Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
drat I really thought New Monarchy would come through with the fur because I want to be in and around Shaxx. Guess NASCAR titan it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Can someone post the link from a hundred pages back with the spergy gun info tables that had the stats tia

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to the crucible today

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im not owned

https://i.imgur.com/mC3028R.gifv

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
wew lad I love 2 stare at a black screen 5 minutes when I go to the tower

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

precision posted:

I've had the game a week, gotten my main to 285 Power, and I've literally never experienced this fabled "chest lockout" you all speak of. Chests always have stuff in them for me. :confused:

I opened a goddamn CAYDE CHEST and got nothing a week or so ago. I was pissed.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Clearing half the raid and getting 10 tokens I can't use is pretty unsatisfying.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

tqilamknbrd posted:

drat I really thought New Monarchy would come through with the fur because I want to be in and around Shaxx. Guess NASCAR titan it is.

Devastation Complex is the chest armor you crave.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Huxley posted:

Clearing half the raid and getting 10 tokens I can't use is pretty unsatisfying.

That just means loot was on the last 2 events.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

Devastation Complex is the chest armor you crave.

I can't choose between the nice fur or the Kerak one for Maximum Big.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Finally finished my bullshit crucible grind and shaxx gave me a 296 wardcliff coil. Not like xur has that or anything

The only bonus is now I don't have to buy it I guess

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

RBA Starblade posted:

I can't choose between the nice fur or the Kerak one for Maximum Big.

I prefer the fur on the crucible chest piece if I'm being honest. Also the Kerak gear is ugly as all poo poo.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
:siren:

Just some quick reminders:

The "Big Dum Contest" is still running and you can win some PSN gift cards. So if you're creative and you want to have your DLC paid for, come and submit an entry!

Hit the Discord for more info in the #bigdumcontest channel:

https://discord.gg/95fbQSe

Overflow Clan:

I've taken personal command of the clan PS4/PC Battalion 7 "Boat Drivin Space Moanas" AKA "Clan Vape Wolves" and that's the group I'll be shepherding through the raid and other "hard" content. It's also the overflow clan with the most room in it currently. Come join. Friends and family (but why would you) welcome:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2551632

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

You watching the nova drop out of sight was perfect.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I see we both attended the same space wizard academy.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

What, there were no door frames available?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Darth Windu posted:

Is that the cap? Yeah that happens a lot, but I figured it was like the first game where most chests just give you a couple pieces of that planets resource. Getting something more substantial was reare

I think there might actually be two stages of lockout - at some point loot chests go from having a good chance of dropping a token, shaders, plus possibly a piece of gear to dropping only a token, and if you farm a couple more after that, even the token stops dropping and I think all you get is some pity glimmer.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
There should be like a rare item with a light level that you can use to infuse into anything because the game has never given me a purple rocket launcher so I'm never going to boost the Wardcliff coil I no doubt will purchase

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

I whiffed on nova bombs in two crucible matches in a row yesterday and felt like a giant dingus.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
[quote="“Brine”" post="“476649183”"]
I whiffed on nova bombs in two crucible matches in a row yesterday and felt like a giant dingus.
[/quote]

I'm quite fond of the jump up in the air and explode myself on a crossbeam manoeuvre myself

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Insane Totoro posted:

The "Big Dum Contest" is still running and you can win some PSN gift cards. So if you're creative and you want to have your DLC paid for, come and submit an entry!

Overflow Clan:

I've taken personal command of the clan PS4/PC Battalion 7 "Boat Drivin Space Moanas" AKA "Clan Vape Wolves" and that's the group I'll be shepherding through the raid and other "hard" content. It's also the overflow clan with the most room in it currently. Come join. Friends and family (but why would you) welcome:

Sent a join request as KravMagaUC

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Linx posted:

I'm quite fond of the jump up in the air and explode myself on a crossbeam manoeuvre myself

goons really are the best and brightest

https://i.imgur.com/LDKbFsP.gifv

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Sent a join request as KravMagaUC

Welcome, weed wolverine

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

xzzy posted:

goons really are the best and brightest

https://i.imgur.com/LDKbFsP.gifv

owned

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I had some really horrible dreams about wiping at Calus 3 times at 1% last night but then it turned out it was real.

That was my first time in there though and now I really want to get that fucker down (and get me some sweet Fulminator stuff).

