Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Race Realists posted:

haha gently caress you

Liking wizards is fine, thinking that they HAVE to be the best cause they're the magical nerds is dumb and bad. Thinking they're coolest and the best to the point you argue making fun of D&D terms will push people into the open arms of The KKK's Grand Wizard is a fantastically hilarious extreme to take..

Zeerust posted:

just pretend i posted a giant screed about how good Apocalypse World / every Powered by the Apocalypse game is (except maybe Dungeon World)

Dungeon world is...fine. It suffers from the D&D problem of not knowing what tone your game is supposed to take which is exacerbated by AW engine games being focused on the thematic elements of the medium.

ZenMasterBullshit has issued a correction as of 01:22 on Aug 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

This is ok in Morrowind though.

I always murdered Fyr after the quest line because of his bitchin daedric armor set

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Their first two criticism were one hundred percent right tho

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

gently caress Whitey posted:

yes but they made him a nazi by not fighting each other to the death for a chsnce to suck his cock

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

I always liked to play clerics and healers so I can play doctor. :bigtran:

Human, thief, chaotic good :geno: Any other combination of race, class or alignment means being subject to stupid bullshit rules, but chaotic good human thief is A Free Man. You can even sidestep the religious devotion poo poo by picking Tymora, goddess of luck, who's the chillest of the bunch. And speaking of stupid bullshit rules, the less said about other sentient species that aren't elves or dwarves, the better. Dragons: evil or neutral. Troglodytes: always evil, stupid, foul smelling. Gnoll: evil or neutral, stupid, foul smelling

My only experience with tabletop RPGs was a D&D 3.5 campaign and I played with one hand because I was holding my nose the whole time. What a loving shitshow of determinism and racism

hackbunny has issued a correction as of 01:55 on Sep 22, 2017

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

hackbunny posted:

Human, thief, chaotic good :geno: Any other combination of race, class or alignment means being subject to stupid bullshit rules, but chaotic good human thief is A Free Man. You can even sidestep the religious devotion poo poo by picking Tymora, goddess of luck, who's the chillest of the bunch. And speaking of stupid bullshit rules, the less said about other sentient species that aren't elves or dwarves, the better. Dragons: evil or neutral. Troglodytes: always evil, stupid, foul smelling. Gnoll: evil or neutral, stupid, foul smelling

My only experience with tabletop RPGs was a D&D 3.5 campaign and I played with one hand because I was holding my nose the whole time. What a loving shitshow of determinism and racism

You seem like a fun guy.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Cheen posted:

sorry if this is old and has been posted already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTmq9FpaRsU

"haha yeah my 'allies' want to kill me... anyways let's gently caress."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

hackbunny posted:

That's why you play in a setting that's not garbage, Like eberron, or Dark Sun.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

all tabletop games but gurps are counterrevolutionary

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Grand Prize Winner posted:

all tabletop games but gurps and shadowrun are counterrevolutionary

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

the level titles in 1st ed D&D were my favorite part.

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~leirbakk/rpg/adnd/classesandkits/level.html

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Darkman Fanpage posted:

"haha yeah my 'allies' want to kill me... anyways let's gently caress."

"I got big tits and an Ashkenazi IQ" is the sexist line I've ever heard.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've got a rare copy of the out-of-print Dune RPG where you play a House Minor. Had it for years.

Always wanted to run a PBP in the trad games forum but :effort:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This is ok in Morrowind though.

In Morrowind the native Telvanni House of wizards are extremely pro-slavery.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's actually an interesting, surely unintentional, theme of the two most popular Elder Scrolls games that the Empire is the progressive pluralistic force compared to the racist natives they dominate.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

In Morrowind the native Telvanni House of wizards are extremely pro-slavery.
Yeah but you kill them all.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's actually an interesting, surely unintentional, theme of the two most popular Elder Scrolls games that the Empire is the progressive pluralistic force compared to the racist natives they dominate.
This is true.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Gavin's back with a brand new show on CRTV!

He's also rebranding the alt-lite the NEW RIGHT! The New Right is cool and hip! They are pro gay, pro Israel, pro West, and PRO TRUMP! The New Right HATES Nazis, Communists, Muslims, and THE GOVERNMENT!

Gavin says he is going MAINSTREAM and is going to show the world that the NEW RIGHT is the new COUNTER CULTURE.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

Gavin's back with a brand new show on CRTV!

He's also rebranding the alt-lite the NEW RIGHT! The New Right is cool and hip! They are pro gay, pro Israel, pro West, and PRO TRUMP! The New Right HATES Nazis, Communists, Muslims, and THE GOVERNMENT!

Gavin says he is going MAINSTREAM and is going to show the world that the NEW RIGHT is the new COUNTER CULTURE.

Being a Dad is true punk

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Being a Dad is true punk

Punk is Dad.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I like RPGs

Zeroisanumber posted:

Eh, the Autobahn.

Which was the namesake for "Autobahn" which is a great album.

