Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's exempt from needing a stamp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Muzzleloaders aren't considered firearms under federal law IIRC.

state laws vary

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
lovely year for Sig

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-releases/sig-sauer-safety-warning-recall-notice/

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

First, muzzleloaders are "antique firearms," not "firearms" and do not require a transfer through an FFL or any background check. Second, the suppressor is integral with the barrel and is thus not removable. Because the suppressor is neither part of nor can be made to fit a "firearm," it does not fit the definition of a "silencer" and therefore is not itself a firearm and does not require a stamp.

Smiling Jack posted:

Muzzleloaders aren't considered firearms under federal law IIRC.

state laws vary
The amazing thing is that even in New York, of all places, would this be considered just another muzzleloader because that's the only definition it fits under state law.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Isn't black powder corrosive (I guess technically, hydrophilic)?

Because fuuuuck that, I'm not scrubbing out the silencer on a gimmick gun every time I use it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Apparently you give black powder guns big rear end baths with solvents that get all the crap out but yeah no poo poo, that mess is why I haven't gotten into it and I'm a huge dumb idiot for cowboy guns.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Capn Beeb posted:

Apparently you give black powder guns big rear end baths with solvents that get all the crap out but yeah no poo poo, that mess is why I haven't gotten into it and I'm a huge dumb idiot for cowboy guns.

Cleaning a black powder gun isn't that bad.

Though I'd imagine cleaning a black powder suppressor would make getting a large ultrasonic cleaner or something an attractive idea.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

First, muzzleloaders are "antique firearms," not "firearms" and do not require a transfer through an FFL or any background check. Second, the suppressor is integral with the barrel and is thus not removable. Because the suppressor is neither part of nor can be made to fit a "firearm," it does not fit the definition of a "silencer" and therefore is not itself a firearm and does not require a stamp.

I will never cease to be amazed in the ways people find loopholes in the law.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I will never cease to be amazed in the ways people find loopholes in the law.

I don't really think "exacting compliance with the law as written" is really a loophole, even if it does subvert the author's intent of "people shouldn't be allowed to own things I don't like." Sort of a different animal from "oil filter thread adapters."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My comment was more directed as awe at the ingenuity of people but you do you.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

To absolutely no one's surprise, a few freedom-hating states have already taken issue with this thing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZRUuxhDKe6/

quote:

Upon launching the Maxim 50, SilencerCo received several immediate legal challenges from authorities and lawyers in the states of New Jersey, Massachusetts, and California. Since we have no desire to place any consumer in a situation where they may get arrested and charged with a felony because their state defines a firearm differently than the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), we have placed orders from those states on hold and are refunding customers pending legal confirmation. We will update our customers as soon as we have multiple source verification.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Gotta watch out of those musket wielding hooligans doing drivebys from their horse drawn buggies

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Soooo... amish mafia?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Here starts the countdown until someone screams "sacrilege!" over this weird and goofy gun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byeMLdt2r-I

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Funny enough there are few places that require an FFL for black powder firearms. Not surprisingly I think New Jersey is one.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Funny enough there are few places that require an FFL for black powder firearms. Not surprisingly I think New Jersey is one.

Pretty sure paintball and BB guns are firearms in NJ.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress new jersey.

I wonder what colorado has to say about the suppressed pellet rifles.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I wonder what colorado has to say about the suppressed pellet rifles.

They're perfectly legal here. I used to have one until it was made obsolete by my suppressed .22LRs.

If you get one, I recommend .22 pellets instead of .177 since the .22 pellets guns/pellets are generally subsonic while .177 is almost always supersonic.

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

FYI Brownells has 1,000 rounds of Federal 9mm on sale for $135 after rebate (add a cheap item to get to $200 and use code H7L)

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

DoktorLoken posted:

FYI Brownells has 1,000 rounds of Federal 9mm on sale for $135 after rebate (add a cheap item to get to $200 and use code H7L)

Link? I couldn't find it

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I bet it's reloads

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Yo, gun duders, what's the gun depicted on that memorial that got corrected? Supposedly, it's a Stg 44, but that's not any Stg 44 I've ever seen.

/edit:

Ah, gently caress me, I didn't read the 'exploded diagram'

Still, :lol:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah that's definitely an STG44.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Deathy McDeath posted:

Link? I couldn't find it

Code was available in a email.

E actually that code is on the home page, there is one for 10 off 100 and 30 off 300 as well.

I think it's American Eagle ammo

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yeah that's definitely an STG44.

Yeah, I thought the raised portion in the front was referenced, completely overread the 'exploded diagram' and then didn't even look any further.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Deathy McDeath posted:

Link? I couldn't find it

http://www.brownells.com/ammunition...campaign=Itwine

Add the coupon and then Federal has a rebate (listed on Brownells) to get the cost down.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:siren: STOP THE TRAIN :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wwBCcTIsZ0

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:stare:

I'm completely baffled by EVERY aspect of that video.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Is that a RATT? Those are the loving worst tourniquets ever. So maybe they're just parodying how bad they are.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I know some SF-types love them, but every medical professional I've talked to about them says that they take work to really stop arterial blood flow, hurt worse than a CAT or SOF-T, and break more easily. There was also some fuckery where the manufacturer said they were TCCC approved, but the body that is in charge of determining equipment standards and best practices is the Committee on TCCC (CoTCCC) so it's kind of shady.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008
Hello new Friend.

new budget build AR, anderson lower, with a PSA upper + lower parts kit, all told came to ~$590 including the light and mount.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

ReverendCode posted:

Hello new Friend.

new budget build AR, anderson lower, with a PSA upper + lower parts kit, all told came to ~$590 including the light and mount.

How does that light work being mounted so low, unless you're planning to put a VFG on there? I've got the same mount, although reversed. Not that I needed a weaponlight but I had an extra LED and the Magpul mount is cheap:

BCM 14.5" upper (welded on FH), Aimpoint Micro, and an RRA lower with a Geissele G2S trigger.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

How does that light work being mounted so low, unless you're planning to put a VFG on there? I've got the same mount, although reversed. Not that I needed a weaponlight but I had an extra LED and the Magpul mount is cheap:

BCM 14.5" upper (welded on FH), Aimpoint Micro, and an RRA lower with a Geissele G2S trigger.

I ended up moving it to the bottom, so the light doesn't catch on my clothing when it is slung, and putting the light up high interferes with the flip up BUIS. I haven't shot the rifle yet, so I am not certain that is where I want it to be. Next step is some kind of optic. I am thinking of grabbing that Strikefire + 10 pmags deal that pops up on PSA from time to time, as long as that red dot isn't complete garbage.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

ReverendCode posted:

Is that a magpul offset light mount attached to a rail section attached to a M-lok mount?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My friend bought a luger pistol... Now I want to buy a M1 Garand to counteract his pistol of choice.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

My friend bought a luger pistol... Now I want to buy a M1 Garand to counteract his pistol of choice.

You mean a 1911.

and before you say anything yes i know cmp doesn't offer them yet

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

You mean a 1911.

No because i can give him an atomic wedgie, steal all his 9mm and use it on my glock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

You mean a 1911.

One of the few reasons I still have my 03 CR license