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Sooo, now that the honeymoon period is over and Destiny 2 is indeed actually a Good Game, what do you guys think of the weapon system

It's the only thing significantly worse than Destiny 1 for me personally (crucible I haven't played a whole lot on, so I haven't formed an opinion on that yet)

Destiny 2 is a good game with odd design choices. No emote wheel, no new reload animations, mods feel a bit underwhelming, models of base guns aren't that varied, and a lot of returning Exotics. I like the shader system, don't really mind the consumable part, and I like that all the fun guns haven't been nerfed into the ground. I hope Bungie doesn't Nerf guns just because PvP kiddies whine and complain about getting owned by better players. I like the constant public events, Director travel, and the new armor designs. Strange that they brought back all the existing subclasses and they really took out a lot of choices with the skills which I don't like.

I'm not running out of content yet but I'm looking forward to what both DLCs bring to the game. It definitely doesn't feel like D1s launch again.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Request sent as br0me0

Yuppie Scum
Nov 28, 2003

Fortune and glory, kids. Fortune and glory.

Insane Totoro posted:

Overflow Clan:

Sent a join request as homegrownclone, thanks!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Monolith. posted:

Destiny 2 is a good game with odd design choices. No emote wheel, no new reload animations, mods feel a bit underwhelming, models of base guns aren't that varied, and a lot of returning Exotics. I like the shader system, don't really mind the consumable part, and I like that all the fun guns haven't been nerfed into the ground. I hope Bungie doesn't Nerf guns just because PvP kiddies whine and complain about getting owned by better players. I like the constant public events, Director travel, and the new armor designs. Strange that they brought back all the existing subclasses and they really took out a lot of choices with the skills which I don't like.

I'm not running out of content yet but I'm looking forward to what both DLCs bring to the game. It definitely doesn't feel like D1s launch again.

They absolutely need to "nerf" the radar perk on MIDA or revert the ads/radar situation to D1

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They absolutely need to "nerf" the radar perk on MIDA or revert the ads/radar situation to D1

My favorite part of playing Hunter is having the Knucklehead Radar helmet so I can out-MIDA MIDA users with whatever weapon I drat well please.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Can't wait for the cancer trials meta that is going to be foetracer/MIDA combo now that Xur is selling it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

My favorite part of playing Hunter is having the Knucklehead Radar helmet so I can out-MIDA MIDA users with whatever weapon I drat well please.

Uh....MIDA FoeTracer forever

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Sooo, now that the honeymoon period is over and Destiny 2 is indeed actually a Good Game

Destiny 2 is a egg.

Destiny 2 first dlc will be baccon.

Destiny 3 second dlc will be potato chips.

The final product is not released yet. Once is all put together it will be a good game, yes.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah it's gonna be funny when they start the dedicated esports push and the top players force them to remove knucklehead and foetracer

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Uh....MIDA FoeTracer forever

Exactly

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm willing to bet the mod system will see some pretty significant tuning in the DLC's. The barebones nature of it now is probably just infrastructure.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
It's laughable they're trying to make this an epsort. Pros hate any semblance of randomness and "bullshit" and that is Destiny's MO.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Javes posted:

It's laughable they're trying to make this an epsort. Pros hate any semblance of randomness and "bullshit" and that is Destiny's MO.

galaxy brain: the true test of skill is being able to emerge victorious in a random chaotic environment.

esports weenies are just primadonnas. You don't see Tom Brady going over the field with a comb before the game.

"Uhm excuse me referee, this section of turf has a 1.3 inch depression and the specification says it must be under 1 inch. I cannot play the game under these conditions (so help me deflate some footballs)."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

"Uhm excuse me referee, this section of turf has a 1.3 inch depression and the specification says it must be under 1 inch. I cannot play the game under these conditions (so help me deflate some footballs)."

Golfers probably do this tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

mikeraskol posted:

I had some really horrible dreams about wiping at Calus 3 times at 1% last night but then it turned out it was real.

That was my first time in there though and now I really want to get that fucker down (and get me some sweet Fulminator stuff).

Same. First attempt at Calus last night, nerds I was running with blew it on the very last bit with taking the shield down. How the gently caress y'all screw it up so bad, the 3 of us inside were taking the shield down every phase no issue but now you all jump off the plate and poo poo the bed while I'm all alone, reloading and shooting through blinding light?

:argh: