Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Zippy talks to/about the three rocks a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
It's weird to see all this praise for the sound effects in Foob. Maybe it depends on what era of the comic you're reading, but I remember Foob as a comic where when someone is eating the sound effects are "EAT EAT MUNCH CHEW"

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
The Evanses realized they made the criminal to interesting compared to Luann, so decided to do a quick distraction with the ole' tubby Tiffany. We will never see Tara or whatever her name was again.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ralepozozaxe posted:

The Evanses realized they made the criminal to interesting compared to Luann, so decided to do a quick distraction with the ole' tubby Tiffany. We will never see Tara or whatever her name was again.

Nah. Tara's been sneaking into Tiffany's dorm room at night and feeding her twinkies while she sleeps. Once a master criminal, always a master criminal.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Pastry of the Year posted:

One of our favorite comic strip archivists made it into Cook, Serve, Delicious 2:

They can't use my photo without my permission!

Winsor McCay Comic Strip(click for huge) This is 720/820. The end is near-ish.

And He Did. (February, 1917)

Outbursts of Everett True (April, 1917)

Doings of the Duffs. (January, 1919, click for big)

Fritzi Ritz (click for big)

The Gay Thirties (December, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (December, 1940, click for big)

Dick Tracy (April, 1941, click for big)

Mopsy (May, 1941)

Archie (May, 1956, click for big)

Marmaduke (August, 1959)

Mr. Tweedy (September 1970, click for big)

Feiffer (1975, click for big)

Andy Capp (February, 1972, click for big)

Wee Pals (April, 1972, click for big)

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
I missed posting yesterday due to the evil mug of water that assaulted my keyboard. So have a double dose of Ballard Street today.

Polka dots on purple score: 3 out of 4

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Cicadalek posted:

It's weird to see all this praise for the sound effects in Foob. Maybe it depends on what era of the comic you're reading, but I remember Foob as a comic where when someone is eating the sound effects are "EAT EAT MUNCH CHEW"

Some might suggest that the fact that you only remember "eat eat munch chew" but must have read..."glorrmmnp smourf glurp" means that artistic onomatopoeia did its job seamlessly.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set observes the five-second rule.

Working Daze is one joke, three punchlines.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix confirms what I've known all along.

I don't know how to edit an image with a gradient background and not have it look like poo poo, but rest assured I still tried it by erasing the last two balloons in Working Daze and it made the joke actually work.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Having it not look like poo poo didn't stop me from spending 50 seconds in Paint:

It's not a great joke, but at least it vaguely resembles one.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

So...they're just gonna gently caress in the church, right? I mean they already made out on top of someone's grave so why the hell not I suppose.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (July 21-24, 1930)

Peanuts (September 20-24, 1970)

Sally Forth

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (April 8-11, 1931)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

Mother From Another Country

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Dang, that's one hell of an insult.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Evil Mastermind posted:

So...they're just gonna gently caress in the church, right? I mean they already made out on top of someone's grave so why the hell not I suppose.

Nothing like a bit of sacrilege to let you know that you're alive.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

I don't know how to edit an image with a gradient background and not have it look like poo poo, but rest assured I still tried it by erasing the last two balloons in Working Daze and it made the joke actually work.
Create a new gradient using the colours on both extremes of the original one, fill a new layer with it in the same orientation, go over it with the eraser wherever you want to keep stuff from the bottom layer. You don't need to be perfect around the edges, since the original gradient is still there it'll blend right in.

Or: select what you want to delete, create new gradient using the colours right above and below your selection, fill selection. But replacing the whole gradient usually gets much smoother.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (February 6, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (February 6, 1996)

Garfield Classic (February 6, 1986)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Some Guy TT posted:

Mother From Another Country

Can pseudo confirm. A Caucasian friend was living and working throughout asia and on more than one occasion had a stranger walk up to her and touch her breasts and say "big". It was about as uncomfortable a social interaction as you could imagine.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

This is so loving stupid.

Mary Worth

"Hey, so if you ever have any printer trouble, give me a call!"

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Milton's getting worse. :(

Apartment 3-G

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I am sort of squicked out by Milton being the dad of Heather's kid if he is. Seems like it raises some consent issues.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Indolent Bastard posted:

Can pseudo confirm. A Caucasian friend was living and working throughout asia and on more than one occasion had a stranger walk up to her and touch her breasts and say "big". It was about as uncomfortable a social interaction as you could imagine.

I go to the hot baths every week or so and this has never happened to me though. Not saying I disbelieve your friend or anything, just seems kind of ironic that in the comic it's the guy getting ogled and the woman who's unambiguously enjoying the experience.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just love how Heather muscled her way in to millions of dollars and left Milton's adult children from his first marriage out to dry from Milton's company despite him being mentally incompetent and unfit to run it and now has her child from a hopefully different man set to inherit all the money like some Borgia family poo poo

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Some Guy TT posted:

I go to the hot baths every week or so and this has never happened to me though. Not saying I disbelieve your friend or anything, just seems kind of ironic that in the comic it's the guy getting ogled and the woman who's unambiguously enjoying the experience.

More of a commentary on some asian cultures lack of (or at least very different) boundaries . Also see black people's hair.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 22, 2017

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The new art "style" on Garfield is bugging the heck out of me

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

dismas posted:

I am sort of squicked out by Milton being the dad of Heather's kid if he is. Seems like it raises some consent issues.
I had the same thought but I felt gross about even mentioning it.

Edit: That's the kind of Compu-Toon I love: unintelligible, but only just barely.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 22, 2017

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Create a new gradient using the colours on both extremes of the original one, fill a new layer with it in the same orientation, go over it with the eraser wherever you want to keep stuff from the bottom layer. You don't need to be perfect around the edges, since the original gradient is still there it'll blend right in.

Or: select what you want to delete, create new gradient using the colours right above and below your selection, fill selection. But replacing the whole gradient usually gets much smoother.

I'll try to remember to try that when I get home. Today's WD is another one that can be improved by removing a speech balloon but at least it's just flat coloring this time.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Phantom looks pretty upset about this. "Bitch, this was my time! I was supposed to die! You done hosed this up!!"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

"Ah, the first day of fall. Oh, how I despise my son."

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 22, 2017

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

Oh no! I was daydreaming and overshot the roof!

The Amazing Kala

Nancy

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Reply All

Zits

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

I had to read this strip twice before my brain stopped replacing the text with the edit. You know the one.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I thought it said "Fat Rights" until I zoomed in and realized it was worse.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

That's an adorable drawing for Rhymes with Orange.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BC

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Baby Blues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Vargo posted:

Wizard of Id
That's one weak rear end wall.

Trivia: Did you know that people living in Id are Idiots? Could you care less?

• Locked thread