Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

What I don't like about sports is that you know the game field shape, the number of enemies, the weapons.

In a sport game is very rare that 300 players play against 100.000.

So where is the chaos and surprise that is the spice of life? is not on sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Javes posted:

It's laughable they're trying to make this an epsort. Pros hate any semblance of randomness and "bullshit" and that is Destiny's MO.

This is 100% why esports is dumb as gently caress and full of whiny entitled idiots.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I don't like esports

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I'm surprised there's isn't an absolute zero-based ice subclass or something. I wonder if they have any plans for another subclass.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

mikeraskol posted:

I'm surprised there's isn't an absolute zero-based ice subclass or something. I wonder if they have any plans for another subclass.

I was thinking about this too just now :aaa:

Titans encase their arms in jagged ice and box dudes to death, hunters get throwing ice spears, warlock gets a cone of cold type thing.
Add shrapnel grenades and slowing melees and you have a recipe for success!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

In the 2 games I played for the Comp Milestone, 4 people left in the first 2 rounds, which surprises me absolutely not at all.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

mikeraskol posted:

Unlocking the third subclass in Taken King was all about making contact with a lost group. It wouldn't surprise me if the Destiny 2 hook is that Our "Chosen One" Guardians pioneer a brand new technique eventually.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope some new exotic weapons drop in the next 2 months, or at least some exotic armors. Some of the unique perks on a few are underwhelming. The 2 of the 3 Hunter pieces Sloane offers are kind of just small handcannon perks.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

But I was a dumb oval office wearing Knucklehead in the meanwhile which I now have to wean myself off of. Or really just bury my head forever by equipping MIDA lol :suicide: Another thought was to wear Foetracer when running with my mates and Knucklehead when solo queued to watch my own back, tho that might be a pain, switching back and forth.

Regardless, Foetracer is top shelf 100 A+. Grab it, Hunters.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
There'll probably be some new stuff every so often. They saw how crazy people got about the Black Spindle, sleeper simulant and whatever the exo stranger rifle was called. They would be foolish not to have left themselves some stuff like that to parcel out between bigger DLC releases.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

they didnt even make a new subclass for a new game lol

hell, they had people praising them for not cutting subclasses

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

thebardyspoon posted:

There'll probably be some new stuff every so often. They saw how crazy people got about the Black Spindle, sleeper simulant and whatever the exo stranger rifle was called. They would be foolish not to have left themselves some stuff like that to parcel out between bigger DLC releases.

The Reddit secrets crew has found suspicious stuff in the Almighty mission so a lot of people think this sort of thing is now guaranteed.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

haveblue posted:

The Reddit secrets crew has found suspicious stuff in the Almighty mission so a lot of people think this sort of thing is now guaranteed.

Yeah I saw some of that stuff, just playing the waiting game until they make that mission a meditation I guess. At least with them being weekly now you won't have that insane rush/pressure to do it when someone discovers it midday, you get home from work and find out you have a few hours to do this thing.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Menstrual Show posted:

they didnt even make a new subclass for a new game lol

hell, they had people praising them for not cutting subclasses

they made 3 new subclasses though

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

With Xur bringing merciless and foetracer Bungie is going full steam into space communism

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Xur why you gotta offer everything I already own!:argh:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

They seem to go after "elements" (void isn't even a element, maybe it's supposed to be gravity or something) that have the most potential for nuking the hell out of poo poo.

What is ice going to do? Make enemies very cold and slow while you stab them with icicles?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

haveblue posted:

Golfers probably do this tbf

Even in golf (where yeah, they go over greens like crazy before a putt), you have to deal with wind. It can make a shot that was cake for someone else a nightmare for you.

I hate the idea of cutting out random chance. Adapting takes more skill than just memorize by the same thing over and over. The latter gets you "final destination no items" type poo poo.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Void's the combination of the crushing loneliness and vastness of the void and yeah gravity and forces beyond our comprehension

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

xzzy posted:

They seem to go after "elements" (void isn't even a element, maybe it's supposed to be gravity or something) that have the most potential for nuking the hell out of poo poo.

What is ice going to do? Make enemies very cold and slow while you stab them with icicles?

According to one of the writers/goon General Buttata, Void is zero-point energy. Not gravity, but... close enough?

Absolute zero/Bose-Einstein condensate (condensate would be a rockin' element name) are more the near-total absence of energy, instead of just "cold". There's potential there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cool, maybe we can have a neutrino subclass. Bombard you with a near-infinite number of particles, and if you hang around for a few years one of them might interact with your body and cause cancer!

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
More importantly, what color will the next subclass be?

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
Green/poison subclasses always seemed obvious to me.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Javes posted:

More importantly, what color will the next subclass be?

Pink, god willing

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
They should add a 1/10,000 chance that your gun will randomly jam

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Love powered subclass. Melee replaced by hugs and grenades with teddy bears. Warlocks can have a beam of pure love that turns enemies into friends so you can hug them. Hunters will become warlocks for their super duration so they can feel loved for like 10 seconds. Titans will create a bubble that makes everyone trapped inside kiss.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Is 275 good enough to raid

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Add more themed events with visual changes to your character.

Beach theme: Titans throw a Frisbee instead of a shield, warlocks throw a beach ball instead of a void blast, hunters whip around a pool noodle instead of a pole

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Daric posted:

Add more themed events with visual changes to your character.

Beach theme: Titans throw a Frisbee instead of a shield, warlocks throw a beach ball instead of a void blast, hunters whip around a pool noodle instead of a pole

Change the striker animation to a cannonball

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I think it's doable but would be much more comfortable at 280-285.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yeah most activities are more comfortable if you're over leveled for them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The good old days where it was not possible to overlevel and the only way to reach power parity with the raid was to beat it while handicapped :allears:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

haveblue posted:

The good old days where it was not possible to overlevel and the only way to reach power parity with the raid was to beat it while handicapped :allears:

FART

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you still get super minute gains from being overleveled. hell, i did the normal nightfall and it tells me recommended power level is 297

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Everybody was doing the raid in the first week at 265-270. When I cleared the raid on the first week I was 269.

Your post is probably more accurate if you indicated that it's a reflection on what groups are currently asking for now though. Nobody on the100.io for example will bring anyone under 280 anymore. Goon raids ask for 270+ for the most part.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you still get super minute gains from being overleveled. hell, i did the normal nightfall and it tells me recommended power level is 297

That's your level and you probably got killed by the architects

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

If you took any damage that you created (AoE nade, Rocket, physics) the display will be your own power level

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Guys I have tried the nightfall with my friends like 10 times and we can't beat the boss. It's gotten to the point that we are so good at everything else we get there with like 8 minutes and he still farts around the room and we miss with like 1/8th health left. Please help me I am dying.

I'm 285 they're like 276 each. I'm a titan who owns and they're a titan and warlock who own less hard.

Other thoughts - lion rampant legs have surpassed dunemarchers as best titan legs. Discuss.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Scornful Sexbot posted:

Guys I have tried the nightfall with my friends like 10 times and we can't beat the boss. It's gotten to the point that we are so good at everything else we get there with like 8 minutes and he still farts around the room and we miss with like 1/8th health left. Please help me I am dying.

I'm 285 they're like 276 each. I'm a titan who owns and they're a titan and warlock who own less hard.

It's a lovely strike made more lovely with no burns. I'm not even bothering this week. I'd rather do chill stuff with bros like public events.

aint even mad

edit: a good time to start one of your alts imho

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Try to knock him off the ledge with the Wardcliff Coil