Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It should be called the Bagwell because Buffs are the Stuff and you can't get enuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Well, I pulled!

Quina's BSB, Cid Raines BSB(dupe) and Cloud's BSB1.

Uhm. I'm not too sure how to feel about all that!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I got Sarah and Iris bsbs... Thought I pulled on yesterday's lucky draw again by accident but that's not possible..??? loving weird lol

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I'm 1/11 on both luckies so far.

But they did end up giving me dupes on banner one, so I'm probably not pulling on any of them now.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Cosmic Afro posted:

Well, I pulled!

Quina's BSB, Cid Raines BSB(dupe) and Cloud's BSB1.

Uhm. I'm not too sure how to feel about all that!

I went 1/11 with Quina's BSB so I'm guessing you feel better than I do!

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
2/11 Reks BSB, Gilgamesh USB

Yay? I have no idea how good his USB is, but I'll take it! I have his BSB so that should make him my definitive retaliator.

Reks BSB is super annoying. I have like 10 total BSBs, how the hell did I get a dupe??? Have an 8* stat stick now at least though.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
That sure is a Squall BSB1. At least I didn't have it (?)

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I was hoping for a chain, since this is the only good place to pull one.

Leila BSB is apparently not completely terrible?

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
1/11 Garland BSB, boooo

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

4/11 no dupes

Vincent BSB
Zidane BSB1
Papalymo BSB
Yuffie USB

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Ramza USB, Ace USB.

Luck finally turning around a bit!

I think Ramza's USB will help me quite a bit as a new player, and I've always been fond of characters that use magical cards as weapons.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

2/11 - Rydia BSB and Exdeath USB. Somehow, the game really wants me to love Exdeath after giving me a total of five relics (4 unique, 1 dupe) for him.

I can't say that I disagree. :science:

In other news, how should I be trying to finally break into Magicite dungeons with this profile? (FFRKC's not cooperated on syncing, but I have or will have the above two relics/Rosa BSB/the new skills as well.) I'd tried out Bismarck but had been hit with either more incoming damage or less outcoming damage than I could stand (Ashe needed a lot of buffs to succeed while Orlandeau was only hitting for 50-60K per OSB shot.), and a few preliminary tries on the other fights convinced me that I really don't know how to run Entrust bots well. Thoughts?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
2/11 as well.

Didn't even need to pull on the FFVI banner!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I got Serah BSB and Auron USB. More ice stuff! Soon I won't need that element anymore. Auron USB? Well it'll be good for CMs anyway!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
3/11. Fang BSB2, Porom BSB, Yuffie BSB.

Looking better, all are completely new for me. Yuffie in particular is going to be very handy for Liquid Flame. :toot:

Fest total: 3 new BSB, 2 dupe BSB.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Sep 22, 2017

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Okay, definitely used up all my luck. Pulled dupe Vivi BSB1/11.

I just want more ice stuff...

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
https://i.imgur.com/85eGMsI.png

I'm that guy. I pulled this from today's lucky.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

:rip:

Did you get anything else?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Now you're guaranteed to not pull it at all on the PS2 banner! Because that's how it works, right? :downs:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Yeah I did get other stuff too. A dumb hairclip, a leftover Arc BSB from yesterday and.. uh, was there something else? I'm pretty sure it was 4/11

Oh yeah

A mother loving LIGHTNING USB

HELL YEAH!

Honestly even the hairclip (Red XIII BSB Cosmo Canyon) seems really good.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
3/11, and two of them were dupes (Keeper's Tome and FFT Chaosbringer). The other was Fang's Rhomphia.

Meh. At least it's more Tactics and XIIi synergy, which I kinda needed.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Yeah I did get other stuff too. A dumb hairclip, a leftover Arc BSB from yesterday and.. uh, was there something else? I'm pretty sure it was 4/11

Oh yeah

HELL YEAH!