That was planned and started during the Weimar Republic, though.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dad you've been living on our couch for 4 weeks, when are you going to look for a job?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I dunno, the hardcore racists seem to the High Elves and Nords; otherwise everyone else seems just as pluralistic or justifiably xenophobic but not outright genocidal.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

FaustianQ posted:

I dunno, the hardcore racists seem to the High Elves and Nords; otherwise everyone else seems just as pluralistic or justifiably xenophobic but not outright genocidal.

Buddy, what do you think "N'wah" is supposed to mean?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

FaustianQ posted:

I'd argue that the Dunmer are more factionalized in their racism

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It is funny that Bethesda retroactively gave credit to Dunmerian supremacy by turning Cyrodiil into a boring fantasy realm, and portraying the Nords as barely civilized half-barbarians.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Buddy, what do you think "N'wah" is supposed to mean?

I'll admit having bought Morrowind on release but never fully managing to complete any degree of it and only half-heartedly engaging in Skyrim. I never touched Oblivion. My primary experience with the Dark Elves is after their fall where they're being treated like absolute garbage.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Just scrubbed through Gavin's new show...

It's mostly Gavin holding up books:

Even his NOT GAY JARED is holding up books...

Gavin loves charts:

Gavin has 10 steps to save America. Here are some of them:

Gavin thinks he's Animal House:

Gavin can't be racist because he has an "Indian son" who "looks like Buddha."

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm so glad centrists were nice enough to hammer "alt left" into the ground far enough for unhinged lunatics who want gas chambers unironically to adopt it without a hint of irony.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It is funny that Bethesda retroactively gave credit to Dunmerian supremacy by turning Cyrodiil into a boring fantasy realm, and portraying the Nords as barely civilized half-barbarians.

It was probably them realizing that they couldn't do Cyrodill ANY justice the way that one guy wrote it, but gently caress man imagine if Oblivion was set in the weird living jungle that was talked about.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Montasque posted:

Gavin loves charts:

What's with that color scheme

Yes, hello, I am a serious poolitical figure, here is what I think the political spectrum looks like:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

gently caress Whitey posted:

Yeah they're supposed to be right, it's just about the absurdity of the situation.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I liked Gavin better when he was drunk and on drugs and writing DOs & DON'TS and pissing in his own cornflakes.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

literally just lmao if u dont recognize the absolute superior of the druid in 3.x

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Best Giraffe posted:

literally just lmao if u dont recognize the absolute superior of the druid in 3.x

Yeah, Clerics and Druids were even more supreme.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

wizard aint poo poo, turn into bear and eat his face

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/anticomofficial/status/910849706439344130

Weev has reservations:

quote:

Rally organizers are telling people to bring guns.

This is a repeat of the Charlottesville formula. Spencer gets top billing, an easily disavowable organizer with no reputation gets to take the fall with "tee hee it's not my rally I'm just a speaker" (Spencer's guy Eli was the real organizing force behind the Charlottesville disaster, Kessler is not really mentally altogether enough to organize anything and was basically a patsy). Now just substitute Kessler with "Anticom". I talked to everyone I consider reputable. None of them know anything about these anticom dudes. They have a Youtube video with a couple hundred views, I guess.

and this time they are going to escalate the situation with guns. Seriously, it's on the event page.

Bring your torches, guns, armor,
http://archive.is/viyU0

I made a pretty good post I think on operational security for right wing rallies (Cantwell would be Belize or something instead of jail if he had loving followed it) and I highlighted how the biggest operational risk is firearms:

http://dstormer6em3i4km.onion.link/operational-security-for-right-wing-rallies/

Looking like a paramilitary is a good way to get everybody Wacoed.

I agreed with many who just argued against me in a previous thread by saying Cantwell was an idiot for flashing guns on a camera. Guns are inherently escalatory, and even if you don't use them they can gently caress you because in NC any felony they charge you with becomes a firearm-related felony, and that poo poo matters in the sentencing guidelines let me tell you what. When the feds were coming last time I sold every gun I owned because I was worried about being hit with gun enhancements for a loving computer crime charge.

Cops also have an excuse to start shooting at you all if for any reason they "feel threatened". Cantwell was indeed a loving idiot for flashing guns.

Now here's a textbook repeat of the Charlottesville formula, this time with guns! That turns the existential risk dial all the way to maximum. I will help pay for your lawyers and bail money as best I can even if you're loving morons like Cantwell and I'll loving mourn if anything worse happens to any of you.

This is a nog city. Lots of nogs. There is going to be fights and trouble here, and there are also going to be guns.

Spencer's guy Eli reached out to me yesterday with a message from Spencer asking me to stop criticizing him. In response I asked Spencer to share in the sacrifices that we need to make in the wake of Charlottesville and help with Cantwell's legal fund. I went to sleep hoping that I'd see something positive on that front when I woke.

Instead I see this absolute loving madness. Please think carefully about the potential risks of this situation. I beg you, do not show up to this thing.

quote:

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 04:49 on Sep 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Richard Spencer is such a loving piece of poo poo I have half a mind to drive down just to break his Jabroni back.