Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tulip posted:

Wait why is gas now the favorite? I thought it was corrosive because pubs are even goonier than goons and avoid mp like the plague.

There was a weird interaction between stealth crits and gas procs, but that was changed months ago.

I thought the new hotness was viral and slash.

It really doesn't matter though. Even at sortie levels stuff dies good if you shoot it enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Gas is still insanely good, the stealth thing was that for some reason, it got multiplied way harder than other damage types when stealthed, even in its fixed state it still gibs things.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

It really doesn't matter though. Even at sortie levels stuff dies good if you shoot it enough.
Yeah, there's very little that can't be solved with Fudd's First Law of Opposition - "If you push something hard enough, it will fall over"

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I forget who said they had an ash prime set but I will be playing tonight and would love to get it from you

my terrible space ninja name is SwagADayKeepsDoctorsAway

why are name changes expensive

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I thought an enemy's health type was still considered "ferrite armor" or "alloy armor" even with 4 corrosive projections as far as damage bonuses go? I've always just taken radiation to grineer. Is it not actually doing bonus damage with 4 corrosive projections?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Digirat posted:

I thought an enemy's health type was still considered "ferrite armor" or "alloy armor" even with 4 corrosive projections as far as damage bonuses go? I've always just taken radiation to grineer. Is it not actually doing bonus damage with 4 corrosive projections?

They may have changed that at some point, since 4 corpro now actually makes the health bars red instead of staying yellow

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Digirat posted:

If the health bar is yellow they have armor, if it's red they don't. Damage resistances change if you strip all the armor off a guy, either through corrosive procs or 4 corrosive projections.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I forget who said they had an ash prime set but I will be playing tonight and would love to get it from you

Start raiding and you'll be doing name changes that annoys support daily :v:

We once had a dude change his name to an invite link to our raid discord.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

There was a weird interaction between stealth crits and gas procs, but that was changed months ago.

I thought the new hotness was viral and slash.

I mean, that's why I like viral, since it halves the distance between alive and dead pretty fast. But overall I'm in the damage > status camp.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah crit and damage are usually the best. I only nerd out over status because most of the poo poo I do is higher level stuff with me and 3 pubbies not using Corpro.

Otherwise Atterax/Galatine Prime/Guandao are just fine for me.

Also I briefly drove myself insane testing weapons solo in Vodyanoi which in retrospect is complete overkill and totally nuts given how often you get switch teleported, magnetized, and flashbanged.

Only magnetize is blocked by Negation Swarm, too.

I'm still a fan of Condition Overload because it scales up more quickly at higher levels, you get to use some unique weapons, and you don't need to waffle over whether or not you should use Primed Fury or Berserker.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 21, 2017

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I have loads and loads of sets right now including 2 ash 2 trinity mag and a bunch of other crap. Hit me up if you see me online.

Terratina
Jun 30, 2013
Any tips for somebody tempted to attempt the Second Dream as jusy got fhe quest off the junction or should I just carry on 'round the star chart?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Fortune favors the brave. Also Dodongo hates void blast then void dash

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 22, 2017

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You don't get those until enemy within

Terratina
Jun 30, 2013
Shadow Stalker seems scary. The proposed Focus changes are also scary...

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

You don't get those until enemy within

If I was never wrong I wouldn't be posting on SA

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He's doing Second Dream, not War Within.

Tips without spoilers:
- rear end in a top hat cube puzzle: you have to bait it to shoot at the pillars
- You can use your attack to block the boss' projectiles so you can go forward

You'll be doing the last missions solo so bring something tanky unless you're confident in your skillz. The enemies are not tough but the boss encounters could be.

Terratina
Jun 30, 2013

wid posted:

He's doing Second Dream, not War Within...

Huh. Still feels weird to be referred to as male on the internet but that's the default assumption. And really, don't worry too much about spoilers with me; I lack discipline.

Also I'm one of those tryhards who usually does stuff Solo except if it's Interception. Still, guess it's time for Rhino to shine once more.

Spam Down B
Oct 1, 2008
Solo interception is easy. Grab a Nova, shove all the duration and power strength mods on her, and use her 4 to slow the entire map to a crawl. You'll cap points faster solo, and you'll have ample time to shut down enemy captures. Bring some energy restores.

I only bring this up because my first riven challenge was "solo a lvl 30 interception, also equip a hobbled Dragon key"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Terratina posted:

Huh. Still feels weird to be referred to as male on the internet but that's the default assumption. And really, don't worry too much about spoilers with me; I lack discipline.

Also I'm one of those tryhards who usually does stuff Solo except if it's Interception. Still, guess it's time for Rhino to shine once more.

Yeah only counterintuitive stuff or things not explained:
-Try to have 4 types of damage at least (between all your weapons) You'll fight an enemy that gets immunity to damage types. Lotus will call it out as it becoming immune to your damage and tell you to swap things up. Sentients at roughly 90/60/30 health gain 95% damage resistance to whatever has done the most damage to them (that they're not already immune to).

-In the next mission the game will throw tons of those enemies at you and the stalker and act like you're supposed to fight them, you're not. Just run to the next objective

-In the final setpiece you can only hold down your laser for so long/it has to recharge, so don't keep firing it, only fire it to block those incoming projectiles. wid kinda went over this, but I'm adding the part that I didn't quite get, since Lotus's explanation and the game's feedback makes it seem like you're supposed to keep shooting the bad guys.

