Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rabidsquid posted:

My first rainbow was Rakshasha

Okay, I was using "rainbow" with the more recent "base 5 unit" definition. I got a Vaan and a Locke prior to that. :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

So... this is Gumi's website right now:

I guess someone couldn't take the gacha rates anymore! :v:

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Well, that is one way to figure out the summon rates for certain units I guess. I wonder if they took CC numbers and what not or just the source code for this and Brave Frontier and their other games?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dragonturtle posted:

Well, that is one way to figure out the summon rates for certain units I guess. I wonder if they took CC numbers and what not or just the source code for this and Brave Frontier and their other games?

The CC numbers shouldn't be linked to Gumi's databases unless you bought something outside of the games, afaik. All of those are managed through Google Play and/or the iOS App Store.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Hey hey, I'm both happy and sad. The game for the first time ever has given me a banner rainbow. But it was on this banner.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

KataraniSword posted:

The CC numbers shouldn't be linked to Gumi's databases unless you bought something outside of the games, afaik. All of those are managed through Google Play and/or the iOS App Store.

Good point! I was a bit worried for a moment that this would be even worse for the company if they had accidentally let user information like that get stolen too. I'm actually interested in seeing how this will pan out due to the deadline that was set.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I guess someone couldn't take the gacha rates anymore! :v:

I'm so much more excited for the next banner now. :getin:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for this game at least unless gumi really is hiding something sinister in the draw rates i dont think this will really impact the player base in any meaningful way. their greed is otherwise relegated to visible outward actions we can already be grumpy about

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Dragonturtle posted:

There's no reason for the decompiled source code to be on the same servers as their website. Odds are that the hackers have nothing.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Should suddenly release Sephiroth seven months earlier than expected and watch the pods of whales descend upon the banner.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Eminai posted:

There's no reason for the decompiled source code to be on the same servers as their website. Odds are that the hackers have nothing.

While that's true, what are the odds that one part of their organization has better security than another?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

While that's true, what are the odds that one part of their organization has better security than another?

Relatively high, when comparing code repositories to websites. The FBI's website gets DDOS'd semi-regularly but that doesn't mean hackers get into their internal servers.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
13 friend slots open
544 443 338

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
IMO the hackers need to flip the switch that gave FFRK its guaranteed 11/11 5*s banner.

Edit:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ramza's better than Lightning simply because of his TM so pulling multiples of him is good, unlike Lightning.

And that's before getting in to the "Ramza is support god if/when he gets enhancements" thing. I'd happily trade one (or both) of my Queens for Ramza.

But not my Fryevias. I'm perfectly ok with having two Fryevias. :getin:

Except Brave Suit is actually vastly powercreeped by Heavy Armor materia-reqs, and as such is actually only good on a very few people. Noctis and Queen are the only ones that come to mind.

And one Ramza is good... eventually™. Three ramzas, though? absolute waste.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
anyone get 5k lapis?

better spend it fast

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

Cry Havoc posted:

anyone get 5k lapis?

better spend it fast

Was just about to post this.
Opened my game and immediately wondered why I suddenly had 5K more than I had this morning.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I had to log out and back in and yeah, +5k lapis magically appeared.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

I just relogged and recieved 5000 Lapis too. Doing an 11 roll just in case it was a screw-up on their part.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dana Crysalis posted:

Except Brave Suit is actually vastly powercreeped by Heavy Armor materia-reqs, and as such is actually only good on a very few people. Noctis and Queen are the only ones that come to mind.

And one Ramza is good... eventually™. Three ramzas, though? absolute waste.

It'd be nice if we got more +ATK hevay armor though.

Anyway, JP crew how close are we to Cloud?

EDIT: I got 5k lapis too, also spent it in case it was a gently caress up due to the hacking. Got prishe and freyvia. I swear to god Gumi if you roll this back I will hunt you down and eat you.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 22, 2017

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I'm betting the 5k lapis has something to do with the hackers. Welp, we're all doomed so you might as well spend it.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Got 4 Wereis for some ungodly reason but nothing else of note from my 5k lapis pull.

Guess I need to start working on an Agrias project now.

Dragonturtle fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 22, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did 11 pull, was poo poo, 9 blues with Garnet and Aria. Easy come, easy go.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Got garbage with that free 11 pull. Hopefully this means that I'll actually get a good one with the ticket at the end of the month.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

"i should really save this lapis for ayak-MUST PULL"

Worth it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Oops, no lapis for me.

I was TM grinding and didn't get it on Memu, none on my phone either. I wonder what the criteria was, maybe if you spent money on the game?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Armitage posted:

Oops, no lapis for me.

I was TM grinding and didn't get it on Memu, none on my phone either. I wonder what the criteria was, maybe if you spent money on the game?

Have you tried restarting the app on both devices? I had to, to get it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Nuebot posted:

Have you tried restarting the app on both devices? I had to, to get it.

I did. No lapis for me.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

I've spent some money on the game and was able to get the lapis after closing and reopening the app. They'd been having issues with free summons popping up at random times a while back so maybe this is something like that?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Tengames posted:

"i should really save this lapis for ayak-MUST PULL"

Worth it.

Not worth it.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Armitage posted:

Oops, no lapis for me.

Weird, I was TM grinding until I stopped it a few hours ago. Haven't logged on since, no 5k lapis for me. I've spent money on the game, so it's not that.

Oh well. Doubt we'll be compensated for this one, heh!

Edit: maybe it appeared in Nox? Will check when I'm home.

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 22, 2017

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I had that extra 5000 lapis appear while I was TM farming, no restarting involved.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Could be that it was just a mistake like those free summons that kept popping up in the middle of the night for no reason.

Going to be annoyed if they decide to roll it back even if they compensate us.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

maintenance now haha what a shitshow

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
Goddamnit I'm going to get screwed by holding that 5k lapis, aren't I?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
gently caress. I logged in to grab it but didn't think to 11-pull with it. Now that I'm off work they're down for maintenance.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dragonturtle posted:

Could be that it was just a mistake like those free summons that kept popping up in the middle of the night for no reason.

Going to be annoyed if they decide to roll it back even if they compensate us.

I'm curious to know when anyone has ever seen a mobile game (or MMO) do a rollback when that game wasn't still in testing or had the server straight-up catch fire and force them to use a backup.

Rollbacks in a live game are a massive, massive, do-not-do-this-unless-all-is-lost kind of thing. Letting some people keep 5k lapis is significantly less of a problem than a rollback.

Buuuuuut this is Gumi, so who the gently caress knows. If anything they'd just run a script to remove the 5k lapis from people who claimed it. Or that's what would happen if it were my call and higher-ups were forcing me to take action. :shrug:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

this is gumi we're talking about here though

those stingy mofos

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

hope you spent that free 5k lapis bois

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Cat Pilot posted:

hope you spent that free 5k lapis bois

We can all look forward to our insultingly lovely free Tents and Phoenix Downs as compensation once they remove the free 5k lapis.

• Locked thread