:catstare: Right to complain about Bees revoked.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

disco ball!

and it's a loving dupe Ragnarok (I). odds: just over fuckall.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
1/11 Umaro BSB. I don't know why they advertised chain breaks, but it'll do.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Oh yeah

HELL YEAH!

The Dumb Hairclip has saved my toast in a lot of occasions.

Anyways I hit 5/11 on the Burst Lucky, but got a a 3/5 Dupe ratio there.

Featured Bursts were Basch, Eiko and Rapha with Newcomers Quistis and Prishe.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Got 3/11 Delita USB, Zack BSB, and dupe Terra BSB. Meh overall as I already have 3 imperil winds and both Bartz and Lightning USBs to cover Delitas spellblades.

Do they ever make a proper 5* ice spellblade?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Closest they've come is the 2-hit AOE.
Samurai done stole your Ice Spellblade.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Went 1/11 with Relms USB. I wanted a healer USB, so I can't complain

Is there a "best way" to use this thing?

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 22, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
3/11, Yuffie's BSB (dupe), Sazh's BSB, and Lenna's USB. Nothing in particular I was hoping for but for 25 mythil I'll take it.

Should I combine Yuffie's shuriken or keep them separate? I have Air Knives+ and Shadow's SSB for ninja orientated daggers, 2 of Dagger's daggers, and a bunch of Hope's and Rinoa's throw weapons so I'm leaning towards combining them, it's not like I'm hurting for ninja weapons.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
1/11 Delita's USB. Sure is a lot of elements, it seems decent?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lightbringer is nearly a dupe since I have Agrias' alternative. Other two look good though? Decent physical wind burst and a direct upgrade to Clear Tranquil (which was my FF7 medica up til now)

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I got 1/11 with Nabaat's BSB. I remember there being some hype when that debuted, what's so great about it? Is it the imperil dark on cmd2?
I already have two imperil dark magic BSBs, so a little underwhelming.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I got 1/11 with Nabaat's BSB. I remember there being some hype when that debuted, what's so great about it? Is it the imperil dark on cmd2?

Imperil Dark, Imperil Dark command, and a character that can Wrath and even Breakdown if you need to.

She's pretty much the best Dark Imperil by a mile; Kuja will deal more damage in the short term and Seymour just weeps in the corner.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Zonko_T.M. posted:

He's probably a better character than whatever other imperil dark users you have because of his support and wrath abilities. It'd give more reliable usage for Magicite and non-JS dungeons. However it's nothing to get too excited about now. Sorry.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
2/11 Ovelia's BSB and Rikku's USB! Both unique and Rikku's USB being my first +water damage weapon (I have her and Bartz's water BSBs but no boosts) might be enough to push me to victory against the Living Flame magicite.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
5/11 :toot:

Fran USB, Rikku BSB, Minfilia BSB, Edgar BSB, Kefka BSB. Surprisingly no dupes too.

I had no poison stuff before this so it's nice to have both a physical and magical option, and my water and ice teams were sorely lacking any useful SBs. This was great. Hopefully it didn't burn all my luck for the rest of the fest.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
1/11, dupe Balthier bsb1
Third 1/11 pull, this poo poo is getting really loving old now

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Not sure how I feel about this. Fenrir Overdrive lol. Mistelteinn is a dupe. Is Tifa USB any good?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Anything that makes Tifa punch things harder is always good. Reflecting damage barriers will also come in handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Okay so with combining equipment.. everything says LOW LEVEL. Do I need to upgrade them to 3/3 before combining them? I ended up selling a bunch of one start stuff because I needed room.

I've done most of the realm dungeons and have about 50 stamina. I did the new comer events up until the last banner, the EXP one. Now where do I go? Try the elite events? I tried the second banner on a daily dungeon, the NORMAL one, and I got my poo poo pushed in real quick.

I also got the Onion Knight because you guys won't stop talking about him so I guess hes good... should I give him a sword or a staff? Optimize gives him a staff and throws him in the back row. Also, keep burning my mithril on the lucky draw banners right?

• Locked thread