really densely-packed. maybe i just have to make it 128px taller and double them up internally in the spritesheet idk

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I like Hollow Knight but it would be a greater game if it didn't try to be like Dark Souls so hard

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

someone buy heat signature and tell me if its game of the month

ys 8 is game of the month my friend

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

ah dang we really gotta step up e3 after that tgs. get ubisoft on the horn, get THREE people pretending to play 20 minutes of wildlands 2

And baby makes three

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Erg posted:

ys 8 is game of the month my friend

Yes the game of the month that I don't feel like playing

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I only had a brief window to game today and I decided I would finally get round to trying Final Fantasy XV.

Holy moly I am blown away by it. It's technically my first final fantasy game (I have attempted VIII and IX before but never got into it after the first five minutes or so - I think I was hugely distracted) and I LOVE it. The battle system is so much fun, it looks visually gorgeous, but most importantly its the friendship between the main four. Oh my word they are so realistic as four friends on a road trip. I just am blown away by how much I buy them as a group! It makes it so satisfying when we are battling and one comes over to save me after I've tapped someone on the back to save them.

Good lord, I cannot wait to properly get stuck into their adventures :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FFXV kicks rear end.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

FFXV kicks rear end.

It really does, I need to get back to it, we had it at launch but stopped playing so we could wait for the patches and dlc

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

And baby makes three

did i expect the two wildlands guys to adopt a baby for the wildlands 2 presentation. no. does it make me proud to be a gamer. you bet your bits

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
ffxv is a very good first half of a game

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I only had a brief window to game today and I decided I would finally get round to trying Final Fantasy XV.

Holy moly I am blown away by it. It's technically my first final fantasy game (I have attempted VIII and IX before but never got into it after the first five minutes or so - I think I was hugely distracted) and I LOVE it. The battle system is so much fun, it looks visually gorgeous, but most importantly its the friendship between the main four. Oh my word they are so realistic as four friends on a road trip. I just am blown away by how much I buy them as a group! It makes it so satisfying when we are battling and one comes over to save me after I've tapped someone on the back to save them.

Good lord, I cannot wait to properly get stuck into their adventures :D

You should really try Lightning Returns as well. Whether or not you played the first two XIIIs is irrelevant, other than knowledge that Sazh is the best.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lightning Returns and Sleeping Dogs are like the top 2 reasons we still have a PS3 at all

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I put in like a dozen hours into FFXV and got distracted away from it in like chapter four or so? The part where where your party are a bunch of dumbasses that get led around by the bad guy because they can't recognize the Prime Minister of the country they have been at war with for decades

And now that it's coming to PC I'm thinking I might just wait until then to start over since it's been so long and it would look nicer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

ffxv is a very good first half of a game

The only part of it I didn't like (other than the way hunts worked) was the block maze in costlemark

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You ever literally thrown a game in the trash?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah one time i stepped on the super monkey ball 2 case and the disc cracked. rest in power

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When I was a kid I snapped my ps1 q*bert disc in half then immediately regretted it because I wanted to play q*bert

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Im trying to think but probably not. I keep most games even if I think they suck rear end. Like im sitting mere feet away from the GBA copy of The Hobbit that i spent hours trying to figure out what to do and hated every minute of it

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

The only part of it I didn't like (other than the way hunts worked) was the block maze in costlemark
I did that a few weeks ago. It's kind of weirdly disguised that there are even choices you can make during the maze, and I got confused there for a while.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Each videogame is its own little miracle.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My dog ate my Etrian Odyssey after spending 4 hours doing that stupid loving quest where you have to walk around a level until dark. FYI it's something like 200 steps and a super powerful FOE homes in on you so the process is stepping a couple times, entering the safe room area, then waiting for the FOE to go the other way.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

Yes the game of the month that I don't feel like playing

you're the poster of the month that shouldn't be listened to bi*ch

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I lent my mario sunshine disc to my cousin and he put it in a disc wallet that was being glued for some reason.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

Gamestop wouldnt buy enslaved from me so i tossed it into to donate bin outside the goodwill on my way home one time

My dad tossed all my old gameboy stuff cause he tripped the breaker and thought the gameboy was dead instead of the outlet when he wanted to play toilet tetris one time on ac power. I killed him violently in my mind but he still lives on unapologetically in meat space

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 21, 2017

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Phantasium posted:

The only piece of physical media I've ever thrown out is a dvd copy of the movie house of 1000 corpses because that film is loving gash.

And also a dvd of vampire hunter d although not technically thrown out crops up my wonky fridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

*rips open time portal to 2005*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eOdEkmTP0o

• Locked thread