Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I think GW is making money so what the gently caress do they care? They literally blew this world up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Couple of friends are working on this game, they're pretty jazzed about how hyped everyone seems to be. Of course, they work in QA so they'll probably be a little less jazzed post release when they get a huge list of issues and bugs to reproduce.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Gonkish posted:

I think GW is making money so what the gently caress do they care? They literally blew this world up.

it's difficult to overestimate how nonsensical and pig headed GW is.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I remember seeing a custom "counts-as" Cathay army someone had made that used the High Elf Sea-Guard list from Storm of Chaos, whose gimmick was "our arrows will blot out the sun." He had based it off of this scene and it kicked rear end. That's what I want in this game :allears:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

kidkissinger posted:

it's difficult to overestimate how nonsensical and pig headed GW is.

People keep saying this except that the changing of the guard a couple years ago really seems to have done wonders for them. Everyone who plays it seems to love the actual rules for AoS and the new edition of 40K, and GW's finances are stronger than ever.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

thebardyspoon posted:

Couple of friends are working on this game, they're pretty jazzed about how hyped everyone seems to be. Of course, they work in QA so they'll probably be a little less jazzed post release when they get a huge list of issues and bugs to reproduce.

Who wants to take bets on the most amusing bug found in the first too weeks. I hope someone finds a way to glitch a black ark onto land and has it roam the countryside as mobile doom fortresses.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mordja posted:

Everyone who plays it seems to love the actual rules for AoS and the new edition of 40K
I played some AoS games a few week ago and yeah: It is better then WH8th rules-wise. The lore still suck though; :colbert:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Mordja posted:

People keep saying this except that the changing of the guard a couple years ago really seems to have done wonders for them. Everyone who plays it seems to love the actual rules for AoS and the new edition of 40K, and GW's finances are stronger than ever.

People are still really salty over WHFB's death, and while I don't exactly blame them considering how it's handled, GW's hatedom is really really bitter and weird about it.

So while I do hold the fear that GW will stick their foot down and say "No Cathay/Nippon/Ind" like they did with the restrictions on mod content, part of me also thinks they'll just let CA go carte-blanche with those factions.

But I'm a well known GW shill so what do I know. Hell, I'm literally heading down to their head offices for an interview as I type this.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Raygereio posted:

The lore still suck though; :colbert:

I mean, agreed, I can't stand the new setting and most of the model design at all. It's generic, too-abstract high fantasy and doesn't even have 40k's over-the-top stuff to make it interesting.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SteelMentor posted:

People are still really salty over WHFB's death, and while I don't exactly blame them considering how it's handled, GW's hatedom is really really bitter and weird about it.

It's mostly that they designed this incredibly vast, complex and actually deep world and then blew it up to create inter dimensional generic warrior duels where the setting is literally just a battlemap with no interesting lore.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Raygereio posted:

I don't think I've ever spotted a Dark Elf saying they're sorry in the lore.

That's because Canadians aren't sorry about the genocide they did.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Nanomashoes posted:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

:drat:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nanomashoes posted:

:allbuttons:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Nanomashoes posted:

skink_residential_schools_heritage_moment.mp4

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

As a Canadian, lmao and ow

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
What genocide did Canadians commit?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Stephen9001 posted:

We killed all the bald eagles out of our loathing of America.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Stephen9001 posted:

First Nations/Native Canadians

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

in my mind all canadians are happy and live together with each other and no one pushed native americans out

in reality, being able to not say sorry is political capital and everyone hates each other so much they introduce laws that force you to be nice

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 21, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Canada is basically The Purge except we call it "Victoria Day"

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mordja posted:

Little known fact here. It's the only way we can be nice 364 days of the year.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mordja posted:

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I present evidence of CA having worker themselves into insanity, this is from the total war twitter:

Elf on shelf and Skaven on Raven

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Memes!

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stephen9001 posted:

I present evidence of CA having worker themselves into insanity, this is from the total war twitter:

Elf on shelf and Skaven on Raven

No wizard on a lizard? Come on CA

PREORDER CANCELLED

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Interesting direction to go with the freelc.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

this is my new fetish

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

this is my new fetish

Whats this from? Skaven army book?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Being unbearably gross is the Skaven's whole thing

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

this is my new fetish

sexy skaven dlc confirmed

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the grimace "my... mcnuggies" art only with a rat

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Hauberk licker follower confirmed for Skaven.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Dandywalken posted:

Whats this from? Skaven army book?

End Times Thanquol was where I remember reading it

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So this guy is streaming a coop High Elf campaign on Twitch right now (9:20pm EST), for those interested.

As with every other non-official stream, they're kinda fumbling through the game, but without the lovely attitude that is TB.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Gonkish posted:

So this guy is streaming a coop High Elf campaign on Twitch right now (9:20pm EST), for those interested.

As with every other non-official stream, they're kinda fumbling through the game, but without the lovely attitude that is TB.

so far a good stream

he can't even do control groups

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

so far a good stream

he can't even do control groups

Why don't they give it to the established guys like PartyElite or Heir?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mordja posted:

Why don't they give it to the established guys like PartyElite or Heir?

They did give it to the established guys, it's just that the established guys were pixilated Apollo and lionheart

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
One thing to notice, the upkeep of HElven units is considerably lower then the upkeep of various TW1 race units. 60 for Spearmen with no upkeep tech? 40 for the archers?

Swordsmen are 100, loving Boyz are 120. Most everything outside of zombies and skelly warrior chaff start at 110ish, and jump to 180ish.

Going to be a lot easier to have multiple large armies in this it looks like. It won't be port/gold mine boogaloo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gonkish posted:

I don't think either of these guys has ever played a Total War game before. Maybe take some time to learn how to play before you stream? :downs:

This guy's got like 300,000 followers so I guess marketing thought it was a good idea.

• Locked thread