Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

Dooms msrp is 29.99.

$30 isn't $20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
But they did put extra resources into the port and have to pay the company that did the actual port, so I can see a higher price for the Switch version upon release, though I think $10-15 extra would be more appropriate than $30 extra.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If it's got gyro aiming, I might bite.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope it does well to encourage more 3rd party AAA ports.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its every day price is 19.99 at walmart, target, etc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Videogames, i think nintendo is deleterious to the brain.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
videogames not here man

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Takoluka posted:

I can't believe the Switch version is gonna be $180

It's going to be 60 and steam sells it once a month for 20

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Real hurthling! posted:

Its every day price is 19.99 at walmart, target, etc.

Oh, you're right.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

But with tax!!!!!!!!!!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's still $40 in Canada, the only country that matters

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Like we kid and all but theres no shame in paying for something if you enjoy it.

The shame comes from being insecure about the purchase and posting like a nutbag.

In any event im gonna play pokken all weekend

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

There's no shame but I think its helpful to talk people out of the Switch version if they can get it on PC or PS4. Is portability worth the big hits to performance and cost? For example, no one talked me out of NBA2K18 because early footage looked decent. Turns out the performance is actually really mediocre and it totally wasn't worth. So gently caress ya'll for not saving me money!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

XyrlocShammypants posted:

There's no shame but I think its helpful to talk people out of the Switch version if they can get it on PC or PS4. Is portability worth the big hits to performance and cost? For example, no one talked me out of NBA2K18 because early footage looked decent. Turns out the performance is actually really mediocre and it totally wasn't worth. So gently caress ya'll for not saving me money!

I cant judge value to others. For instance i didnt like doom 2016 much more than the average game.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I mean I'll wait for a price drop but I might take the graphical hit if it means I don't need to download/install 80GB+ of data

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Relative to sd card size its still gonna be gigantic on switch

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You guys/gals find the absolute dumbest poo poo to argue about instead of asking when X is coming to the Switch. For example, back in June I posted this on the DOOM thread

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can’t wait for this game to, one day in the future, get ported to the Nintendo Switch!!!!

And now we have Doom on the Switch.

You TOO can make your favorite game on the Switch a reality!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

my favorite game is super mario world

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

HyperPuma posted:

my favorite game is super mario world

Same.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have already asked and been told "no" by the Broforce devs about a Switch port.

RIP my sense of wonder

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just want kirby

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Life is strange on the switcherino

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why did DF go to the trouble of rigging a PC to match specs and make a video even though they are completely different architectures and been recoded, instead of just using footage of the demo they got like everyone else?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why did DF go to the trouble of rigging a PC to match specs and make a video even though they are completely different architectures and been recoded, instead of just using footage of the demo they got like everyone else?

Cause youtube pays best for ~10 min vids and they had time

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Other people got > 10 minutes demo recording though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh then cocaine?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i think that guy just likes to nerd out

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Life is strange on the switcherino

I'd be surprised if this doesn't happen, LiS isn't exactly taxing and is on everything else at this point

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

So BTW Doom doesn't have motion control aiming but it does have HD rumble, sooooo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

They did just announce a remake of Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner with 4k graphics and VR on PS4, so anything can happen when Konami is desperate.

i am loving how owned konami got by the new pachinko laws or whatever it was but honestly they're such shitheads i want them to die and sell their properties off to other shitheads who at least hide it better

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:newlol:

Speaking as an owner, I just don't see the point if you own a PC- unless you already had all your friends on console (like I do).

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Now that I have a closer look isn't this a Nintendog model that been upscaled.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

:newlol:

Speaking as an owner, I just don't see the point if you own a PC- unless you already had all your friends on console (like I do).

Pc knack when

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jarogue posted:

Now that I have a closer look isn't this a Nintendog model that been upscaled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8&t=7s

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Before they make it one of the free PS+ games, that's for sure. :rimshot:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

HyperPuma posted:

videogames not here man

The Nintendo Switch thread is the seedy back alley of the Games subfourm. Talk poo poo get hit

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Umihara Kawase is coming to Switch, with possibly a new game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Probably a price mistake but Mario + Rabbids is showing up for only $30 at Best Buy right now. You should be able to get it with in store pick up. It even says the hat is included.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-nintendo-switch/5909500.p?skuId=5909500

EDIT: Seems to be unavailable now.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Sep 22, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SeANMcBAY posted:

Probably a price mistake but Mario + Rabbids is showing up for only $30 at Best Buy right now. You should be able to get it with in store pick up. It even says the hat is included.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-nintendo-switch/5909500.p?skuId=5909500
Says it's unavailable for online purchase even when I try to add it to my cart for a specific local store - what am I missing?

edit: now it just says it's unavailable for pickup altogether, I think they're fixing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

For those of you who want to play Voez on your TV or with buttons: Voez is getting a physical release early next year that includes the option to play docked and also to use a controller. No word yet as to whether or not they'll also include it as a free update to current digital owners but I can only assume they will?

• Locked thread