Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
In USUM there's gonna be a super extension story for Lillie where you get to follow her departure and all of Kanto and Johto is accessible just like in Gold/Silver and then Satoru Iwata's ghost comes out of your cartridge and goes "Remember when I saved memory through my programming so you can explore Kanto in Gold and Silver? Good tiiiiiiiiiimes...."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Willsun posted:

In USUM there's gonna be a super extension story for Lillie where you get to follow her departure and all of Kanto and Johto is accessible just like in Gold/Silver and then Satoru Iwata's ghost comes out of your cartridge and goes "Remember when I saved memory through my programming so you can explore Kanto in Gold and Silver? Good tiiiiiiiiiimes...."

goty

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Putting Kanto in Gold and Silver was a mistake because without it maybe they would have actually let you use any of the dark types.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Carlosologist posted:

I'm still shocked that we don't know anything about USUM and we're two months out

they unveiled two entirely new Pokémon last week sis

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yes, but what have they REVEALED?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Make them go the other way and it's a bold new way to use bullet seed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

out or in

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I too like being pounded in the buck

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Alxprit posted:

Yes, but what have they REVEALED?

That they're beautiful and sassy and perfect.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Make them go the other way and it's a bold new way to use bullet seed

snorlax hyper beam dot gif

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

As someone who bought Sun but barely played it, should i wait for Ultra? Is there a reason to play both?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It probably won't interest you. What did you not like about sun? I thought they were a decent step forward from ORAS except for the lack of pss/lovely online features.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

It probably won't interest you. What did you not like about sun? I thought they were a decent step forward from ORAS except for the lack of pss/lovely online features.

It's not that I didn't like Sun, it's that I didn't finish ORAS before buying Sun. So now I'm going through ORAS and am curious if there's a benefit to playing both Sun's.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The benefit is: great amounts of fun, but twice

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

chaosapiant posted:

It's not that I didn't like Sun, it's that I didn't finish ORAS before buying Sun. So now I'm going through ORAS and am curious if there's a benefit to playing both Sun's.

They have been incredibly tight-lipped about the Ultra versions, so nobody's quite sure.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's one screenshot on the official site that looks identical to an event just after the first island challenge is complete, leading to the platinum/3rd version assumptions.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
USUM are just enhanced versions of the same game, probably.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheetah7071 posted:

USUM are just enhanced versions of the same game, probably.

Though they are the first time we've ever added fully new pokemon mid-generation.

So that's like a thing.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
ORAS added dozens of new Pokémon.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Platinum added a bunch of things for a ghost to live inside of

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
and a flying hedgehog

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

bdubs 2 added the worst pokemon with the most numbers and his more successful brother

e: and some fursuits for my boys

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/910919201560211456

Hackers can now patch Pokemon Crystal to work with Virtual Console.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

I'm still shocked that we don't know anything about USUM and we're two months out

we actually know a lot about them, cuz they're just third versions instead of complete new games

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

mandatory lesbian posted:

we actually know a lot about them, cuz they're just third versions instead of complete new games

What was the second version?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

Moon.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Think I'll skip it and check out what's different on YouTube later

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

sun and moon are both different versions of the same game, so whichever of those you feel deserves second is

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i guess that means US and UM are 3rd and 4th versions rather then just third, but whaaaaatever

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Jesus Pokémon are confusing. I only found out a year ago you can make them gently caress. I'm not an old school Pokémon person. I was graduating high school when red/blue came out.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there's only one jesus pokemon and it's mew. or silvally hmmmm. g-gah........

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
They don't gently caress. They hang out together and an egg shows up when no one is looking. Arceus makes it out of thin air, only Cynthia and the HGSS protagonist have ever seen it.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I hate to ask again, but is there any way someone might be able to grab an extra Ash hat Pikachu? My 3DS isn't very happy with my Chinese WiFi.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Aren't they untradable?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Ariong posted:

Aren't they untradable?

According to Mr. Serebii that issue's been fixed. Will test tonight and see if true.

EDIT: True.

Alxprit fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 22, 2017

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Gen 3 was the first generation to introduce the concept of formes with Deoxys and its formes that were game dependent.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I am Reverend posted:

Putting Kanto in Gold and Silver was a mistake because without it maybe they would have actually let you use any of the dark types.

It was a mistake because now people won't shut up about WHEN ARE WE GETTING ANOTHER GAME WITH MULTIPLE REGIOOOOOONS?

Neverminding the fact that GSC Kanto was kind of awful. It was neat, but awful.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I refuse to ever spell "forms" with an "e" on the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think we can all agree to never spell it formse