Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Alxprit posted:

According to Mr. Serebii that issue's been fixed. Will test tonight and see if true.

EDIT: True.

I was almost hoping they would stay untradeable so I wouldn't resent not having all 6.

I thought getting every vivillion was a pain in the rear end...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

oddium posted:

i think we can all agree to never spell it formse

drat you, oddium

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

what the hell

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dizz posted:

what the hell

It's an owl sleeping in a bag.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's an owl sleeping in a bag.

yeah why the hell did they think that would sell? the ugliest starter

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dizz posted:

yeah why the hell did they think that would sell? the ugliest starter

Your dead kid

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Hustlin Floh posted:

Your dead kid

ghost types are good except for decidueye

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
shiny decidueye should have been the regular one like with chesnaught

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
decidueye was the first starter i ever considered benching...ultimately pulled through but he was pretty much dead weight near the end of the game

metroid water spider on the other hand, wrecked everyone's face along with alola raichu

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

mandatory lesbian posted:

decidueye was the first starter i ever considered benching...ultimately pulled through but he was pretty much dead weight near the end of the game

metroid water spider on the other hand, wrecked everyone's face along with alola raichu

I benched my second-stage snivy. I don't remember the exact reasons, but presumably there were just better more interesting pokes to me in White 1.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

NewFatMike posted:

I hate to ask again, but is there any way someone might be able to grab an extra Ash hat Pikachu? My 3DS isn't very happy with my Chinese WiFi.

I think the Ash Hat Pikachus are pretty cute but probably wouldn't use one much so... maybe? Which one do you want?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

One thing I really like about decidueye is that it is not actually a ghost or a ghost inside of a thing. That might seem silly, but I like it.

In this world, ghosts are not only real, but classifiable. There are measurable qualities that something can have that makes it a ghost. It makes sense that there could be a living creature that nontheless has some of these qualities. That's super cool!

The only pokemon like that are the Frillish line and Decidueye. I like all of them.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Do we know if transfered pokemon from Gold/Silver will have their hidden abilities 100% of the time like R/B?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Do we know if transfered pokemon from Gold/Silver will have their hidden abilities 100% of the time like R/B?

It's not known for certain, but I'd bet on it.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Dizz posted:

what the hell

They got my letters!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

It's not known for certain, but I'd bet on it.

you can trade between 2nd and 1st gen like the originals can right? i'm holding on to the tiny smolder of hope that no guard fissure machamp can become a reality...

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mabels big day posted:

you can trade between 2nd and 1st gen like the originals can right? i'm holding on to the tiny smolder of hope that no guard fissure machamp can become a reality...

You can already get a Machamp in gen 2 anyway. They haven't mentioned whether there's interop with the gen 1 VC releases but since they already had to reverse-engineer the link cable wire protocol you probably can.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

decidueye is good but I made the game a lot harder on myself by bringing two ghosts and two psychics for most of the game

turns out basically everyone has a dark move

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

decidueye is good but I made the game a lot harder on myself by bringing two ghosts and two psychics for most of the game

turns out basically everyone has a dark move

Except, ironically, some Dark pokeymans.
Back when Castforms were worth their weight in gold, I used Decidueye as a False Swiper while SOS-chaining Panchams/Pangoros outside the Skull crack den. Turns out they could do absolutely nothing against the Dead Owl.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rowlett is lovely but the middle Evo is fabulous.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Decidueye is a fine but not spectacular pokemon that I would consider using in USUM if it didn't mean ditching my good friend Primarina

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Take both. Also SD decidueye is awesome.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Bongo Bill posted:

You can already get a Machamp in gen 2 anyway. They haven't mentioned whether there's interop with the gen 1 VC releases but since they already had to reverse-engineer the link cable wire protocol you probably can.

They did say the Time Machine link trades would work, I think in the initial announcement? I remember it being one of the things they were upfront about

But yeah no mention of the HAs from transfers or not. Probably will be though

Does GS open any fun stuff up for transferring that RBY didn't?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

are they out now or do we have to wait till later today?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

They did say the Time Machine link trades would work, I think in the initial announcement? I remember it being one of the things they were upfront about

But yeah no mention of the HAs from transfers or not. Probably will be though

Your dream of zap cannon clefairy has finally come true!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the real question is who wants to fight my fire/thunder punch alakazam in RBY. half his checks get hit for super effective now

and i don't know if the gen 1 world is ready for amnesia Nidoking

gen 2 tradebacks in gen 1 is the ultimate competitive meta

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mabels big day posted:

the real question is who wants to fight my fire/thunder punch alakazam in RBY. half his checks get hit for super effective now

and i don't know if the gen 1 world is ready for amnesia Nidoking

gen 2 tradebacks in gen 1 is the ultimate competitive meta

Out of curiosity, are there any simulators running this format?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

What is wrong with you all Hoodie Ghost Owl rules

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

decidueye is cool in pokken tournament because it has a move where it shoots magnemites out of the air to hit its opponent

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
https://twitter.com/irakusa512/status/910720804421169155

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What's this?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neat detail

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kelp Plankton posted:

HA Lugia and Ho-oh that you have some ability to control the nature of.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kelp Plankton posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MBzhdLaU4TPfHTj6VV3WqprTcmUGr37nJIZ8MBNzTjU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dexie posted:

What's this?

It kind of looks like a poster for the next movie, but if that was the case I'd think we'd of heard something about it beforehand. Or it could just be another promo for Ultra Sun/Moon.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 22, 2017

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I'm Ya Boy Guzma's gun.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

PetraCore posted:

I think the Ash Hat Pikachus are pretty cute but probably wouldn't use one much so... maybe? Which one do you want?

You rule! Just the one from this week with the OG hat would be great!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Do we know whether the hat pikachus are bankable? Cosplay pikachu wasn't, right?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm Ya Boy Guzma's gun.

I'm Alolan Golem's Galvanized Explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm Ya Boy Guzma's gun.

Ah, Gunzma.