Have fun! Also you can redo the character creation stuff that follows at any time, and the conversation tree doesn't matter. EXCEPT FOR ONE CHOICE: The focus school you choose isn't permanent, but you're gonna be locked into it for a while, choose zenurik. Also careful about putting that lens on gear, it's the only lens you're getting until war within so make sure you toss it on a weapon or frame you're gonna use a lot and that you're gonna keep at 30.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah crit and damage are usually the best. I only nerd out over status because most of the poo poo I do is higher level stuff with me and 3 pubbies not using Corpro.

Otherwise Atterax/Galatine Prime/Guandao are just fine for me.

Also I briefly drove myself insane testing weapons solo in Vodyanoi which in retrospect is complete overkill and totally nuts given how often you get switch teleported, magnetized, and flashbanged.

Only magnetize is blocked by Negation Swarm, too.

I'm still a fan of Condition Overload because it scales up more quickly at higher levels, you get to use some unique weapons, and you don't need to waffle over whether or not you should use Primed Fury or Berserker.

The gently caress. Out of all this? Fury you moron

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lmao. Ignore my friend he's into his cups again.

Also yes I roll with Primed Fury almost all the time.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
a few pages ago there was some discussion about shield capacity mods being not great

does that apply to valkyr because one of her abilities eats your shields and turns them into damage or is the difference not enough for it to be worth it still

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

President Ark posted:

a few pages ago there was some discussion about shield capacity mods being not great

does that apply to valkyr because one of her abilities eats your shields and turns them into damage or is the difference not enough for it to be worth it still

She doesn't really have enough shields to be worth it

wid
Sep 7, 2005

President Ark posted:

That ability is very underwhelming. I can only recall Harrow being useful with a lot of shield but other frames, not so much. Some like Volt has innate high shield and you can stack overshield with his augment but overall, you're safer with more health. Slash and toxin procs are painful and they bypass shield.

But it's up to you, really. Try different set ups since the way you play will trump any build.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Xaerael posted:

Generally, unless you're asking for something mega rare, just ask for mods you need in chat. Stuff like serrations, etc are usually in abundance. Be sensible with your trade limits though, don't be shy in asking for multiple mods. Just make sure you have credits for tax.

Fish Noise posted:

Also check what mods you got against this list prepared by Cathair: https://pastebin.com/dpzH43je

Streamlines the process if you have a list ready and can rattle off what you need, instead of conducting an interview.

This was really helpful. Some kind goons did indeed shower me with mods, took me on a run to actually have enough credits and then took me to this crazy rear end map were exp is just raining. Good times. Thanks!

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
Heya, Ive been playing for a few days and am quite liking the space ninja, I read the OP but didnt see how to join the goon guild or what the discord/chat/whatever is?

Im Fqubed in game as well.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Helter Skelter posted:

Pubbies are terrible, so play with goons instead!

:siren:Join the Goon Clan Here (Follow the on screen instructions.):siren:
Some notes:
  • PS4/Xbox Users: No crossplay, so it's separate clans for the console crowd. Post here in the thread to see what's up with that, I have no idea what the activity level is on other platforms.
  • Clan invites usually go out daily. Usually.
  • Check the clan section under the communication menu to see any pending invites.
  • :siren:Make sure you don't have a clan invite already from some pub clan, you can only have one clan invite pending at a time.:siren:
  • Friends of Goons no-longer invited due to clan size caps. We've got room again, your terrible friends are welcome to join as long as they're not shitheels. Follow the instructions on the application (failure to do so may result in ridicule and/or the application getting ignored completely).
  • I tend to handle invites in batches, and while I usually get to them daily, please allow up to 72 hours before pestering me about why you don't have an invite yet. And make sure you check your clan tab/inbox for an invite before you do.
  • J4Gs annoy me. If you apply for a clan invite the same day as you sign up for the forums, don't be surprised if you don't get one.

We also have a Discord server, if you want another place to bug people for prime parts. Click here for that.

Click on the things to have your dreams come true.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

The OP posted:

We also have a Discord server, if you want another place to bug people for prime parts. Click here for that.

/edit: Beaten. Ah well.

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
I am gud at reading, Thanks =)

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Baro

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.
Well, time to farm some ducats and get me some PPB

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

PSA: Don't get the fire dualstats from baro, they're a common spy reward.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Additional PSA: Prisma Grak is 100 percent worth it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Does baro not show during Fomorian event? Wasn't getting a preview of his location last night

wid
Sep 7, 2005

Nalesh posted:

PSA: Don't get the fire dualstats from baro, they're a common spy reward.

Seconding this. I have a dozen of them from farming Ivara. Use your ducks for Primed Point Blank and Primed Pistol Gambit if you don't have them yet.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

PPB is real good.

Re: Shields, I generally take 2 or 3 defensive mods on a given frame. Most of the time this is redirection and vitality, but there's also molt and steel fiber, depending on the frame. If I can, I like to put handspring in the exilus, it tends to make a bigger difference than 15% power.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Why would I ever use Primed Fury over Berserker on a crit weapon? It takes a couple hits to ramp up past PF and keeping it up is trivial.

Status melees I get, but crit...?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Primed Fury is fast for every single hit and it increases the speed of finishers (Inaros, downed enemies) and Berserker doesn't.

Depends on your build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Zephyr skin isn't all that nice, unlike the Hydroid Immortal from last time. The Hagoromo Tennogen is the way to go for FashionZephyr. I bought it anyway because it was the only thing I didn't have that wasn't the hideous syandana. I'm tempted to pick up a few Stalker Beacons to continue my quest for Despair, though.

Basically this: